Cartier 1937
have no idea if any one ever wore it
It was the depression
i kind of like it but ive seen alot of hate directed at it so i thoight id pos
I like this also! Middle section is detachable and can be worn as a brooch-
I wouldn't say no to it! :)

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
These things. I hated them then and I hate them now.

I wore all kinds of ugly things in the 90s (hello doc Martens with no socks) but I drew the line at stretch chokers.

choker.png

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW, I like more than a few of the jewelry pieces in this thread; granted, some I wouldn't wear due to comfort issues but I still appreciate them.

Several certainly aren't to my own taste, but I'm okay with other people enjoying them and thinking they are beautiful or special or perfect for a specific occasion.

I guess I just don't get the "fun" in bashing jewelry more than likely owned and worn and perhaps prized by other human beings in this world.

... just my 2 cents ...

To each his own but this ring makes me want to slather it in Oxy 10.

s-l1600 (2).jpg

This one I kind of like!

Cartier 1937
It was the depression
i kind of like it but ive seen alot of hate directed at it so i thoight id post it
citrine-tiara-cartier-london-1937this-tiara-is-composed-of-yellow-gold-platinum-old-and-baguet...jpg

And this one is cool as well! I would wear this haha.

There’s a lot of stuff I won’t wear but before opening the thread I thought I don’t consider anything “sinfully ugly”... though some of the entrants in this thread definitely have me rethinking that stance!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im a weirdo who loves tacky jewellery...lol I don't own any though (amazing that is) but I do love looking at it, even contemplating the purchase.

But I try to be very pragmatic because If I won't wear it, why buy it right? So I reserve to love of it from afar. (that sounds so utterly sad...lol)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Im a weirdo who loves tacky jewellery...lol I don't own any though (amazing that is) but I do love looking at it, even contemplating the purchase.

But I try to be very pragmatic because If I won't wear it, why buy it right? So I reserve to love of it from afar. (that sounds so utterly sad...lol)

I totally get this! I have a few decorative items in my house (tchotchkies) that are supremely tacky but they bring me joy! I grin ear-to-ear when I see them.

And I wear jeans that are hopelessly out of date, but I adore them. They suit me.

I love the attitude of "yeah, I know this is out of fashion/weird/tacky/etc. but I like it anyway! It suits me!" The people who can say that are my kind of people -- fun, comfortable in their own skin and dance to their own beat. :)

(Just don't wear that human tooth ring! Nope, nope, nope! That sucker creeps me out.)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That tooth ring looks like something that would be shown on a Dateline or 48 Hours episode. It’s so creepy.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I have to admit I have saved all my daughters teeth & I one day would like them cast to make a charm bracelet…. :oops:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to admit I have saved all my daughters teeth & I one day would like them cast to make a charm bracelet…. :oops:

Have you seen the jewlery Queen Victoria had with her children's teeth ?
The Victoria's were very sentimental

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Cartier 1937
It was the depression
i kind of like it but ive seen alot of hate directed at it so i thoight id post it
citrine-tiara-cartier-london-1937this-tiara-is-composed-of-yellow-gold-platinum-old-and-baguet...jpg

Is that a tiara? I actually quite like it - very Art Deco.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
These things. I hated them then and I hate them now.

I wore all kinds of ugly things in the 90s (hello doc Martens with no socks) but I drew the line at stretch chokers.

choker.png

OMG my daughters (9 and 10 years old) got gifted one of these each from their BFF in cream and pink and wear them all the time. I loathe them. But hey I’m only mum I know nothing. At least they are sentimental!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Cartier 1937
It was the depression

A bracelet? I actually kind of like it. It makes me think of a cobra for some reason. Or an asp - seems Cleopatra-ish....Egyptian.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A bracelet? I actually kind of like it. It makes me think of a cobra for some reason. Or an asp - seems Cleopatra-ish....Egyptian.

its a tiara
perhaps it is convetable as a braclete ?
from what ive read no one was ever seen wearing it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i thought I'd reacquaint my self with Queen Victoria's teeth (her children's teeth) jewlery
and i came across the first piece
not ugly if you didn't know what it was
its from Princess Vicky the eldest child who became a German Empress
q-victorias-tooth-brooch.jpg
she lost her first baby tooth on holiday in Scotland
....as for the others
highly sentimental and im sure beautiful workmanship
but from another time
so kinda ugly to us all these generations latter
kind of sad some got sold in auction, seems like the kind of thing that should be in Queen Victoria's bedroom in a royal residence or at least with a descendant of the original owner of the tooth - or maybe even in a museum or in the royal collection dc58b1200e2511560e53346d18e302e1.jpg 0bccba3abfb26505763ad5ccf4a9120b.jpg f644270cca8d353f3e8bac4ebd4a7a18.jpg 17682030a990630374ae5a30c9922f60.jpg

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
i thought I'd reacquaint my self with Queen Victoria's teeth (her children's teeth) jewlery
and i came across the first piece
not ugly if you didn't know what it was
its from Princess Vicky the eldest child who became a German Empress
q-victorias-tooth-brooch.jpg
she lost her first baby tooth on holiday in Scotland
....as for the others
highly sentimental and im sure beautiful workmanship
but from another time
so kinda ugly to us all these generations latter
kind of sad some got sold in auction, seems like the kind of thing that should be in Queen Victoria's bedroom in a royal residence or at least with a descendant of the original owner of the tooth - or maybe even in a museum or in the royal collection dc58b1200e2511560e53346d18e302e1.jpg 0bccba3abfb26505763ad5ccf4a9120b.jpg f644270cca8d353f3e8bac4ebd4a7a18.jpg 17682030a990630374ae5a30c9922f60.jpg

I think these are fabulous

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
No! I’m going to google!

Dear Golden Touch,

I just want to say that I really love your avatar. I am nearing 48 years of happy marriage, but I know so many who will enjoy this when I send it to them...

1623340239877.png

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results