shape
carat
color
clarity

Two of My Favorite Estate Buys

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday I got inspired to take photos of some stones waiting for setting till the gold bubble pops -- including the 2 tiny beautiful rectangular indicolites I bought recently from Ed Bristol, which will be side stones with my green cushion from him last year. Pics didn't come out well but I also threw in a couple of things I love, both from an estate jeweler in Conn. about 10 yrs ago. I'll never part with either one.

Bracelet is 18K rose gold, probably from the 50s. It is heavy -- wish I had a gram scale out of curiosity. Hand-braided, according to a jeweler friend. Though it doesn't have gems, I think it's my favorite piece of jewelry I own. 20 mm wide.

This little fellow charms me. He's 14K, with a roughed-up surface to make him sparkle, & emerald eyes. About 2 1/2" long.

bracelet.jpg

wrist.jpg

Good Buddy2.jpg

Good Buddy.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, wow, wow! Great finds both, although I'm especially in love with the bracelet. :love:

You do know that you can get a little kitchen scale for less than $15, right? :naughty: It won't be all that precise - it'll round to the nearest gram - but you'll at least have some idea (and it can come in handy in the kitchen too - or if you're a knitter, in the craft room :wink2: ).

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those are amazing pieces. I love the bracelet - very well made, very wearable and stunning

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Those are gorgeous pieces JF! :love:

Love the elegance of the bracelet and the whimsy of Mr Lizard. :bigsmile:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty|1315081699|3009195 said:
Wow, wow, wow! Great finds both, although I'm especially in love with the bracelet. :love:

You do know that you can get a little kitchen scale for less than $15, right? :naughty: It won't be all that precise - it'll round to the nearest gram - but you'll at least have some idea (and it can come in handy in the kitchen too - or if you're a knitter, in the craft room :wink2: ).

Agree, I've even seen some very precise ones on amazon for that price :) I've been tempted to order one myself.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
oh my! I can see why you love them :love: The bracelet is lovely and what a statement piece, I bet that gets the compliments! And your little buddy is adorable!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
bracelet is very elegant !

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I love that lizard and the bracelet looks lovely on you. Very cool, good share! :bigsmile:

April20

Ideal_Rock
Both pieces are wonderful, but I especially love the lizard. I have such a soft spot for quirky pj Ed like that!

And I third the idea of a kitchen scale to get gram weight. Target makes a nice digital one that is not very expensive.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-your bracelet is stunning and I love the lizard, too! Thanks for sharing!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow- love that bracelet!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh nice loot! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Love the lizard - what a great piece.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pieces, Laurie!

I've been looking at estate places and auctions. Fun!

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I especially love the bracelet. Thank you for sharing.

Sparklee

Rough_Rock
The lizard is adorable!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results