carat
color
clarity

Tis the season....

justginger

Ideal_Rock
......for??

KITTENS! :love:

My husband and I are keeping up with our animal fostering for a local rescue organization, and now that the warmer weather has kicked up in Australia, the kitten numbers are starting to swell. A man in the outer suburbs has a bit of a feral colony problem, and has been having to get toms trapped and put down (they're beyond rehabilitation). Thankfully he managed to catch two of the female mothers and their small litters. One was friendly, one was 'a bit hissy.' We went out to meet them and they were both fine. Frightened, but not aggressive. No hissing, no growling, they allowed us to pick up their kittens freely.

So......now the alternative feline family is in my laundry. :bigsmile: The mothers may be sisters, or it's possible one is the mother of the other. Regardless, I didn't want to split them up. The two litters of kittens move freely between them, with each mother nursing, cleaning, and reprimanding them all. They're so cute, always all curled up together. The litters are small, as is expected when they're delivered in the wild. The older litter is two, I think both males, around 4 weeks old. The younger litter is about 2 weeks old, and there are 4.

We try to come up with fairly unique names, as the adoption records can get very confusing over the years when you've rehomed 8 tabby cats all named Tiger. ;-) So we've deemed these the Q babies. Mother 1 is Quill, with her kittens Quince and Quip. Mother 2 is Quail, with her kittens Queso, Quaint, Qwerty, and Quirk.

The mothers have settled in to be purring machines, friendly and completely tame - obviously ex-pets that were tossed out/ran away/lost without ID. And the best news? They know how to use the litter box! :praise:

Qkitties.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is the sweetest picture!

thank you so very much for fostering cats and enabling them to go to homes.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Now that is an adorable photo!

I hope you are able to find wonderful homes for all of them.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Adorable family!

I actually just took in two kittens this weekend. They are probably around 5-6 weeks. Their mother was found maimed... dogs. They are two boys. One is black and the other is black and brown as above. My manager from job dos found them, and asked if I had room. They look like two cats we've had previously... how could I say no? They are drinking replacement milk out of saucers, they were biting the nipples off of bottles so I gave that up. I'm planning to moisten some dry food and finger feed tiny bits. They aren't quite to a balanced enough point to clean their bums, so that's my job too. Otherwise they are totally kittens. They climb my jeans and get into everything. They like to get under a blanket of mine and sleep under it. Aspen (the brown and black) plays under my bed a lot. Phantom likes to sit with me at the lap top. They like to attack feet too. Totally cute. They fit in my shoes.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how cute!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG...want (just one little one to cuddle)!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Omg. Can I come to your house? :love:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
awwww cut kitties :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO CUTE!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results