shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughtful ideas to treat DH?

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Would love to get any thoughtful ideas to treat and spoil DH? I'm thinking of baking his favorite treats. Would love to hear what you do for your DHs!

thecatmom

Rough_Rock
Per my experience, perfumes, versatile pieces of clothing (jackets, neckties, dress shirts, scarves), wallets, men's jewelry (gym-proof diamond men's ring) and a nice home-cooked meal, all work pretty well :)

Hope this helps!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If I'm being nice, I just leave the other half alone, to play computer games and watch television I don't like and encourage him to order sushi, which I don't like. He eats raw fish, plays games and watches Rick and Morty and other such things.

However, I work and also do 99.5% of all the household chores, plus handle all the bills and finances, so I think he is already spoiled. :lol:

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I think the key is to try to get into your DH's mind and think of something that would be a treat for him.
My DH loves cooking and food. So sometimes on a Sunday morning I will set the table nicely (or better yet, the patio) and make his favorite herbed eggs and serve with champagne. Or if he mentions anything he liked in a restaurant, I will research and try to duplicate at home.
For bigger celebrations I book surprise trips for us. Usually just a weekend away. For his 60th I booked a really swank downtown hotel, packed his bag for him and pre-programmed the navigation in the car. I put him in the car at 2 PM and told him to go where the car told him--he didn't know where we were going until we pulled up to the hotel. He loved that! I had champagne and flowers in the room.
I have also done concert tickets with a hotel room nearby and dinner reservations.
We are older so DH values experiences and time together traveling. If he wants some material thing he can just buy it.

Depends on your stage in life to a large extent. But just think of what he loves doing and somehow surprise him with that. If he works long hours---maybe just a day to do something he really enjoys.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to buy things for my late partner that I knew he would like, usually something not very expensive yet nice to have, like kitchen or car related gadgets.

DK :))

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is he short on sleep? Mine is chronically short on sleep as he works till 5 am a lot, and often just wants to be allowed to sleep. A few hours of extra sleep in the afternoon is usually what he actually wants -- no matter how unspecial that sounds.

Alternatively were there any movies you missed, or something like the marvel Black widow TV show or a sport he follows, you can try making some popcorn or replicating a cinema experience. Alternatively maybe try organizing something on zoom, like virtual escape room with friends, or buy and network a nintendo switch, or buy a boardgame crate delivery with puzzels to solve. I think everyone is missing their families and friends and I have seen a lot of people simply buy and play old favourites like pictionary with their families over zoom.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I just bought my husband Air Pod Pros for no reason and he really likes them! Bonus fact, he now feels bad that he only bought me regular Air Pods for my birthday.
I bought myself a gift too so it’s all good.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hubby just likes time. Time to enjoy, with me & the girls. When he's around I try to just be spontaneous & fun. In the old pre-covid days, that would be a mad weekend booked to the South of France or a Yurt tucked away in woodlands, but these days it's a full on picnic in the garden or a delivery of doughnuts.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The old saying that the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach is pretty much spot on, no matter the age of the man. If you can combine that with a few relaxing days somewhere nice, you can't go wrong!

PS. I say this speaking as a man. :mrgreen2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I've noticed the happier I am, the happier he is. He always says, I just want to make you happy. So if I'm happy, he's happy! For treats and spoiling, I think planning a day together to go somewhere in nature is really romantic and enjoying new sights and of coarse delicious food together.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyday I thank him for all the things he does for our family And that I love him. He loves chocolate and I keep a stash hidden away so when he runs out I surprise him with chocolate. So simple and cheap but he loves it. He hates surprises so any trip, dinner, fete, etc would not be fun for him.

Cooking is usually a safe one, as others mentioned, but I tend to do the cooking most days anyway so I’ll revise it to cooking his favs or something that’s very time consuming or requires a lot of effort!

Surprising him with small gifts that show I listen when he’s complaining... for example a power bank when I heard him complain about his phone dying when he was on the way home.

Sentimental gifts, like letters and scrapbooks. I did “open when” letters a while ago where I wrote him like 10 or 15 letters, each of them sealed in a separate envelope marked for an occasion (eg “open when we have a fight” or “open when you’re missing me when I’m travelling” or “open when it’s your birthday”)

Also just planning things, we are both experience driven people so planning a date night that incorporates an activity that he loves, or a short trip. Something I was planning to do before the pandemic (which is now on hold for after the pandemic) was book us a short holiday without telling him, pack his bags for him, and just take him to the airport under a different pretext and let him discover for himself :D

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
The old saying that the way to a man's heart is thru his stomach is pretty much spot on, no matter the age of the man. If you can combine that with a few relaxing days somewhere nice, you can't go wrong!

PS. I say this speaking as a man. :mrgreen2:

My husband asks what’s for dinner at 5am. He says it gives him something to look forward to during the day. Lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would ask him what would he like and go from there. Unless you want to make it a surprise I find it best to be direct and then there's no question he will be thrilled with whatever you get him. Asking my DH exactly what he wants (as he does for me) has always been very successful.

Good luck and enjoy!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He likes to eat so I cook yummy meals for him. I bite my tongue a lot because he means well. When he falls asleep on the couch I cover him up. When he screws up I tell him "we'll figure it out." For father's day I am getting him an electric ice cream maker. :) He loves ice cream.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy a steak or whole chicken and tell him to go cook dinner :lol:
His birthday present last year was about 80 pounds of cooking wood ordered from Georgia. Apple, cherry, pecan, and oak. That plus a couple of nice thick steaks and he was thrilled. Good news, bad news... He LOVES the cooking wood and won't grill with anything else now.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I love to cook and feed my man....he doesn't know how blessed he is but he is not a foodie at all, I feel like I married my exact opposite. He eats for nourishment and to appease hunger only. He would be just as happy with a bag of chips and a beer vs a gourmet meal cooked by me.

My man loves sports (any sports) and music so I always get him tickets to football, baseball or basketball, or concert tickets for his birthday. For anniversaries etc, we both love stand up comedy, so I get tickets for stand-up. As for everyday spoiling, he just wants to be left alone to watch his sports, so I make sure the house is stocked with snacks and beer!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results