shape
carat
color
clarity

Valentine's Day

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1359819828|3370466 said:
H I don't think I replied yet but it looks amazing!!!! The reasons are hard to come up with...I had a hard time already with SO's birthday and I only did half the amount you did!

It IS a lot harder than you'd think. I had to surf around for some inspiration when it came to that, too. I mean, in your head, you have soooo many reasons why.... but then you go to write them down, and it's difficult.

For our one year, I was going to do a "365 reasons" theme... not quite a book, but something. Good lord, I started a list and I think I made it to 90. At that point, the idea was scrapped. :lol:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
MBKRH - I LOVE it!!! It is sooo cute and romantic!!! I want to make one too now!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, MBKRH! Impressive crafting, it must have taken you EONS to complete!

I am completely dragging my feet Valentines-wise. OOPS.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, my '52 Reasons' book is almost done.

I didnt realize how much work this was. lol. I love scrapbooking but playing cards are sort of slippery and hard to work with. I am aiming for tears.

photo__2__3.jpg

photo_121.jpg

The back...
photo__3__3.jpg

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Antique, it's gorgeous! You did an awesome job! I love it :)

Chewy, it certainly felt like eons! Lol!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MB, you totally inspired me! :bigsmile:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, dont thank me, thank Pinterest! Lol. I cant wait to see your final product. You better post pictures!

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
It's about done but I will take a pic once I get it all done and put together. :bigsmile:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1360265036|3374572 said:
It's about done but I will take a pic once I get it all done and put together. :bigsmile:

:appl: Yay, I can't wait! :appl:

I'm getting pretty excited for V-day to give M his gift. We were talking the other night, and he's so bummed 'cause he doesn't know what to get me (and money is an issue, natch....) and I told him there isn't anything I want... I'll be happy with just a card. I said "Don't get super excited, I made your gift." And he goes "Sweetheart, I told you that the blanket you made me was my favorite Christmas present. So no matter what you made me, I will love it because you created it." 1.........2............3...........

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :love:

lol

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
I made five of my friends Valentines last night! :appl: ~HIGH FIVES SELF~

I got the idea online (where all ideas are born, right) - red/pink/gold mailing tubes with little pennant banners of hearts, sequins and pom poms attached to the end cap so they unfurl when you open them. I also put heart confetti and candy bars inside each one. I forgot to take a picture! Maybe I'll post one if they make it through the mail in one piece! I'm a bit nervous about the tape lifting and the end caps popping off.

Today I bought angostura bitters for SO's present, and I'll wake up early on Thursday to fix a nice breakfast. SO asked me to remind him about Valentines Day the day before. Ahh, romance. :love:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Supposed to be 79 on Saturday, when we might pick up some fried chicken and go on a picnic.

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
JulieN|1360661229|3378168 said:
Supposed to be 79 on Saturday, when we might pick up some fried chicken and go on a picnic.

That sounds like the perfect way to celebrate Valentine's Day! I'm super jealous of your warm weather!! :mad: :lol:

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I'm picking up Thai food that the hubs has called and paid for and then we're going home to have some lovely time together. I made him an 'I love you because' frame and I love how it turned out! :D Can't wait to give it to him and just curl up on the couch and watch a movie while we enjoy some lemongrass soup and whatever entrees he choose for us :love:

i_love_you_because_frame.jpg

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
StacylikesSparkles - That is so sweet!

SO got me a potted succulent (he painted the pot pink), and I gave him his bitters. I made breakfast for dinner - I couldn't handle breakfast for breakfast at 6 am!, and that was Valentines Day! All of my friends packages arrived on time and in one piece, they were all surprised, it made my day even more fun.

I don't want to take my heart decorations down.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
StacylikeSparkles:
Aw yay! I made my SO one of those last year!

Except after a while, it started getting sillier... and sillier... and sillier.

It started off with nice things, like "you are the most thoughtful man a woman could ask for" and "you make me happy" and "you're the sweetest." After a while, they turned into things like "because of reasons," "because U R hottz," "because I have to," and "penis."

After several months of silliness, it culminated in this:
fullscreen_capture_2142013_55416_pm.jpg

(at which point he said, "hey, what kind of monster do you think I am?!")

We don't have it anymore because doggy knocked it off the desk and broke it, but he enjoyed the gift while it lasted.

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Chewbacca|1360876428|3380228 said:
StacylikesSparkles - That is so sweet!

SO got me a potted succulent (he painted the pot pink), and I gave him his bitters. I made breakfast for dinner - I couldn't handle breakfast for breakfast at 6 am!, and that was Valentines Day! All of my friends packages arrived on time and in one piece, they were all surprised, it made my day even more fun.

