shape
carat
color
clarity

Spanx question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard mixed reviews on these things so I''m going to buy some from Nords tomorrow (great return policy) to try them out :) I''m so happy to feel slim-tastic in my little black dress on Valentines Day :)

BUT.........because they have the crotch part cut out for necassary business......and thus do not cover that...er...area......do I wear undies over them? I mean, not that anyone will be looking under my skirt but.....dang..........it feels so dangerous lol. And in my wedding gown, where no one will CERTAINLY not be trying to catch a peek under my gown.......won''t going undie free feel oddly ironic in a white gown etc??

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 2:15:26 AM
Author:So_happy
I've heard mixed reviews on these things so I'm going to buy some from Nords tomorrow (great return policy) to try them out :) I'm so happy to feel slim-tastic in my little black dress on Valentines Day :)

BUT.........because they have the crotch part cut out for necassary business......and thus do not cover that...er...area......do I wear undies over them? I mean, not that anyone will be looking under my skirt but.....dang..........it feels so dangerous lol. And in my wedding gown, where no one will CERTAINLY not be trying to catch a peek under my gown.......won't going undie free feel oddly ironic in a white gown etc??
So_happy its not cut out at all. Its like a slit or a fold. Nothing to worry about. Your modesty is iintact.
1.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
You are too cute--i totally see your point, but as mentioned, i think they are not as ''open'' as you imagine

i have a pair or biker-short style spanx that i wear under dresses and they are comfy...i think u will be pleased with them (although i have not worn the item you are describing)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have power panties and regular spanx and never heard they have a cut out in the private area...and have not noticed one in my pairs

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 11:15:45 AM
Author: diamondfan
I have power panties and regular spanx and never heard they have a cut out in the private area...and have not noticed one in my pairs
Diamondfan~ When trying on gowns several weeks ago, the saleslady presented them to me (although of course I couldn''t take them out of the package or try them on) and the fact that they have an opening is a huge selling point for brides :) I just didn''t know how open was open, y''know? lol

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe those are bridal ones, and it is easier to tinky in a gown with the opening? but still seems a bit weird to me...

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
lol I am always going commando so I say wear em girl
31.gif
3.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will be wearing this type of undergarment under my wedding gown that is similar, but not spanx brand. I''ve worn it before...and I''m really happy the cut out is there! It''s pretty difficult to take on and off, so it''s really a lifesaver LOL! Don''t worry about your modesty, the cutout is really like a foldover and everything is covered. It *feels* the same as regular underwear in that area if that helps at all.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know, I would think wearing them under the white gown or the little black dress might be vastly appreciated by your opposite number...if you can''t experiment with something as tame as that, well, might be in for a boring married life down the line....

OK, YES that was pretty much totally tongue in cheek. Sorry couldn''t resist. I wouldn''t wear underwear over them, I think it would feel bulky and uncomfortable...

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2007 7:10:34 AM
Author: rainbowtrout
I don''t know, I would think wearing them under the white gown or the little black dress might be vastly appreciated by your opposite number...if you can''t experiment with something as tame as that, well, might be in for a boring married life down the line....

OK, YES that was pretty much totally tongue in cheek. Sorry couldn''t resist. I wouldn''t wear underwear over them, I think it would feel bulky and uncomfortable...
rainbowtrout~ lol. i''m glad you postscripted because i was like "omg....does she have a point??!!!!.....is it normal to go commando in a skirt these days???" lol. and you''re right...wearing undies over them seem redundant and even if a thong....well the thong wouldn''t go...er...where it needs to would it?......would feel odd and bulky.

I''m relieved to hear there is some kind of modesty panel there!!! I ended up being lazy and ordered them online last night ($31 and free ship
36.gif
) so I''ll soon be able to see myself
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results