shape
carat
color
clarity

Two-piece BM dresses

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
If you are to raise your arms while wearing a two-piece bm dress, would skin show? Does it matter if you are heavier? My girls are wearing Alfred Angleo and one of them questioned this, making the two-piece idea SO not as cool as I originally thought.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2007 8:30:43 PM
Author:So_happy
If you are to raise your arms while wearing a two-piece bm dress, would skin show? Does it matter if you are heavier? My girls are wearing Alfred Angleo and one of them questioned this, making the two-piece idea SO not as cool as I originally thought.
In my experience, no, skin has never shown. I am a big fan of the 2 piece dresses!!! That goes for skinny people or not skinny people!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think it would matter how well it fit and how long the top was. If it was a bit tight and shorter, I imagine it would be a problem. Good thing to check during try-ons.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I had a 2-piece prom dress my senior year in high school and the skirt fit up on my natural waist and the top came down to a dropped waist, so ther was no way any skin was showing. Plus, since most of the tops don''t have sleeves, it shouldn''t even move at all.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
My sister used 2-piece dresses and I was a BM....they looked great on all of us and we all had different body types!!!

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Like Robbie said, when formal type dresses are two-piece normally they have a higher waist on the bottom and a little longer top so I don''t think there should be any problem. I have worn two-piece formals before and don''t recall ever feeling my belly hanging out
41.gif

As for different body shapes, as long as the dresses are altered to fit properly I think they often look even better on most ppl because they define a waist whereas most dress just kinda hang -- Just my .02

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, guys...great! I will reassure my bm that as long as the skirt starts higher and the top comes down a bit lower that she should be covered...literally.

I couldn''t imagine that, if belly did show in the 2-piece numbers, any of the separates lines lasting as long as they have lol.

Robbie makes a good point as well......if no sleeves then why would they move at all?

I''ve never worn a 2 piece dress before so forgive my naivete!!!!

THank you for your responses :)

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
The only time I have EVER seen the skin show was at my best friend wedding this past January. Her husband''s neice is 13 and is about a size 0, but 5''9". Originally, it did not show skin, but when it was altered (had to have the straps altered), it showed some skin. However, the skin only showed really when she lifted up her arms and she tried not to do that.

I am very pro two pieces due to alterations BM will have to have and they just generally look better on people as a whole.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 8:32:20 AM
Author: Liquiddazi
The only time I have EVER seen the skin show was at my best friend wedding this past January. Her husband''s neice is 13 and is about a size 0, but 5''9''. Originally, it did not show skin, but when it was altered (had to have the straps altered), it showed some skin. However, the skin only showed really when she lifted up her arms and she tried not to do that.

I am very pro two pieces due to alterations BM will have to have and they just generally look better on people as a whole.
32.gif
This is what I''m worried about! And it happened to your husband''s niece? Can you help me understand why only AFTER alterations her skin showed?? Poor girl!! I do not want my BMs to go thru that
7.gif
I want them to dance and move thier arms if they want to

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Even without sleeves, the top will still rise when you lift your arms. Chest muscles are connected to shoulder muscles, so if your shoulder goes up at all, you can bet your top will too (assuming it is sitting on your chest)! I think you should be fine as long as there''s a sufficient overlap.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results