I don't want to take my heart decorations down.

LOVE that he painted the pot pink for you! :)

Cygnet - That is hilarious!! :) I love it!! :D

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
cygnet,

Where did you get the octopus? (And one with "ears", no less!)

liz

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Haha thanks guys. It's our catopus! Or octopussy. I got it at a toy store in Seattle called Schmancy (it's next door to stores called Fancy and Nancy, haha) which sells silly toys only. You can also get them online here: http://devoutdolls.com/octobabies.htm

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
cygnet,

Oh, no! (Although I'm pretty sure I can resist octopuses better than I can resist sparkly antique diamond rings.) Those are really cute.

Hmmm. Might make an interesting ring holder. I'm particularly fond of purple.

liz

teacup

Rough_Rock
cygnet|1360893677|3380429 said:
StacylikeSparkles:
Aw yay! I made my SO one of those last year!

Except after a while, it started getting sillier... and sillier... and sillier.

It started off with nice things, like "you are the most thoughtful man a woman could ask for" and "you make me happy" and "you're the sweetest." After a while, they turned into things like "because of reasons," "because U R hottz," "because I have to," and "penis."

After several months of silliness, it culminated in this:
fullscreen_capture_2142013_55416_pm.jpg

(at which point he said, "hey, what kind of monster do you think I am?!")

We don't have it anymore because doggy knocked it off the desk and broke it, but he enjoyed the gift while it lasted.

Oh, this is just fabulous. I think you've just helped me decide on next year's present! I kind of failed this year. I was going to make SO a really nice dinner, but we were both exhausted by the time I got home from class. We ended up taking a ridiculously long nap and having ice cream and wine for dinner. :lol: BUT it was still awesome because joint nap time is one of my favorite things ever.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I hope everyone had a good vday/weekend!!! cygnet that last phrase on your dry erase board....too freaking hilarious!! I can't stop laughing at it.

Anyone care to share what they received for vday from their SO? I got a beautiful infinity necklace...S said he has no idea what it is and I really don't care to figure whether it's cz or diamond, but it sparkles like crazy and I love it because he picked it out all on his own ::)

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
M got me two clips for my pandora bracelet.

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Well done on recieving Valentines jewellery pandabee and MBKRH!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, thanks. It's become M's go-to gift for me, which I'm fine with. Gotta fill up my bracelet 8-)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1361324352|3384931 said:
Awww, thanks. It's become M's go-to gift for me, which I'm fine with. Gotta fill up my bracelet 8-)

Post a pic of your bracelet! ;))

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee|1361324871|3384941 said:
MBKRH|1361324352|3384931 said:

Post a pic of your bracelet! ;))
my_bracelet.jpg

I tried to get a good shot of all the charms, so I just rotated the bracelet 90 degrees for each pic.

The big silver round ones with the stars are the new clips. They keep the charms from shifting all around the bracelet.

ETA- sorry it's so dark! My countertop was reflecting the overhead lights, so I thought putting black under the bracelet would help. I couldn't use the flash because it washed everything out, being so close up.

Sorry about that, ladies!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
He bought me a tapestry for my sewing room a day or two before V-day-- it wasn't really an official v-day gift or anything but I think it counts. And then we had our huge Valentines/Middle Earth costume murder mystery dinner party on Saturday, which turned out amazing...

A few days before V-day we were in the car listening to the radio together and the radio dudes were talking about average amounts men spend on V-day gifts (apparently men spend more on average if they're trying to get laid... surprise surprise) and after some dude called in and said he spent $500 on V-day gifts this year, SO turned to me and was like... I hope you're not expecting that since we just put down $xx,xxx on a ring for you! I just laughed-- I don't expect that stuff anyway since we're not too big on hallmark holidays. I usually make him a nice dinner or something but we've never done big v-day gifts. I'd be a little overwhelmed/kind of annoyed if he spent $500 on me for valentine's day!

EDIT: tapestry
It's over 4ft wide. Whee!

imag1635.jpg
imag1638.jpg
imag1637.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Average is $500? Wow. SO didn't get me $hit.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
madelise|1361335416|3385068 said:
Average is $500? Wow. SO didn't get me $hit.

Nooooo, just that one guy who called spent $500. He said it was a brand new relationship and he bought her a diamond necklace, box of chocolates, two dozen roses and was going to spend $200 on a fancy dinner out. Apparently the couple hadn't had sex yet and he was really hoping that all that would convince her.....that's totally not slimy at all :roll:

I think they said the national average was like $100-$150 or something. That includes dinner out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results