shape
carat
color
clarity

Tipping Vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
I was just listing all my payments due on the actual wedding day and DF asked me how much we tip... I have to admit that this never even crossed my mind - I mean, I know that the servers are tipped out of the added gratuity, but what about the baker, photographer, hair & makeup, etc... Do they expect it, or have they already added it in? If we should, then how much? Like I said, I actually felt kinda bad bc I had never even considered it -- What did y''all do?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know about anyone else, but I''ve always tipped the equivalent of the taxes, which are 15% here. So basically I add 15% for the taxes and then an additonal 15%.

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I assume the wait staff/site coordinator''s tip came out of the 20% service charge, so I didn''t add anymore. I did not tip my photog, baker, florist or DJ because they were the owners of the company and therefore set their own prices. I think you only really have to tip if the person you work with is an employee of the company. How much that is, I don''t know.

I would have tipped my stylist as normal, but she did my hair as a wedding gift (she was invited as a guest), so no tip there. Makeup also depends - if the person is someone working on their own, I don''t think you have to tip. If you go to a salon and they are an employee, tip as normal.

Some people tip everyone, whether they are owners or not. I just don''t do that, and frankly I don''t quite see WHY you need to tip some people, such as the baker or florist. But that''s up to you.
1.gif

sarie_j

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies girls - I realize that most ppl pad up the price when they hear the word wedding and most already include tips and gratuities, but I still didn''t want to be the ''one who didn''t tip'' if that was what was normal

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tipped hair and makeup, photog, waitstaff, entertainment...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results