shape
carat
color
clarity

we need more men on PS. why don''t men hang around...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 12:12:38 PM
Author: InLuv101
They are worried that their FI/wife will discover PS too and keep wanting more sparklies as a result of the SMTR board

I was talking to a diamond seller recently, who told me that a guy will often say to him, at the close of the engagement ring deal, "That is the last diamond I am ever buying!"
Even with the girl in tow, they might call out as they walk out the door, "We won''t be back!"
!!!
Scrooges!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Most guys I know don''t really like to sit around and chat with a bunch of girls...

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
How come I am feeling dissed?

I stumbled on PS when shopping for an engagement ring, so spent most time in RT & SMTR. Now, after the proposal, I have ventured into the other forums and have had a blast! If nothing else, I get more insight into the female point of view, right? I must be another oddball.

By the way, when are the "How to cope with the bling addict" and "ESPN and diamonds other than baseball" categories going to start?
9.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 2:53:41 PM
Author: Maisie
Because they are all off doing manly things such as spitting and clutching their trouser area.
9.gif
Thats no answer...I find time to do manly things like spitting,clutching my trousers AND posting ob Pricescope!
9.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Um, because this place is filled with women? Um, just a guess.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
don''t wanna get cooties

I developed a cooties vaccine but its in limited deployment hence there are not many guys here.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 3:45:34 PM
Author: NuggetBrain
Date: 4/9/2009 3:32:48 PM

Author: Maisie

Date: 4/9/2009 3:23:21 PM

Author: meresal

Date: 4/9/2009 2:00:21 PM

Author: joflier

Date: 4/9/2009 12:17:42 PM

Author: meresal

In the case of my SO... because there's no forum titled, 'What I loved about ESPN today'
11.gif
Lol - you crack me up!
Seriously... without fail... FI's first couple words when I see him after work start with, 'Did you see the article on ESPN today that....'

My reply, 'No babe, I didn't check ESPN yesterday for that other article, and I didn't check it today either.' It's just a habit of his, but I never miss a chance to remind him that not everyone looks at ESPN daily for every single sports update.
3.gif

ETA: Nugget, luckily, SO just plays the games, he's not a big talker about them.

Maise, you're onto something. Between the remote, and can of soda, his trouser 'area', and a PS# controller... I have no idea what FI would type with.
rotflmao2.gif

Mine is on the PS3 now and everytime there is a little glitch with the internet connection he turns to me and goes 'What did you do???' All I am doing is sitting here reading PS!

OMG, our Internet went out last night in the middle of his NHL 2009 game with a friend and he freaked out. You would have thought the PS3 ate our baby.

LOL! Sounds like my SO. I won tickets to a Capitals game, and subsequently, he bought NHL 2009, bought ice skates and procured hockey gear, and is now 'putting in rink time' so that he can start playing with an adult hockey league this spring/summer!
23.gif
This all happened in LESS THAN A MONTH!!!!
38.gif
He loves his PS3 hockey though, and called the cable company everyday when he was having problems with the internet.

Gosh, I love my man. He's nuts though.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 1:30:57 AM
Author: strmrdr
don''t wanna get cooties

I developed a cooties vaccine but its in limited deployment hence there are not many guys here.
25.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 5:31:39 AM
Author: Lorelei

don't wanna get cooties

25.gif
*grin*
21.gif
11.gif
17.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/11/2009 6:00:47 AM

Date: 4/11/2009 5:31:39 AM

don''t wanna get cooties

25.gif
*grin*
21.gif
11.gif
17.gif
LOL!!!
face20.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2009 11:51:42 AM
Author: purrfectpear
They are intimidated by the wonder of DF
31.gif

Yeah, I reckon that must be it
28.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/9/2009 6:22:40 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Because we don''t have ''mafia'' games. He''s suggested it once or twice...''PS should have mafia. Then at least you''d be playing a game instead of just talking...''

WTF?!

Exactly
37.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2009 10:23:40 AM
Author: jet2ks
How come I am feeling dissed?
Well, Jet, neither your screen name, nor avatar, nor signature would let on....for one...

In my first year here, at THAT time, I did a query to find out the % of men vs women (because I was actually clueless), and then found it 80/20. Today, it might more readily be 90 +/10 - .

Jewelerman, you''re one of our professionals, right. You count...just less...

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a variety of reasons; although I think the biggest reasons are related to what Movie Zombie, Regular Guy, and Tuckins1 said.

