shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Earthquake in San Francisco Bay Area

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
We just felt a little earthquake in San Jose. 2 very small little jiggles.

It was a 4.4 in Morgan Hill.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha, in cupertino it was very strong, we are on the 4th floor and it lasted a full minute. it was funny to watch like 8 FB statuses change immediately.

4.4 is what they are reporting, that is nothing!!! it felt much stronger where we were, a friend on an 11th floor building said the blinds were banging into each other.

so glad we have a ranch house! HAHA.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Didn''t feel it where we are. Glad you are all OK though.

Mara: is Miss Portia afraid of earthquakes?? Mazie just woofs when we have one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda...she typically doesn''t do much in general as she is a super mellow pup, but I am hardly ever WITH her when there is one. But she doesn''t seem to be odd at all before or after one. I am hoping she was snoozing and hardly felt it. The dog walker will be there in a few hours so I will ask her to report back.

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
I felt it here (San Jose), and it didn''t seem light to me. My bed was shaking, as was my dresser, and it woke up the dog, who didn''t know what to do with himself.

It''s my first earthquake
32.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
My son was on the 8th floor at SJSU and said the building was swaying about a foot or 2!

I felt in mid peninsula as 2 little jiggles about 30 seconds apart.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
brookyln this was a good ''starter'' for you. typically they are mostly like this...though sometimes they are bigger! i typically only ''move'' (As in move under a doorjamb or whatever) for a 6+!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you are all safe.
1.gif
Yes, Mara the rancher does come in handy during times like this.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
My parents are in So. Cal and my dad felt it; Mom did not. Dad always feels them...

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 2:39:57 PM
Author: Mara
brookyln this was a good ''starter'' for you. typically they are mostly like this...though sometimes they are bigger! i typically only ''move'' (As in move under a doorjamb or whatever) for a 6+!

LOL @ starter. I guess it wasn''t too bad, since nothing fell or got damaged. It was pretty scary to have everything moving like that. I tried to get to the doorway, but by the time the shock wore of and I got out of bed, all had ended.

Now that it''s over, I don''t feel too bad about it, since everything in CA is built with earthquakes in mind.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotta love those shakers. I told TGuy last night that I had a dream the night before that California had a sizeable earthquake. Does this mean I''m prophetic?
9.gif

brooklyngirl

Brilliant_Rock
*GULP* I hope not!
32.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 4:51:15 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Gotta love those shakers. I told TGuy last night that I had a dream the night before that California had a sizeable earthquake. Does this mean I''m prophetic?
9.gif
NICE TRY TGal.....NOT!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m kinda bummed, I didn''t feel it! My office manager sent an email about about 20 minutes after w/ the info on it and I''m like WTH.... I didn''t feel anything! A whole bunch of people in my office felt it, I have no idea why I didn''t, kinda wierd. I felt that one about a year or more ago (I think it was a 5.3-5.5) which was my first earthquake. Glad it wasn''t too big though.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t feel it (at the gym) but DH did - his mom, as usual, freaked out and called him right away from New England, but it was so minor up in San Francisco that DH said he wasn''t even really sure it was an earthquake when he felt it
20.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Glad I missed it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results