A year and a half is a long time.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
Enjoy the courtship!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, this is very good news @kenny! You have been through a lot and I'm glad you have some happiness in your life now. Happy for you!

Last edited:

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Really good to see you Kenny!! Thank you for returning, and for sharing some very welcome, good news. You bring a very special spice to PS. So important to focus on the positive things in life. You've been missed. Even by me:)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful news @kenny :appl:
Very happy for you!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that’s wonderful!!! :mrgreen2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wewechew, I love that screen name.
Is that the name of your avatar's cute doggie ... and is that some bling on his/her necklace?
Inquiring mind wants to know. :mrgreen2:

I gots me a new man, perhaps a new doggie is in our future. :Up_to_something:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wewechew, is that the name of your cute doggie?
... and is that some bling on the necklace.
Inquiring mind wants to know. :mrgreen2:

I gots me a new man, maybe a new doggie is in our future.
“Wewechew” is the nickname of one of our dogs =)2 . Found my profile pic when I googled “dogs and diamonds” :lol-2: And yes, you two need to get a dog, or dogs :mrgreen2:

On a side note- welcome back. I think you were around very briefly when I had just created my account. You’ve been missed by all :geek2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny that is wonderful news! So glad you have someone to share life with you.
If a new pup comes along, I want first dibs on a picture!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news! Wishing you all the joy in the world.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s so great Kenny!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad to hear this good news!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gays are a small percentage of the population, so it's not easy to find people to date - not to mention I'm in my 60s.
Being an old-school prude, I have never joined any of those online dating, meat-up, or any GPSie-dudes-near-you-for-boing-boing-now sites. :rolleyes:
I still don't even have a smartphone plan - my plan is still just text and voice only.

So it's a miracle we met via a mutual friend at the gym.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny I've been knocked down, trampled on, and been reduced to something less than human by a stomach bug and literally haven't had the strength to move for the past 3 days so I'm late in welcoming you back and sending condolences for your overwhelming losses.

Grief and loneliness can suck the light out of life and I'm happy that you have someone new and I hope the two of you bring joy to each other. You are indeed fortunate to have met someone.

I had to pick up a prescription today and as I was standing glassy-eyed, greasy haired, pale and wan and just downright scary looking waiting in line, a gentleman who looked to be in his late 70's approached me and said "Please don't be offended or scared but are you married?" He then went on to tell me that although he belonged to several social groups and a church, he was having a hard time finding someone with whom he could share his life and that there was nowhere else he could think of to try to meet women other than grocery stores. The loneliness in his eyes and the sadness in his voice broke my heart. Carpe diem kenny,
Sing like no one is listening.
Love like you’ve never been hurt.
Dance like nobody’s watching,
and live like it’s heaven on earth.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: I haven't been around when you left? so I don't particularly know what is going on in your life. Just popped in and quickly read that you met someone and happy. I'm glad to see you around, and most importantly that you are happy in life again.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, it's definitely been a while since you've been here with this also happening in your life! Very glad to hear that there has been some light breaking through the clouds of darkness for you, life can certainly be a rollercoaster sometimes.

Q

Queenie60

Wishing you well @kenny - you deserve to be happy.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope things go well! Congratulations on your new relationship!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
congrates Kenny!!!
All the best to you and yours.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful news Kenny! One question and then I'll mind my own busie. Is he into relatively healthy eating?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[QUOTE="Polished, post: 4621528, member: 57911" ... One question and then I'll mind my own busie. Is he into relatively healthy eating?[/QUOTE]

I don't mind the question.
Before I answer, why would you ask that? :confused:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I remember your distress with the junk food issue in your last relationship. I'm not wishing to rake up the past. Don't blame you for thinking it an out of left field question.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent news Kenny. You especially deserve happiness and love again.
I do so hope he is supportive of your Bling habit, if not there’s always “this old thing, I’ve had it for ages and ages.......”
Or my favorite “I had to buy it it was rare/ special/ spoke to me/ needed a loving home / is just what I was looking for/ was a bargain and what I’ll do is sell some of my other bling to cover the cost”
Ha ha ha .......
as if :twisted2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember your distress with the junk food issue in your last relationship. I'm not wishing to rake up the past. Don't blame you for thinking it an out of left field question.

I'm attracted big hairy men.
In the gay community they are called bears.
But after I snag one, I want him to eat healthy.

It's wrong.
I'm stupid and bad.

I'll never be perfect.
It's a mystery why we want what is not good for us.
Does any overweight PS member eat food, or food quantities they know they should not eat?

Yes, my new SO is a bear.
Slim hairless me are not attractive to me.
He and I do work towards a healthier lifestyle.
Tonight it's stirfry.

I fully realize that it's a unreasonable paradox.
Sorry.

Have you no inconsistencies and conflicts in your life?
Clearly, I do.

Oh Glob, I hope he doesn't see this thread.

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you that there is someone new, we humans were not meant to be alone.....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy for you, kenny.

Deb/AGBF

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you that there is someone new, we humans were not meant to be alone.....

Thank you, Arkieb1.
But I don't go along with "meant to be" in this case - or in nearly all cases.
Evidence for such so called "meaning" is inadequate for me to accept it as true.
Such extraordinary claims carry a burden of proof that they have not met.
Such things just ARE.

I strive to take responsibility for what I want, instead of passing it on to some external make-believe entity or make-believe destiny, fate, or meaning.
Similarly, I don't say, "Bless You" or "Gesundheit" when someone sneezes because there is no evidence that the soul is vulnerable to demons entering :rolleyes: when we sneeze, fart, burp, vomit, poop, pee, etc.

All I know is, I do not want to be alone.

FWIW, I'm way more rational than I was 1.5 years ago.

Last edited:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
A bear, a slim, hairless man and a stir-fry is a strangely satisfying takeaway thought.

It is a mystery why we do things that are not good for us. I know I set myself up for failure when I down a junk food quickly (you wouldn't want to be thinking you were allowed to enjoy it) justifying it to myself with an "I'm not going to do this again".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results