shape
carat
color
clarity

Trading a ring?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I have a really pretty sapphire/diamond 18K white gold ring. I just don't wear it. I was looking to trade for it another colored stone ring I WOULD wear at about the same value. If anyone has one listed to sell and like mine, I would be happy to trade-obviously through loupe troop or such. Is that too weird? I kind of think it's a good idea, but haven't seen that anyone else has done it. Maybe it's a no-no?

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I've done private trades with people I trust, but if you list a "want to trade" on Loupe Troop you have no recourse if the person you trade with doesn't send you the item or it's not as advertised. At lease with a paypal sale you can dispute it if the item isn't as advertised.

I wish there was a safe way to do it.

Maybe list is for sale OR trade on LT and see what kind of a response you get.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorluvr|1462203187|4026153 said:
I've done private trades with people I trust, but if you list a "want to trade" on Loupe Troop you have no recourse if the person you trade with doesn't send you the item or it's not as advertised. At lease with a paypal sale you can dispute it if the item isn't as advertised.

I should try that, thanks. How did you go about a private trade with trustworthy people?

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
soxfan|1462204165|4026156 said:
colorluvr|1462203187|4026153 said:

I should try that, thanks. How did you go about a private trade with trustworthy people?

It was someone I had bought from before and they had bought from me before so we'd already set up a level of trust. We emailed back and forth and exchanged photos and then mailed each other the item. In my case it was actually a colored stone swap.

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi Soxfan,

I was admiring your ring for a long time now, but we are buying our first house so new jewelry didn't seem possible... but I would love to trade if I have anything you might like...

I have a very beautiful maleya garnet ring that I never wear... the color never worked with my skin. I'll russle up a picture if you are interested!

eta: Found a picture! If you don't like it I'll see if I have anything else you might like.

file_3.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's pretty!!! :love: what are the specs?

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It was purchased from a pricescope member so I'm going off her information. She said it was cut by Barry Bridgestock and is a supernova cut and an imperial (malaya) garnet. The stone measures 9x7 is 2.54 cts and is in an 18k rose gold setting. Unfortunately I don't remember the ring size... which shows how much I wear it. Not because it's not beautiful. It is such a beautiful ring and color but it turns out my skin tone hates rose gold!

Here are more pictures of it when it was unset (from the person I purchased it from).

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-stone-new-pics-barry-supernova-imperial-malaya-garnet.161436/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-stone-new-pics-barry-supernova-imperial-malaya-garnet.161436/[/URL]

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it either way. Would go just fine with my skin tone!

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is the ring! I don't know why I thought it was 18k or rose gold, I'll double check when I get home tonight. Sorry about the confusion!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kemurphy|1462225912|4026295 said:
That is the ring! I don't know why I thought it was 18k or rose gold, I'll double check when I get home tonight. Sorry about the confusion!

NO biggie at all! I would love to see more pics, I really really LOVE it!

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I just got home and you are correct, its 14k and yellow gold! Attached are pictures I took a few months back when I was going to list in on loupetroop...

I'm actually really excited about this! I really love the garnet ring but just never wore it. I am thrilled that you might love it and actually wear it! It deserves to be worn!

Do you think your ring can go up a half size? My RH is right around a 5.25-5.5.... Looking at pictures I think it wouldn't be an issue at all to size it.

Let me know what you think!

img_11637.jpg

img_11638.jpg

img_11639.jpg

img_11640.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring is a 5 and definitely can be sized. What size is the garnet ring? Sizable?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also would be interested in seeing the ring and a trade :)
I LOVE to trade!
I have no CS though, I have diamonds.

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Definitely sizable! The melee only go about half way down the shank. I don't know what size it is exactly, looking back makingthegrade said all the rings she sold were between 5.5-6....

img_11656.jpg

img_11657.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results