shape
carat
color
clarity

This might just be my dress!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I think this is my first post in the BWW board - hi hi! My lovely boyf and I got engaged back in April, and will get married at home in Ireland next July. Right now, we''re living in NY.

So anyhoo, I''ve started looking for a dress - who knew there were so many styles?! I had a session at Kleinfeld about a month ago - the girl was LOVELY, and I ended up really liking the top of one Pnina Tornai dress, and the skirt of another (Pnina) - apparently they can fuse them together to make one dress.

Well, cut to yesterday, wedding dress shopping Round Two, when I went to the Amsale salon on Madison Avenue. Ladies, I think I may have found my dress!!! (budget chat with the parents allowing...)

It''s called "Ella" and it''s just gorgeous. I''m nearly 6 ft tall, US size 6/8, with smallish boobs and bigger bum/thighs (good old Irish genes!), and this dress plays up my good bits while hiding my bad bits. And it has pockets!!! In the skirt!!! I LOVE dresses with pockets! It has a gorgeous grosgrain ribbon at the waist which trails down the skirt at the back, and I was thinking I could order more ribbon in the same/similar color and tie it round the menus/candles on the tables/something like that.

Without further ado, here it is - only a model pic - eh my arms etc are twice the size of this girl''s, and I have dark brown hair and very fair skin - but you get the message!

What do you think?!
http://www.amsale.com/bridal/bluelabel/080211/080211590.shtml

Amsale_Ella.jpg

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous Gorgeous Gorgeous. Love the detail on the bodice. Can''t wait to see pictures of you in the dress....

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! And probably very flattering with the body type you are describing (hides the tighs in any case). I think of it as a sort of modern ballgown. Can''t wait to see pictures of you in it!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!! i LOVE the lace. and the skirt fabric is DEVINE. yum. i love.

shop_girl

Rough_Rock
Its GORGEOUS!!! The lace bodice is a nice contrast to the silk/satin.
I like the fact that it has pockets- I think most of my dresses this season have pockets!

WishfulThinking

Brilliant_Rock
The lace is beeeeaauuuutiful! It''s a perfect cross between modern and romantic ballgown, and with such beautiful details.

The pockets sound divine as well- how convenient! I would love to see some pictures with you wearing it if you''re not too shy and have the opportunity. It sounds like it is a very good choice for your body type.

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Aw, thank you everyone!! I''m sitting here smiling away!

When I put this dress on, it just felt right - it felt AMAZING, and beautiful, and perfect. My friend who was with me said that I didn''t stop staring at it in the mirror! Also, she said that when I put other dresses on, she''d look up to see "CK wearing a big wedding dress", but that when she looked up to see me in this, she just saw me. I think that''s a good thing! (though I obviously do NOT dress like this all the time!) ;-)

As a side-bar, I can''t imagine what it must have been like 100+ years ago when ladies had to wear big heavy dresses in summer! It''s so hot & humid in NY right now - we were melting in sundresses and flipflops!

Anyway, thank you all for the lovely compliments on the dress! I really do love it - haven''t been able to stop thinking about it!

:)

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Modern, feminine and stylish. It''s perfect!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh I think its just lovely, and from your description it sounds like it will suit you perfectly - I bet you look way better than the model in it
9.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Love it!!

winston26

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! POCKETS? I''ve never heard of that on a wedding dress. Finally a spot to put Kleenex....or is that still not allowed?
19.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I wish we had pics of you in it! I think pockets are great! And it sounds like you feel beautiful and confident in the gown, which is the most important thing! Congrats on finding your gown (we''d love to see pics, hint, hint).

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, this dress is so pretty! Sounds like it should be very flattering. The skirt is beautiful--definitely a "modern ball gown," like a previous poster commented.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous! Love it!

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! The shop that I went to - the Amsale shop - doesn''t allow you to take photos in the dresses. I did ask, because I loved it! Plus, my mum is back in Ireland, and I would love to show her me in the dress, rather than a blonde model...
BUT! I will deffo try and get a shot in the dress (go back and try it on, and sneak a photo when the SA is out of the room?!) and post it here.

