shape
carat
color
clarity

We found a place to rent.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to thank everyone again for their suggestions about where to live. We are now the proud new soon to occupants of a darling brick colonial with white picket fence in Arlington right off the highway.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sounds beautiful!
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 7:57:52 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Sounds beautiful!
1.gif

It does sound beautiful! Any chance of pictures??

RLG

Shiny_Rock
They took the listing off the website. If I drive by there again before I go I will snap a couple.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! I hope you post pics. When''s the move in date? (you dont'' have to answer that) Hope it''s manageable for you!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay that''s great news! Congrats!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Yay! What neighborhood in Arlington? I used to live in Clarendon/Courthouse.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
I am not sure of the exact name but it is quite close to shirlington and north of bailey''s cross roads.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
yay! You''re going to love Arlington...it''s a great place to live.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great area - Shirlington is so much fun & has a great indie movie theater.

You have to have dinner at the Carlyle - it''s one of the best restaurants there in Shirlington. Congrats!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Thats great! We are looking for a place to rent, and I know how hard it''s to find the prefect one, congratulations and enjoy it
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am never in Arlington, but I was there today (technically it has become Saturday here, but it still feels like Friday). My daughter and I drove by the Pentagon and on Army Navy Drive and then went to the big mall (The Fashion Center at Pentagon City) to have a necklace of hers repaired. I was thinking of RLG and her apartment search and whether Arlington would look like a good place to live and whether I would see anything noteworthy the entire time I was on the street. I mean, I know that I have a responsibility to fellow Pricescopers and I don't forget it when the chips are down ;-).

AGBF
34.gif

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 12:33:55 AM
Author: gaby06
Thats great! We are looking for a place to rent, and I know how hard it''s to find the prefect one, congratulations and enjoy it
36.gif

Good luck. With a few helpings of extra luck if it is in a bigger city. I started out with craigslist, which had a few great places but really hit the jackpot when I figured out how to access property managment companies and realtors rental listings. They ended up being cheaper and in better condistion than the houses on Craigslist.

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 10:01:11 PM
Author: vespergirl
That''s a great area - Shirlington is so much fun & has a great indie movie theater.

You have to have dinner at the Carlyle - it''s one of the best restaurants there in Shirlington. Congrats!
Thank you for the suggestion. I love going out to eat, mainly due to my lack of interest
20.gif
in cleaning up the kitchen after I make a mess. If you have any others I would appreciate it. Any chance you would be up for a trip to tiny jewel box at the end of may?

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 12:44:25 AM
Author: AGBF

I am never in Arlington, but I was there today (technically it has become Saturday here, but it still feels like Friday). My daughter and I drove by the Pentagon and on Army Navy Drive and then went to the big mall (The Fashion Center at Pentagon City) to have a necklace of hers repaired. I was thinking of RLG and her apartment search and whether Arlington would look like a good place to live and whether I would see anything noteworthy the entire time I was on the street. I mean, I know that I have a responsibility to fellow Pricescopers and I don't forget it when the chips are down ;-).

AGBF
34.gif
AGBF- Thank you so much for thinking of me. Truely it was very kind of you and I'm pretty touched how caring people are on PS. It is constantly on display here and my FI wonders why even though we bought my rings already I keep coming back.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 10:29:05 AM
Author: RLG

Thank you for the suggestion. I love going out to eat, mainly due to my lack of interest
20.gif
in cleaning up the kitchen after I make a mess. If you have any others I would appreciate it. Any chance you would be up for a trip to tiny jewel box at the end of may?
Sure thing! We are going on vacation in mid-May, but I think we''re back by the 20th. Just post a shout-out here in Hangout & let me know when you want to go. I''m still dying to go look at their John Hardy stuff ...

I moved away from Arlington about 4 years ago (I''m in Reston now) but a really great restaurant in the Ballston area of Arlington is Willow - I highly recommend it. I will try to think of some others ... Carlyle is still my favorite though :)

RLG

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 2:32:14 PM

Date: 4/18/2009 10:29:05 AM
Author: RLG

That's a great area - Shirlington is so much fun & has a great indie movie theater.

You have to have dinner at the Carlyle - it's one of the best restaurants there in Shirlington. Congrats!
20.gif
Sure thing! We are going on vacation in mid-May, but I think we're back by the 20th. Just post a shout-out here in Hangout & let me know when you want to go. I'm still dying to go look at their John Hardy stuff ...

I moved away from Arlington about 4 years ago (I'm in Reston now) but a really great restaurant in the Ballston area of Arlington is Willow - I highly recommend it. I will try to think of some others ... Carlyle is still my favorite though :)
Awesome. I am really excited, both for the food and the tiny jewel box. Thanks.

Here's a picture of our new darling house.

newhouse22 (Small).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results