shape
carat
color
clarity

Veils

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little bit of a wedding planning moron, but --
I ordered a veil from the same place I ordered my dress. When I tried all the veils on they had little hair combs attached to affix them to the head.

When my veil arrives, will it have a hair comb attached? Or do I need to provide this part? If so, do I do it myself? Have a professional do it? What kind of professional? Should it be a comb? Or is there something better, like a tiara or barrette or something else?

I can''t believe I don''t know these things...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, I feel your pain. I''m a total planning dunce. I thought that dresses came with bustles already done...

The veil should have combs attached.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Thankfully, the veil should have a comb attached.
Not a moronic question at all ... you never know with this mercenary bridal industry ... they seem to look for every opportunity to gauge the bride, right?

Glad you were able to find a veil you love ... I''m still working on it!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for answering all my questions today, Hudson Hawk. That''s a huge relief - I really didn''t want to start worrying about how to attach a comb to the veil...
2.gif

Thanks, Sparkalicious! I know - I couldn''t believe how much the veil itself cost. It''s made of, like, nothing! I''m just hoping the color of the veil is ok with the color of the dress.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Haha when I was trying on dresses this weekend, they handed me a veil to try on. When I took it back off, I look at the price tag, and it said $95. And this was at Brides for Breast Cancer - discounts and all! Whew. Haha I laughed because it was 2 pieces of tulle I could go get at WalMart, haha if I knew how to make it look pretty and attached it bunched up to a comb!!
3.gif

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 2:39:49 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Haha when I was trying on dresses this weekend, they handed me a veil to try on. When I took it back off, I look at the price tag, and it said $95. And this was at Brides for Breast Cancer - discounts and all! Whew. Haha I laughed because it was 2 pieces of tulle I could go get at WalMart, haha if I knew how to make it look pretty and attached it bunched up to a comb!!
3.gif

luvthemstrawberries, I nearly DIED when the sales associate told me that the manila veil that I was trying on with my dress was "nine ninety five". As in $995!!!!! A thousand bucks, for a piece of tulle, with a lace border!!!!

Granted, this was in a large NYC shop - but still!

Thankfully, my uncle''s wonderful new bride is generously lending me her veil for my wedding! "Nine ninety five" my....!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results