shape
carat
color
clarity

The Daily Trumpet (don't look if you don't want politics)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooo, I feel the greatness creepin upon us. Yesireee, we're getting great again -- charlatans, liars, spin doctors, hypocrits, and don't forget all of those gluttonous billionaires in the new cabinet who are working so very very hard for the little guy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-sprint-jobs_us_58651839e4b0de3a08f74233?qaksxttihvvqs38fr

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/paula-white-donald-trump-inauguration_us_58652b51e4b0de3a08f76147

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-computers_us_586470ace4b0d9a5945a273f

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/29/news/economy/trump-trade-china-mexico-2017/index.html

vanessa_0.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: The Daily Trumpet (don't look if you don't want politics

Russians want a president Trump because they know he will damage and weaken America by feeding its cancers.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1483040754|4110445 said:
Russians want a president Trump because they know he will damage and weaken America by feeding its cancers.
The damage was done when Obama started his presidency with an apology tour... :rolleyes:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1483041460|4110451 said:
The damage was done when Obama started his presidency with an apology tour... :rolleyes:
Yes, it will be Donald Trump who will make America great again.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

House Cat|1483042950|4110457 said:
He will try, which is a lot more than can be said about Obama and Hillary.
He will have to fight the republican politicians and democrat politicians as well as the corrupt press to do it.
That Ryan is still speaker of the house is a very bad sign.
Time with tell.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K|1483048893|4110495 said:

I do not believe that. I do not think that Donald Trump has any real interest in this country or its people: only in in himself; his own self-aggrandizement; his own wealth; and the welfare of his rich friends. Above all, I think he is most interested in the short-term rewards that come with self-aggrandizement. Despite his enormous narcissism, I do not think he has even had the forethought to think of a legacy he will leave as a president. I think he cannot focus on anything except immediate gratification.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF|1483050967|4110513 said:

I do not believe that. I do not think that Donald Trump has any real interest in this country or its people: only in in himself; his own self-aggrandizement; his own wealth; and the welfare of his rich friends. Above all, I think he is most interested in the short-term rewards that come with self-aggrandizement. Despite his enormous narcissism, I do not think he has even had the forethought to think of a legacy he will leave as a president. I think he cannot focus on anything except immediate gratification.

^Truth.

Obstructionist republicans who stated publicly and proudly that they would do everything they could to ensure his failure achieved their goal in large part. Obama was not perfect, made mistakes, no more so and far less so that others who came before him.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

All I can do now is hope that you are wrong. It does me, nor anyone else, any good to wish otherwise.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1483059734|4110550 said:
When will the Dems face the true facts?

When America is "Great Again"!

I'm gonna get healed ----> turn straight, Christian, & Republican! :appl:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny|1483062696|4110555 said:
Dancing Fire|1483059734|4110550 said:
When will the Dems face the true facts?

When America is "Great Again"!

I'm gonna get healed ----> turn straight, Christian, & Republican! :appl:

Most of us don't care if you are those things or not. ;-)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Maybe not great, but hopefully respected by other world leaders.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes I am greatly worried about this as well. I agree with what you wrote Deb. That Trump only truly cares about himself and his huge ego. I am hoping however that somehow he will grow into the position of president and exceed our expectations (which admittedly are pretty low right now so there is a chance lol). It is the only thing I can do. Maybe his huge ego will drive him to do the best for our country and maybe he does better than we think he will. Otherwise there would be no hope and without hope what is the point?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1483103026|4110678 said:

Yes I am greatly worried about this as well. I agree with what you wrote Deb. That Trump only truly cares about himself and his huge ego. I am hoping however that somehow he will grow into the position of president and exceed our expectations (which admittedly are pretty low right now so there is a chance lol). It is the only thing I can do. Maybe his huge ego will drive him to do the best for our country and maybe he does better than we think he will. Otherwise there would be no hope and without hope what is the point?

You're going to be disappointed I think. He is not going to grow into anything, certainly not empathy. He's a classic narcissist and they are pretty incapable of significant change, especially at his age. (somewhere there was a thread with me and Gypsy going back and forth on narcissists, with Gypsy having the more intimate knowledge, while mine was somewhat at a remove: bless you Mom!).

About hope though. Hope is an emotion, nothing more. It is not required. I have little hope politically or personally (since I am one of those who will likely be uninsured and uninsurable soon), but that will not stop me from soldiering on to the degree that I can. Action - with or without hope - is the only thing that has the slightest chance of changing things. I won't see the change in my lifetime I suspect, but at some point it ceases to be about me (never has been, really) and how I feel about things, and becomes about a future I can't see. And I'll be damned if I give it over to Trump and his devotees without a fight. They may actually succeed for a time in sending us back to the 19th century, but I'm going to....hope (ha!) it won't last very long. I'll give you the no hope feeling though, living in the mismanaged god-forsaken state that I do (quickly bringing up the rear behind the hell of stupid that is Kansas. Yay Oklahoma!) I understand it better than you might think, believe me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ksinger|1483107734|4110695 said:

You're going to be disappointed I think. He is not going to grow into anything, certainly not empathy. He's a classic narcissist and they are pretty incapable of significant change, especially at his age. (somewhere there was a thread with me and Gypsy going back and forth on narcissists, with Gypsy having the more intimate knowledge, while mine was somewhat at a remove: bless you Mom!).

