shape
carat
color
clarity

Weather reporting has gotten crazy hi-tech!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

April20

Ideal_Rock
We have a ton of bad weather moving thru the state- thunderstorms, golf ball sized hail, tornados, etc. The news is doing uninterrupted weather reporting. The graphics are AMAZING. They are taking the storm cells on the radar, making them 3-D, slicing them, dicing them and all sorts of other crazy stuff. I''ve never seen anything like it. It is truly impressive. So far everything really bad is going just north and just south of us.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I live in tornado central and they actually follow the funnel clouds in helicopters so we get live footage. They pre-empt prime time TV for 3 hours or more! We sit and watch it on the screen saying, "oh, it''s going about a mile north of here...."

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I''m such a weather nerd! I studied Meteorolgy for a year before changing majors. Storms are just so fascinating!!!

April20

Ideal_Rock
We don''t get enough tornados to have helicopter reporting. We get reporters "Live! From the scene of the action!" which equals them interviewing people coming out of Publix where the weather has hit and other people sending in their home movies of the weather. My favorite tonight was the guy outside taping a storm (possibly a small tornado) and his wife yelling at him in the background to get in the house.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2009 9:13:39 PM
Author: April20
We don''t get enough tornados to have helicopter reporting. We get reporters ''Live! From the scene of the action!'' which equals them interviewing people coming out of Publix where the weather has hit and other people sending in their home movies of the weather. My favorite tonight was the guy outside taping a storm (possibly a small tornado) and his wife yelling at him in the background to get in the house.
LOL

April you must be in Atlanta!
35.gif

My DH and I saw that tape of the man with his wife yelling at him and I was laughing so hard I was crying. I am just as amazed at all the new weather tech toys these guys have now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results