color
clarity

The Ugly American

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a dick!

I say strip him of his Olympic medals.
"Bad Boy!, No multi-million dollar product endorsements for you. Now, go to your room young man."

Oh, but wait ... you could run for US president on the Republican ticket!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37129448

screen_shot_2016-08-19_at_8.png

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He pretty much lost any chance of getting endorsements with this bone head stunt. He is way too old to be acting like such a damn food. The man is in his 30's and I know 12 year olds who act more mature. This speaks volumes about his character.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't give a dang about this spoiled brat. Enough coverage already. He should lose all his endorsements.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Yes to all of the above. I'm also super ticked that he's taken up a huge amount of media space that could have been used to promote other Olympic sports (or other world news). Enough already. Stop focussing on this guy.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1471632307|4067765 said:
I don't give a dang about this spoiled brat. Enough coverage already. He should lose all his endorsements.

Until he DOES lose all endorsements, NO, there is NOT enough coverage already.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

He should run for President. :rodent:

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1471634585|4067782 said:
HI:

He should run for President. :rodent:

cheers--Sharon

Noe Wai!

Only those with really really good character could ever win the nomination to a major party ... OH WAIT! ... :lol:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did Hillary give him tips?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1471642957|4067831 said:
Did Hillary give him tips?

Why YES.

Hillary is the mostest ugliest american EVAH!
So everyone should vote for the leastest ugliestest American, Donald Trump!
Rah Rah Rah!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not only should he lose all his endorsements but I think his Olympic medals should be taken away. He stands for everything we don't want to stand for and represents the worst of people everywhere. The anti Olympian IMO. :nono: :knockout:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1471632307|4067765 said:
This.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an embarrassment to the entire country. The sad thing is he probably feels no shame at all.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk by the Olympic officials to take his medals away. He certainly doesn't deserve to keep them. I'm amazed he was able to persuade the other 3 to go along with the story. You would think that one of the four would have said they weren't going to go along with the lie. Hope Solo is another one who made America look bad.

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
Calliecake said:
I'm surprised there hasn't been any talk by the Olympic officials to take his medals away. He certainly doesn't deserve to keep them. I'm amazed he was able to persuade the other 3 to go along with the story. You would think that one of the four would have said they weren't going to go along with the lie. Hope Solo is another one who made America look bad.
I read one account that he'd told the story to the media before the other three knew he was going to say anything about it.

You'd think he was a child... Isn't he in his thirties?

Sent from my MotoE2 using Tapatalk

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
shaggy1|1471717800|4068131 said:
Calliecake said:
I read one account that he'd told the story to the media before the other three knew he was going to say anything about it.

You'd think he was a child... Isn't he in his thirties?

Sent from my MotoE2 using Tapatalk

I believe he is 32!!!! My niece and nephew said he was on a reality show after the last Olympics. My nephew said he was dumber than a box of rocks. Ryan going to the media first makes sense. I could not believe all of them could be this stupid.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I don't know much about Lochte outside of this particular incident, but from the information I've seen/heard, I don't feel that Lochte or any of the other swimmers should be stripped of their medals as a result of the incident. His behavior was embarrassing and I don't condone it, but I think the story is more complicated than what it's been reduced to.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it seems Lochte told mom a lie and mom went to the press. Never lie to anyone but especially not to your mom. :nono:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think anyone should be stripped of metals for off the field events. Ban him from future Olympics, which he seems to think he'll be apart of. He didn't cheat, just looked like a dick.

As a side note, what's up with his tattoo

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update, based on my googling he seemed to have the original rings, then decided to barbed wire them up.

Ugh such a bro

article-2181777-144ec596000005dc-937_306x423.jpg

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
He needs to face up to the criminal charges of filing a false police report. He should be flying down there to face the judge and pay his fine.

Man up...

And if you're 32 years old and you're still getting so drunk that you urinate in public, you have a problem.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not exactly on topic, but it does provide a little insight. Be sure to watch all the way to the end:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UnceMoPtVfE

ETA - by the way, I'm incensed about this. Casting aspersions on the city that worked so hard to provide a good Olympic experience by fabricating an armed robbery and falsely implicating its police force? He owes the city of Rio a major and direct apology. When he got back to the US he said he was surprised by how easy the questioning by the police was - well, it seems the joke's on him!

