shape
carat
color
clarity

Use Apricot Kernel Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I had a makeup artist tell me today one of her favorite "secrets" was rubbing her face and neck with
the oil, letting it soak in for about 30 minutes and then rinse off. She does this is the morning and sometimes at night also.

Anyone else know of this?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what is it supposed to do? I assume moisturize...but since you rinse it?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
She said it is full of vitamins and is great for aging skin.
Helps to keep a dewy look.
I''ll try anything!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2007 8:16:02 PM
Author: Ann

I''ll try anything!!

Hey Ann - I think we''re in the same age group. I just received a little sampler packet in the mail from L''Occitane. It included the Shea Butter 24 hours Ultra Rich Face Cream and the Ultra Rich Eye Balm with 5% shea butter. This morning I tried both of them and WOW - I may have to go get some. The eye balm is fantastic and even though the face cream seemed a little "thick" going on, it has left my face feeling dewy all day. Another thing that I have recently discovered is to forget the powder - that made a HUGE difference.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
have any of you used kinerase?

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Ann,

Apricot Kernel Oil is wonderful for moisturizing! I slather my face and whole body with it at night and wake up with baby soft skin. I haven''t thought to use it in the morning, then rinse off. It doesn''t clog pores and it almost seems to tone the skin a bit, too.

Another oil that I like using on my face (especially around eyes) is Rosa Mosqueta oil (Rose Hip Oil). It contains Vitamin C and tons of antioxidants. I believe the brand I use is Aubrey.

Both of these oils are available at Whole Foods for pennies compared to expensive creams.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/3/2007 12:07:14 AM
Author: crown1
have any of you used kinerase?

I haven''t tried that one, crown1, have you? I checked out their website & saw alot of products. Do you use a particular one?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Giada. Glad to hear she wasn''t just filling me with BS. I am always so leary of makeup sales. She told me not to be afraid because it was an "oil". Sha also said it could be tissued off. But I will rinse and then cleanse.

I have used some of L''Occitanes products in the past, especially the shea butter, loved it, but it is too
expensive to use so liberally all over your body. I love their shower/bath products. In fact I travel with them.

The Kinerase I have heard is great. Brad Pitt and Jen I read ordered it by the case! I did use one of their products
in a sample once, a face lotion, nice but nothing I thought I had to have.

I am off to find the oils. She also said to look into coconut oil for a body moisturizer. She said it does''nt
smell like what you''d think - like sunscreen.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
my dermatologist recommends it. she gave me a sample pouch with 5 items. i have not tried it yet. i wanted to get some opinions before i used it. i have very sensitive skin and she advised me to test a small patch first.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Consumer reports did a study & Olay Regenerist performed better than any high priced lotion for anti-aging. Glad that''s what i use & dont'' spend too much. Although I like the idea of using an oil & finding it at whole foods or wild oats for pennies. Sometimes I tire of using the same products day in and day out. I just noticed our organic market carries almond oil & I can fill my own container for $.89 cents. (and its ten times the size of the little Creative Nail Solar oil bottles they sell for much more at the beauty store. Same stuff too). Good thing, my cuticles are ravaged.

I could not imagine putting an oil on and then actually washing it off 30 mins later? Who has time for that? Even before kids, I would sleep until the last possible minute before having to go to work.

Nowadays I''m thrilled with myself if I remember to floss. I''m all about fast, effiecient, and uncomplicated beauty.

Jeannine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results