shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding progress - finally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Since Fisher asked, I thought it was time to finally start a progress thread since I actually have been making quite a bit of it lately
1.gif
Planning the wedding was the easy part, but the reception has been a whole other story. We booked this beautiful atrium (it''s small, but works for our 60-ish person getogether). I have very little to do with decorating and I love the New Orleans-ish feel to it. On the side where this pic is taken from, there are trees, more greenery and a fountain (where the cake will be displayed). (If anyone can tell me how to post multiple pics in one post, I''d be grateful!)
jen

best western governors suites atrium.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another view...

best western governors suites atrium 2.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Along with the atiurm, we will be using the lounge to show our wedding video while guests arrive and will be back there later for dancing. The bookcases and fireplace are not in the lounge at our location...

best western governors suites lounge.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
We are having matt''s ring custom made to be like this one, only 7mm wide with no satin...

scott kay double edge.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s our napkins that just arrived...

wedding napkin 1.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Our invitation...(well, the example of it, anyway)

Purple starfish invite  Princess invitations.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
My cake inspiration (ours will be round, with the layers stacking to the back of each one)

purple cake.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t actually picked a bouquet, but it''ll be along these lines...

purple bouquet 104.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Or maybe something like this...

bouquet 5.jpg

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
My mom''s dress (my only guest attending the actualy wedding), so I guess you could says she''s my MOH
1.gif

nordstrom.jpg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like things are really coming together! I love the atrium... it does have a NOLA feel which is awesome. Such a gorgeous city! Everything look great
36.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
And again the bodice of my dress (the flowers are much more purple than they look)...

dress detail.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE the work on your dress...goes so well with the whole theme thing you''ve put together. The locale looks beautiful!

laru0283

Rough_Rock
I love your dress!!!
30.gif
It''s so beautiful and unique! congrats on everything, and good luck, it looks fantastic!

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!! Everything in your wedding seems to be so well coordinated!!! I love your site! Finding the site is my roadblock right now.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Cool venue and I love how cohesive everthing looks! I am glad that you seem to be feeling better, too!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That room is just loaded with character- love it
30.gif
Congrats- that is a huge part in the planning process!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Everything is just beautiful!!!
30.gif
You''ve been busy!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!!
30.gif

It looks like you''ve been doing a lot of work!!! Your wedding is going to be beautiful when it''s all said and done!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
everything looks great together!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Love the PURPLE cake! :) We did all things purple, too. *Well, and silver for the boy!*

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
OOOH! The first bouquet is Pretty, pretty, pretty! Good taste, girl!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all of the positive replies!
1.gif
Yes, I''ve been a busy girl lately, and yes, I feel a LOT better about everything. My dress came in the lther day and I was a bit freaked out as the bodice is shorter than the original one I tried on, but duh--- it''s a lot smaller period! I was really excited that the 8 fit. When I started trying on dresses they were 14''s. That was 32 pounds ago, though
2.gif
The dress will be ready in 2 weeks after getting small alterations done (bustle, removal of back modesty panel --- I want the corset laces against my skin!, and a tiny bit of taking it in on each side).

FG-- The dres is a Maggie and I can take absolutely no credit for anything on it. I just lucked out and found a dress I liked that happened to have purple on it :)I have my veil (which is entirely edged in those same big purple flowers and is practically cathedral lenth) and can''t seem to leave it alone!
9.gif

I''ve also ordered Matt''s linen suit and am crossing fingers and toes that it needs only minor length adjustments --- nobody local has linen suits yet.

And I''m stumped about my hair. Yes it''s a beach wedding and I''d envisioned it in a partial updo, but I don''t want to cover the back of my dress (my hair goes about 2/3 of the way down my back). hmmm.

Thanks for liking that bouquet fisher --- that one is my favorite (i think!) so far --- need to decide on that and the actual wedding vows. I''m working on table centerpieces and we got the leis for the reception in the mail yesterday, so I''m feeling good....

more later
9.gif

jen

ps officers girl --- once I set my mind to it and didn''t stop until i found a venue i liked, i felt a lot better. I''m pretty sure that the lack-of-reception-venue is what made me stress so hard -- good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results