About hope though. Hope is an emotion, nothing more. It is not required. I have little hope politically or personally (since I am one of those who will likely be uninsured and uninsurable soon), but that will not stop me from soldiering on to the degree that I can. Action - with or without hope - is the only thing that has the slightest chance of changing things. I won't see the change in my lifetime I suspect, but at some point it ceases to be about me (never has been, really) and how I feel about things, and becomes about a future I can't see. And I'll be damned if I give it over to Trump and his devotees without a fight. They may actually succeed for a time in sending us back to the 19th century, but I'm going to....hope (ha!) it won't last very long. I'll give you the no hope feeling though, living in the mismanaged god-forsaken state that I do (quickly bringing up the rear behind the hell of stupid that is Kansas. Yay Oklahoma!) I understand it better than you might think, believe me.

Well maybe it's semantics because when I say not to give up hope I mean not to give up the fight so we agree. I am feeling sad and full of despair but I won't give up. The English language is not my strong point so I know it is my miscommunication and I apologize. But I think we are on a similar page. I still have hope because I have not given up and hope none of the "good" people give up either.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy|1483109196|4110702 said:
Well maybe it's semantics because when I say not to give up hope I mean not to give up the fight so we agree. I am feeling sad and full of despair but I won't give up. The English language is not my strong point so I know it is my miscommunication and I apologize. But I think we are on a similar page.

No apology required. I know we're on the same page. Just a bit of out-loud musing about hope. It's great but overrated, IMO.

Most of what I can "do" (and that has always been an uphill slog here, feels like tilting at windmills most days) will be in elections at my state level. National level politicians from my state are wrapped up by cons for the foreseeable future. Sadly, the only thing that might change that, is when the rural areas realize that their gamble didn't win for them, and things actually get far worse. They're already going that way, certainly in my state. But even that will be dicey, because as long as those people (the urban moocher types, as opposed to the rural moocher types, they're different of course) are hurt more than they are, then the bullet in their foot won't hurt so badly. Status needs can be a very powerful motivator, humans loving having at least someone who is below them on the social totem pole after all.

The dem policies would have been better for them - were better for them, and I have never minded paying the taxes to support those programs, never. I would have happily paid more to help strengthen social safety nets. But there is only so much compassion I'm willing to give to a group who is willing to hurt themselves in order to hurt others more. So I will not be crying too much if they start having buyer's remorse and start reaping what they've sown at an even higher level. I'm just pissed they've taken the rest of us along for the ride in their handbasket.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi.

Look how much hope you have after all, Ksinger. You actually believe those rural voters will see the error of their ways. LOL.
You have forgotten that This Trump guy will blame everyone else for anything that goes wrong and those voters will believe him. Why would that change?

Debs point that our only hope is that his ego is so large that he will make a huge effort to improve the country is a good one. I'm hoping for that as well.

Business believes Trump, and if he enacts what they expect, I think the economy will improve, more. Social issues will be left at the wayside. I do not think this Pres will concern himself with bathrooms/and or gays, but will support police. He'll just keep telling you he loves women.

I say be watchful and hopeful at the same time. I'm willing to eat crow, but , to me, he has an anomaly with his brain, that I doubt can be changed.

I do like him twittering. We get to know almost immediately how he is thinking. This is good!

Annette

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

smitcompton|1483121239|4110785 said:
Debs point that our only hope is that his ego is so large that he will make a huge effort to improve the country is a good one. I'm hoping for that as well.

Actually that was missy's point, but I appreciate your attempt to attribute it to me, Annette. ;))

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

ksinger|1483115047|4110746 said:
missy|1483109196|4110702 said:
Well maybe it's semantics because when I say not to give up hope I mean not to give up the fight so we agree. I am feeling sad and full of despair but I won't give up. The English language is not my strong point so I know it is my miscommunication and I apologize. But I think we are on a similar page.

No apology required. I know we're on the same page. Just a bit of out-loud musing about hope. It's great but overrated, IMO.

Most of what I can "do" (and that has always been an uphill slog here, feels like tilting at windmills most days) will be in elections at my state level. National level politicians from my state are wrapped up by cons for the foreseeable future. Sadly, the only thing that might change that, is when the rural areas realize that their gamble didn't win for them, and things actually get far worse. They're already going that way, certainly in my state. But even that will be dicey, because as long as those people (the urban moocher types, as opposed to the rural moocher types, they're different of course) are hurt more than they are, then the bullet in their foot won't hurt so badly. Status needs can be a very powerful motivator, humans loving having at least someone who is below them on the social totem pole after all.

The dem policies would have been better for them - were better for them, and I have never minded paying the taxes to support those programs, never. I would have happily paid more to help strengthen social safety nets. But there is only so much compassion I'm willing to give to a group who is willing to hurt themselves in order to hurt others more. So I will not be crying too much if they start having buyer's remorse and start reaping what they've sown at an even higher level. I'm just pissed they've taken the rest of us along for the ride in their handbasket.

Did you ever think that for the rest of us it is not that we do not want to but we just cannot afford to do it?

Many families do not have extra money lying around to pay for others. We need it to support our families and save for retirement.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results