Winston, yes, the pockets are so cool- you don''t notice them if your hands aren''t in them, because of the draping of the skirt, but it''s so cool to put your hands in and swish-swoosh-swish the skirt around, haha! I think it would be a cute place to put little good luck tokens too - lucky sixpence etc.

Thanks for all your kind words!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I like it VERY much. To me it looks very modern looking without being too trendy. I feel like it could fit in any venue too: a church, a garden, a ballroom, anywhere.

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo that dress is LOVELY! I love the contrast between the top and the bottom and the back of the dress. I don''t think I''ve seen a dress quite like that one.
30.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW-what a stunning dress. It sounds like it will be fab on you!

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is LOVELY! I adore it and I''m sure you will look beautiful in it. Make sure to post some pics when you can sneak some so we can drool over it some more!

irenehaze

Rough_Rock
WOW. I had kind of moved away from the idea of a white wedding dress, but this dress is PERFECT. Beautiful.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
very unique! pockets are so cool!

I am just wondering why the model looks like she is bending backwards...

FoxyBride

Rough_Rock
I saw a dress online today with pockets and I realized just then how much I loved pockets and how awesome it would be to have some on my wedding dress and still look good... and this definitely still looks good. Great find!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I love your dress!!!!! It is one the most stunning dresses I''ve ever seen.

PLease feel free NOT to answer this, but may I ask how much it is? The only reason I ask, is that I would love to copy you and get that dress as well. I tried searching online for a price with no luck. Please feel free to pm me or just not answer.
The other dresses I tend to like our Carolina Herrera and Monique Lhuiller, which are both so pricey!

Congratulations on finding your dress! and thanks for posting it, b/c now I''m in love!

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to pop in and say I
30.gif
it!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I think it is gorgeous! When is your wedding? I want to see pics!!!! Really elegant!

CKinNYC

Shiny_Rock
Ah, just checked in on this board again, and saw your replies - thanks for the kind words!

Also, an update - Amsale is having a trunk show at Kleinfelds right now - so I''m going along with my best friend tomorrow! :)) So excited! I will take my camera along and try to sneak a photo, but Kleinfeld''s policy is absolutely no photos, so we''re going to have to be tricksy little hobbits... ;-) Either way, I''ll let you know how it goes.

iluvcarats, my wedding is going to be at home in Ireland on Saturday July 4th 09. The countdown begins! I live in New York right now, as of last year, but grew up in Ireland.

lala, no, I don''t mind you asking the price. Actually, it will be good to get an opinion on whether it''s too much -eek! Well, it''s $5,200, at the Amsale store at least. Not sure if it will be a different price in Kleinfelds (if they stock it!). It''s SO much money to spend on a dress - but then I think of the fact that I love clothes, and I want to have the dress of my life for my wedding day. I also love Monique L''hullier dresses, but none of them really "wowed" me on - some NEARLY wowed me, but no other dress gave me the "oh wow, this dress was made for me!" feeling that this one did.

Anyway, waffley long post! Will update you all after my appointment!

Oh, and as a TOTAL aside, and only because I''m SO excited to have it - I got my engagement ring yesterday! We had to wait for Leon Mege to finish it. You can see it here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/some-pics-of-my-new-leon-engagement-ring.91422/

xx CK

I LOVE this dress!! It''s so funny that you bring up the pockets, my BM''s dresses had pockets and my sister/maid of honor was completely thrilled when she realized this...
Can''t wait to see some more pictures of this dress - on you, hope you were sneaky!! Yay
36.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
i really adore this dress - i keep coming back to this link to look at it! please post pics if you end up getting it!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I love your dress, I love you ring!!!!

Please keep posting details as you decide...BM dresses, flowers, ect. Since we seem to have the same taste I can just copy you....haha.

Your ring is stunning, I want something very similar, but with an asscher (i think).

And the dress, as stated previously, I''m obsessed with...I already have it an my favorites website links and I''m not even engaged yet!

Congrats on your engagement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results