shape
carat
color
clarity

the proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trottier80

Rough_Rock
On Friday, March 23rd, I proposed to my girlfriend. I previously posted the ring about 2 weeks ago. See thread below.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-gog-vatche-is-in.59369/

It was Friday the 23rd and we were supposed to be having our friends mike and christina over for dinner. I called Mike and Christina and let them know a few days ahead of time that I was planning on proposing so we would have to reschedule our dinner plans. Anway, I left work early, and got home about 2:00pm. I cleaned up the apartment real quickly. I bought a dozen roses and put them on the stand next to our front door. She walked in a 3pm, and saw the flowers with a note that said drop the groceries ( i made her go shopping to buy myself some time) and bring the flowers to the bedroom. I was hiding in the bedroom bathroom. On the bed was our scrap book. I did a page that said "will you marry me". A post it note on the scrap book read "check me out." The 1st two pages were pages taht we did together. On the 3rd page was the will you marry me page. She kept calling my name but I didn''t answer. Then when i thought she had gotten to the marry me page of the scrapbook, I popped out of my hiding spot and got down on my knees. I was dressed up in a suit. She said yes. Then I told her to get ready since we had a reservation at the restaurant where we went on our 1st dinner date. We got there at 5pm, and had a wonderful dinner. We were glowing. I was nervous about the remainder of my plans for the night. I got a 10 passenger limo for the night and it was to be at my apartment at 6:30. I invited her parents, and some friends to come along with us to celebrate in Saratoga for a few hours. We got to my apartment at 6:35 and it was perfect. The limo was there, she didn''t even see it at first, then realized it was for us. We got out of the car and walked over to the limo, the driver opened the door and the 1st people she saw was her parents. she was so surprised. We had champagne in the limo and rode to Saratoga. We met my parents and few other friends and had drinks at a nice bar until 10:30pm. We then left for home and we were home at 11pm. The rest of the night is foggy for me. I learned my lesson not to over celebrate. I want to remember the entire wedding reception. It was perfect though. We had a great time. She was so surprised and so happy. Needless to say it was a great weekend!!! We have already started looking at reception sites. July 2008 I can''t wait....stay tuned.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Scott,

Congratulations on your engagement! It''s so awesome to find proposals that go JUST as planned. I''m so happy for you and your fiance!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
Congrats, I''m so glad it went well!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! And what a good story-I love how well you planned it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results