shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrading my diamond, where? how? help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

La Ina

Rough_Rock
My husband and I are thinking of upgrading my diamond as my birthday present
appl.gif
. He purchased it at MONDERA about 2 years ago. However, I thought MONDERA would do the upgrading, unfortunately they don''t
8.gif
. We were very dissapointed when we found out about their policy
angryfire.gif
. I have a RB .85 ct set on a tiffany 6 prongs style (18K gold), VVS2, G, and GIA certified and we also had it appraised by the certified Gemologist two years ago. So everything is pretty much prepared just in case we wanted to upgrade someday.

My question is, I have been reading this forum and got some good info(s), however, I still have no clue as to how I can upgrade my diamond. I live in Atlanta, GA, if that would help in finding jeweler who help me upgrading my diamond.
1.gif

I would really appreciate it if someone could reply to my posting.

Thanks in advance.

La Ina

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I would just be careful that you don't get undercut on what the value of your diamond is worth. I'd shop it around, and possibly consider consignment. If you can get more cash for it through selling to someone else, I'd do that before trading it in. Just because that one jeweler has a value for you, doesn't mean it is the best.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why not just set it into a necklace and hang on to it?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/30/2004 5:32:20 PM ame wrote:

Why not just set it into a necklace and hang on to it?----------------

Yes! I second this motion! You're most likely to get back only a fraction of what you originally paid for your .85 and it would make a fabulous pendant and you still can enjoy it and the meaning it carries for years to come
2.gif

Michelle

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent Idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results