shape
carat
color
clarity

Surprise Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

audioescape

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody.

First post. I''ll be proposing soon and I wanted to get some feedback. Could you help me out?

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for one year and we are making marriage plans, so I''m 100% sure she''ll say "yes". Actually, she''s quite looking forward to the proposal.

Enter the surprise...

I was thinking of this:

She, her mother and her best friend go out quite frequently for drinks or dinner. So they''ll go out on a Tuesday night (when I''m supposed to be at school - so she won''t be suspicious). By the time the get to the restaurant, I''ll be there hiding by the backdoor (of course, I''ll arrange this with the owners). After a while chatting, my GF would like to go to the restroom (she always does), so her friend will join her.

By the time the come back, I''m sitting there with a diamond ring in my hand wearing a suit and tie.
21.gif

Totally unexpected.

She sits down and I pop the question.

Her mom will take pictures.
10.gif

Anyways, that''s my idea.
What do you think? Any advice? I''m I missing something?

16.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
She is that predictable to go to the bathroom right away?
What happens if there is an unexpected wait at the restaurant and they decide to go somewhere else?
Seems like there is a lot of "what ifs" for it to go smoothly.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
does she want a public proposal? some people wouldn''t like that because it takes the romance out of the moment...i''m sure it would surprise her

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m very weary of the public proposal too. Unless you KNOW she wants/is ok with a public proposal (e.g., has hinted while watching proposals on tv etc.) I would hesitate to make it public. I think I might be horrified if my boyfriend did a public proposal.

Maybe on the same idea, have her Mom and Best friend in on it, have the mom/bf "feel sick" at dinner and cut the night short where she comes home and is surprised by you? You could have her favorite dessert/champagne...etc. at home and surprise her with the proposal there?

Whatever you decide to do...GOOD LUCK!!!

audioescape

Rough_Rock
Wow, guys...

You have given me some great advice!
21.gif

Cut rock: She''s not really that predictable. Probably wouldn''t go to the restroom right away. So you are spot on on that one. There''s a bunch of "what ifs" that you have stated that made me re-think the whole idea.

NYCSparkle and neatfreak: I do not know for sure if she wants a public proposal. So I guess I''d better play it safe and do a private one. Plus it''ll be definetely more romantic
16.gif

BTW, I loved this idea...

Maybe on the same idea, have her Mom and Best friend in on it, have the mom/bf ''feel sick'' at dinner and cut the night short where she comes home and is surprised by you? You could have her favorite dessert/champagne...etc. at home and surprise her with the proposal there?
I''m thinking that''s probably the best way to go!
36.gif

But instead of cutting the night short, they may just go out for a couple of drinks, grocery shopping or something brief like that. And then, when they get back I''ll have everything set up.

Loved the feedback!

If you have more ideas, please keep''em coming.

35.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I would be absolutely thrilled if my boyfriend thought it out like you are and it''s cool that you want to get everyone involved. A private proposal is waaaaay more romantic than a public one, and you''re doing the smart thing by keeping it private if you don''t know what she wants. Maybe then plan on going out with the mom/bf to her fav restaurant the day after or something so everyone can be involved some way.

I''m sure the Mom and BF will enjoy helping you out! Fun for everyone...

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results