In my case I like jewelry - and would love to find a gal who matches me and also likes good jewelry.

That did not happen (yet - I am still hopefull) and after suffering withdrawel from the breakup with D - and dealing with some other health issues - I have focused most of my attention elsewhere. Although I do lurk somewhat and do post occasionally (more so on the Around the World Forum).

I enjoyed getting together with a selection of gals several years ago at a Chicago Gemshow; but attendance at those seems to have gone down. I went to the last one by myself as no one else seems to have been able to make it - and I am headed to the Milwaukee one (April 24-26) as well. Colored gemstones and other items are fascinating...

In the end it all boils down to what holds our interest. For now that deals more with larger issues of the day instead of jewelry. I imagine I will always follow PS somewhat; but I don''t see myself engaging myself in as many threads as I used to. Should I find the right gal - who is interested in doing interesting things with jewelry - I am sure I will return to a more active status.

Until then - I wish all of you the best; and wish PS a very long and properous future.

- Oh, and anyone else interested in the Milwaukee Gem & Jewelry Show? (I do think I will start another thread).

Perry

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We miss you Perry - always good to hear from you!
35.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 10:15:38 AM
35.gif
ditto that!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/11/2009 10:11:44 AM
Author: perry
Colored gemstones and other items are fascinating...
However, I don''t remember seeing you at the Coloured Stoned board
2.gif
Come and join us (or perhaps I haven''t been reading the board as much!).

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... I''m not sure if I''d stick around either after I pop the question. But I''d probably drop by every now and then...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2009 10:16:48 AM
Author: Regular Guy

Date: 4/11/2009 10:15:38 AM
35.gif
ditto that!
Thritto!!! How are you Perry, what''s new??
35.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh:

How nice to hear from you.

I''ve had some struggle lately, and decided that I needed to decafinate myself and de-energy stuff myself too. That way I can deal with my other issues and know how I am responding to foods I eat.

My last caffeine was about 2 weeks ago - my last "non caffeine" energy drink (gensing, vitamins, etc) was a week ago.

Lets just say that I''ve been rather tired when I get home (and after I finish my swimming on M,W, & F).

But it is paying off. I had more energy today (sat 18th) than I have had in a while. Although I had to cut a trip down to Milwaukee off before I had finished everything I had wanted to do today.

I am sure I will get better slowly - and am looking to returning to normal energy (and other things) as the summer progresses.

Have a great week. I will.

Perry

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lady_Disdain

Concerning the colored gemstone forum. I believe my post were before you time; but they are there.

How many people remember my post on my trip to the Vaults of Palagems.... and the Demantoild I purchased.

Perry

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Probably for the same reason I don''t hang out on any spitting/crotch-clutching/ESPN/PS3/golfing/fishing/cars/trucks/motorcycles/football/basketball/baseball/hockey forums!!!! *BOR-ING*!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Or could just too much estrogen in one place for them!!!

Eh... most guys really are just here to GET. THE. RING. and gettout!!! Every now and then some of ''em will come back for an anniversary present or a push present, and it''s always fun to *see" them again and catch up, but then they''re gone again.

I will admit, though, that the few regular male posters that we have here really do add A LOT to the forum, and are some of my faves! (Really!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 11:24:41 PM
Author: Lynn B
Probably for the same reason I don''t hang out on any spitting/crotch-clutching/ESPN/PS3/golfing/fishing/cars/trucks/motorcycles/football/basketball/baseball/hockey forums!!!! *BOR-ING*!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Or could just too much estrogen in one place for them!!!

Eh... most guys really are just here to GET. THE. RING. and gettout!!! Every now and then some of ''em will come back for an anniversary present or a push present, and it''s always fun to *see'' them again and catch up, but then they''re gone again.

I will admit, though, that the few regular male posters that we have here really do add A LOT to the forum, and are some of my faves! (Really!)
We would be lost without our regular guys. They make this a better place for sure... Plus it''s always great to have the male perspective. I wish more would stick around. But our guys, rock!!!! And you know who you are!!!!
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m on a very male dominated forum, and the joke around there is that any woman who sticks around that place clearly has major issues. Wonder if the same could be said for men running around a very female dominated forum.
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2009 11:47:59 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
I''m on a very male dominated forum, and the joke around there is that any woman who sticks around that place clearly has major issues. Wonder if the same could be said for men running around a very female dominated forum.
3.gif
yeah,there''re a few of them nuts on PS too.
2.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Well, they don''t enjoy looking at sparkles as we do
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results