shape
carat
color
clarity

Silly Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock

Have you given any thought to the china your caterer uses and how that might affect your table linens/centerpieces? I guess it''s not really a big deal, especially since food will be on the plates most of the time.

I''m considering either a light blue or watermelon pink color for the bridesmaid dresses and coordinating the reception decore accordingly. However, the reception site has red designs on the china and chairs, and I''d prefer to save the expense of chair covers. Have any suggestions?

4table2.jpg

tlh

Ideal_Rock
wow, that wasn''t a problem at my wedding, the plates were all white. The chairs had a pattern, so we used chair covers - What an interesting dliema. I think that you are using pink and blue... so that might work, if you maybe add a little color to a centerpiece to tie that in??

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s fairly "loud" china for a reception venue. I''m surprised they don''t offer something more simple!

I think blue dresses with those plates would look best, and then tie some pink into the centerpieces?? I dunno. Or you could decide you don''t really care about the plate color and just do what you want. I think that would be acceptable too.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
realistically, people will have food on them until they''re done eating, then the plates will be cleared away. this is one thing i would absolutely not stress out about. save yourself the hassle and be glad your venue has china because it can be pretty pricey to rent. i''ve been to a wedding before where the centerpieces were so gorgeous that i never even noticed that our chairs were made out of the wooden beams of old boats (they got married at a naval museum) and looked a little scary. my friend (the bride) said something about it later and i didn''t even know what she was talking about! moral of the story: do what you can well and forget about the things you can''t really control.

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I think the plates wouldn''t look nearly as jarring if they took away that dark table cloth. Since the colors you chose don''t clash with the red, I think it''ll look just fine. I would make sure that the ceterpieces really display your wedding colors and draw the attention of your guests.

Actually I think it''s cool that your plates will have a design!

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Ladies! I feel a lot better.
I agree with LucyandRoger that the black used on the photo's table is jarring...we certainly won't be using that. We're thinking of incorporating the lighter colors in the centerpieces and linens.

One thing about the venue is that it's a sweet family run manor house with character. It's been around for decades and is highly recomended for its quality service, excellent catering, and reasonable prices. The grounds are gorgeous in the spring and the inside is warm and regal. I suppose the more elaborate china sort of fit the venue's character, which i like...it's just the red wouldn't be my favorite choice. I feel better knowing the vibrant colors of the centerpieces and linens might soften the "loud" china.

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
If you wanted to, you could make the red china work for you by doing a blue wedding with red and pink accents. I've seen photos of weddings with this color palette before and it's actually quite visually stunning. Here's a site that has lots of photos of blue with red accents weddings: https://www.nycityweddings.com/chat/topic-520367-1.html and attached is one sample collage from the site. So, you could stick with the light blue bridesmaid dresses and then just use some red and pink accents in the flowers and a few other select places. I know this collage uses mostly tiffany blue/aqua, but I think it would look just as nice with a sky blue (if that's the blue shade you were going for).

However, if you don't want to do red as an accent color to your blue, I agree with the others that the red china won't be a major issue, especially since it fits with the historical venue like you mentioned.

blue-red wedding collage.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think that this is one of those details that so few people at your wedding would notice. Most likely only the brides and recent brides would actually take note. I think its easy to fixate on it when it contrasts so greatly with the dark linens in those photos.

So I think that by working it into the decor and just making sure that the other colors used don''t really clash you will be just fine! It sounds like you really love the rest of the stuff about your venue so I wouldn''t worry too much.
1.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I had never thought of that problem... hmmm. (adds to mental list of questions) I don''t think it would look too strange with your colors, and as other people have pointed out... there''s gonna be food on them anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results