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
redwood66 said:
So it seems Lochte told mom a lie and mom went to the press. Never lie to anyone but especially not to your mom. :nono:
The authorities in Brazil knew it was a lie already based on the original report. The timeline didn't match up and the story did not match the video that they had. For example, they all returned to the Olympic Village wearing their watches. Very suspicious after a mugging. so the police started asking the other swimmers who were supposedly there questions and one of them cracked. At least that is the report that I rrad. I've been following it because a friend of mine lives Brasilia.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EXTRA EXTRA
READ ALL ABOUT IT

LOCHTE DROPS HIS SPEEDOS
FILM AT 11

I mean, Speedo drops Lochte. :bigsmile:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-37159288

Swimwear manufacturer Speedo is dropping its sponsorship of the disgraced US Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte.
The company made its announcement after he admitted lying about being robbed at gunpoint by a policeman after a night out during the Rio Olympics.
Speedo said: "We cannot condone behaviour that is counter to the values this brand has long stood for."

Lochte and three team-mates had in fact damaged a petrol station toilet door.
They had been returning to the Olympic village after a night out in Rio when they tried, unsuccessfully, to use the locked toilet and urinated outside instead.

Speedo said it would donate a $50,000 portion of Lochte's sponsorship fee to the charity Save The Children's Brazilian operation.
Lochte is one of the most successful swimmers in history, with 12 Olympic medals, and he once had his own reality television show in the US.

In Rio he swam in two events, winning a gold medal in the 4x200m freestyle relay along with team-mate Jack Conger.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Actually, 4 of his sponsors have decided to cut ties with him (Speedo, Polo Ralph Lauren, Gentle Hair Removal, and mattress maker Airweave). I don't think this news comes as a surprise to anyone.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I was also going to add that Lochte could very well make a comeback from all of this. It wasn't so long ago that Phelps was in the same boat....losing sponsors over an image of him smoking weed and then two DUI's (I think?) and look where he is now....Assuming the Olympics doesn't take any action against Lochte, he could come back. I don't really care one way or another (if he comes back or not). I'm sure he's kicking himself for losing millions and rightfully so.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Never liked this guy. I remember reading an article from the 2012 Olympics quoting him saying something along the lines of how he couldn't have any fun at the 2008 Olympics because he had a girlfriend at the time and that he is now single and was going to have himself a blast at the 2012. I remember thinking at the time grow up already! 4 yrs later, the man has regressed further!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think some of these elite athletes need to remember that all the money spent on them and their careers makes them both public figures and role models for others and as such they should behave accordingly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1471940917|4068903 said:
I think some of these elite athletes need to remember that all the money spent on them and their careers makes them both public figures and role models for others and as such they should behave accordingly.

Yes exactly. I did my residency at West Point USMA and the Captain in charge of the clinic told me the first week I was there that even when I was off duty and off base I was still representing West Point and should behave accordingly. And the same applies to the Olympic athletes IMO.

The Olympic athletes are representing their country and what the Olympics stand for in general. They are not operating in a vacuum and their behavior needs to be representative of all that is good and right in this country. Period. No excuses. His behavior is the opposite of what we want represented and that is why I feel not only should he lose all the endorsements (and I am glad they are all cutting ties with him) but he should lose his medals. :nono: :nono: :nono:

"The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well."

At the opening ceremonies, an athlete from the host country takes the following oath on behalf of all the athletes: "In the name of all the competitors I promise that we shall take part in these Olympic Games, respecting and abiding by the rules which govern them, committing ourselves to a sport without doping and without drugs, in the true spirit of sportsmanship, for the glory of sport and the honor of our teams." Like the Olympic symbol, the oath was first used at the 1920 Games.

good sportsmanship, sense of fair play, and respect for fellow athletes that is developed through participation in sports teaches men and women of different races, religions, and nationalities to work peacefully together in competition toward common goals.

The modern Olympics began with a more secular hope, to provide a forum for the world to come together peacefully in the mutual enjoyment of universal sport. It a chance for us to set aside all that we claim makes us different and come together as a human family for something less serious, something humane.

Obviously these are more romantic ideals and unfortunately much does not ring true about the Olympics today but still have we just given up and is this behavior now acceptable? He doesn't deserve these medals and it is a shame he messed up so badly but nothing changes the fact that he did. I can think of many ways he can make this situation better but so far I don't see any action on his part.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, in an ideal world, athletes/public figures act as role models and behave accordingly. However, we are all human and athletes/public figures make mistakes too (and they are judged harshly for it).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results