shape
carat
color
clarity

Veil over face or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to decide what to do with my veil. I haven't bought one yet, but I can't decide what to look for. Part of me really loves the idea of having the veil over my face while walking down the aisle and then having my dad pull it back at the end. I love the tradition of it and think its very romantic. I have tried of a few on and can absolutly see through it and I feel like my FI will be able to see my face and everything. Does anyone have any Pros and/or Cons for the veil in the face or always pulled back? Thanks!

Oh, here is my dress if that helps!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
I think it totally depends on what you love. Do the blusher over your face! There are no real pros and cons, it''s just whatever appeals to you personally.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
I never thought I would wear a blusher, but to my surprise it looks amazing with my veil and dress. It is really romantic, and depending on the veil you choose I think it could look spectacular. Because the dress is so detailed, I would go with a simpler veil. Just my opinion.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
I love the blusher.... kind of old school in a great way. Funny thing though that when I told FI that my dad would turn the blusher, he said "NO WAY.... I WANT TO DO IT!" Its romantic!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I think blusher is great, but I also think it depends on the hairstyle. Some hairstyles look better with the veil underneath it, and then where would the blusher go?

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Although I love the tradition and romance of lifting the blusher, I''m going to wear my veil behind me because the lighting is fairly dim in my church and I want the photographer to be able to capture my expression as I''m walking with my dad toward my fiance! Just another thing to consider, it might not even matter for your venue.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not going to wear it for two reasons. 1. I don''t like a lot of pouf to a veil and adding a blusher made me feel a bit like a poodle. and 2. Mr. Redfaery is so nervous about messing up the flip over that he has requested that I not have one. lol. I think I might have done one anyways if I hadn''t fallen in love with the veil I did. If I had gotten one of those super shear ones that you can put over your face as all in one piece then I would have loved it because I think they''re romantic too. Oh well. Just one thing I don''t have to worry about I guess.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock
I think they can look great, but I decided against it for a couple reasons.

First of all, my veil was made out of silk tulle to match the skirt of my dress, not regular netting, and it was more opaque. It would have completely obscured my face, and I don''t think I would have been able to see through it.

Secondly, I am always bothered when the father or the groom flips it over and doesn''t leave the veil straightened out in the back. It almost never seems to be positioned correctly after they flip it over your head. I probably wouldn''t have even noticed that day, but it would have bothered me afterwards in the pictures! I would say that if you decide to do it, practice a little with whoever will be flipping it back over your head, or have the maid of honor on veil watch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results