Votes: 1 3.0%
  • 10 I LIVE for the Oscars

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To you, how important are the Oscars?

This includes not only the rating of the films, actors and crews, but everything about and related to the Oscar show itself.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 3.

I don't watch, or give a hoot, about the show or anyone's jewels or dress.
I have not even been to a movie theater in maybe 10 years.

But when deciding what to watch on Netflix I do google up which films got awards.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never watch the awards ceremony and don't care who wins and in fact I didn't see any movies this year that were not on Netflix or Cable. So no clue about any of the films or what was nominated. However I LOVE the fashion and I love clothing and style in general. I am a Project Runway fan and watch all those shows too. So I enjoy seeing what the stars wear to the Oscars. But that's the extent of it.

ETA:So I voted choice 1. Not Important at all though after rereading your question I guess I voted incorrectly. Sorry Kenny. It's just I don't care about who gets what award.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
They are important to me in terms of fashion. I absolutely love the gowns, the accessories, the shoes, the bags...... :love:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not interested at all.
I don't go to the movies, and I am not familiar with any of the actors these days.
Gosh, I sound so old!! :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't care at all. When I was a student at USC I saw/was around lots of movie celebrities and they hold no fascination for me.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe 4? I probably won't watch it live, but I will look up the dresses and winners tomorrow. I usually try to watch all the best picture nominees (don't always get around to it!), so that might factor in a bit too.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watch every year and usually don't care who wins. I love seeing the beautiful dresses and bling!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Not at all, and I've never watched it. Coworkers always talk about the Oscars/Grammys/Emmys, etc. and I have no clue what each award ceremony is for and never know who has been nominated.

As a Netflix user I'm usually at least a year behind in my TV/movie viewing.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not very important.

DK :))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They don't even peg my indifference meter. :lol:

However being a fan of bling I do check out red carpet pictures for jewelry.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
zee-roh. I have more interest in making note of when My Cat from Hell is on again so I can get the dvr to record the series.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
The only thing I care about is how long the stupid show runs.
I'm already staying an extra 30 minutes at work because of them.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zilch, nada ... I like watching & going to movies, but I don't weigh Hollyweird's opinions into my choices.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Didn't even know the Oscars are up, so my vote would be a big fat zero, except that there's no zero in the voting poll. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1456708690|3997153 said:
Zilch, nada ... I like watching & going to movies, but I don't weigh Hollyweird's opinions into my choices.

LOL I like that. If you don't mind I will be borrowing that. Hollyweird. So true. :twirl:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I picked a 2, I'd have picked 1 but I do recognize that it is a career-defining achievement for some actors. But then again technically the Grammy is the equivalent in the music world and as a musician that plays alternative/underground music, I care about those as much as the Oscars (our world has the Golden Gods awards that generally means more to a band than a Grammy)

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hI,

I love the Academy Awards. I love movies and this gives me an idea of the best ones. Last nite there was an upset on the "best picture" award. Stoplight won, which I was hoping it would. Shine that spotlight!

I love the gowns, the dress up and the excitement. I like Chris Rock and he did a good job with the diversity issue. I didn't like the songs, but liked Lady Gaga. I'm so glad she dresses normally at these events. She looks good.

I do think its a big deal for the entertainment industry. I'm glad they televise it.

Annette

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1456738879|3997257 said:
Didn't even know the Oscars are up, so my vote would be a big fat zero, except that there's no zero in the voting poll. :lol:

If there was a zero there couldn't be a 10.

PS polls have a max of 10 choices. ;(

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty much not into any award shows. They are too long, the speeches are usually snooze fests and there are too many commercials. The only thing I like if I watch if DH has it on for any brief amount of time is celebrity sitings in the audience. If the timing is right, I look at the fashion aspect while browsing magazines at my nail salon.

Sometimes DH will check out the nominees and we'll see some of the movies before the awards show. Not this year, though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results