shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your brollies, gumboots (rubber boots)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know its summer up there and actually its a beautuful sunny 18 degrees C here today but i just brought my first umbrella in 20 years !
And im giddy like a 6 year old in a lolly shop with a $1* in my pocket :appl::kiss2:*may need to adjust for inflation ;)2

You cannot have an umbrella when you live in Wellington - not long after i moved there i brought a golf umbrella from work on a particularly wet day for my walk to the railway station.
Well i didn't even get out of the shop before the wind turned it inside out :doh: :x2
Bur Its hardly windy at all here, Gary says the towels dry like sandpaper on the line :lol-2:

Now maybe you have a pretty sun umbrella or even a beach umbrella you might want to shear

So i just went to click and collect the groceries and the mall is back open and the $2 shop had a stack of them in their entrance and i just had to indulge
Now we are not in lockdown i want to get walking again and i kinda like walking in the rain but i hate winter clothes - and July August are our wet months

Now who knows how good a $2 shop umbrella is going to be (it was $7.95) but ive been burnt before buying more exspensive brollies
ed46b4d3f1d621702856080171daa84335-23-mary-poppins.rsquare.w700.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gumboots, wellingtons, galoshes... I call them wellies ::)

These are my favourites - in red!

Daisy I remember sandpaper towels!! Crisp, fresh, sun-warmed, and... sandpapery!!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Memories of little me looking longingly at the pink ruffled umbrellas of my classmates, decorated with their names.
Nowadays I cannot keep track of them, no matter how many black umbrellas I buy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are one of my waterproof pair of boots.
Olang Glamour boots. I love these. Thanks to @canuk-gal I have them.

olangbootsredwithsnowflakeleggings.png
olangbootsred.png

I also have a few other pairs of waterproof boots. From La La Canadienne and from Cole Haan and from Timberland. In our area you need waterproof boots more than you think.

ETA: haha I got this thread topic all wrong oops! :oops2:
Sorry I thought you were talking about waterproof boots but you want umbrellas I think! OK in the first photo I shared one of my umbrellas is included. I love umbrellas and have dozens of them. Most of them in NYC however but a few here too. I love umbrellas and parasols too. Love accessories in general. They really brighten up a gloomy day.

parasolpainting.jpg

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here’s my wellies - waterproof leather Dubarry boots. I love them! They’ve lasted six years of daily dog walking from autumn through to spring so far and only get more comfortable with age - it’s like walking the dog in slippers. They’re toasty warm too, even without the optional extra thermal liner. Have I mentioned that I love them?! I really like the look of them with leggings as casual boots too, but mine are always too covered in mud to wear anywhere other than the common or woods!
2810A216-E9C7-4EE5-BB93-00E00B13A575.jpeg

ETA - just realised I made the same mistake as Missy and thought you’d mentioned wellies as well as brollies!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here’s my wellies - waterproof leather Dubarry boots. I love them! They’ve lasted six years of daily dog walking from autumn through to spring so far and only get more comfortable with age - it’s like walking the dog in slippers. They’re toasty warm too, even without the optional extra thermal liner. Have I mentioned that I love them?! I really like the look of them with leggings as casual boots too, but mine are always too covered in mud to wear anywhere other than the common or woods!

ETA - just realised I made the same mistake as Missy and thought you’d mentioned wellies as well as brollies!

Haha I'm glad I’m not alone. Maybe @Daisys and Diamonds want to see examples of both?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are one of my waterproof pair of boots.
Olang Glamour boots. I love these. Thanks to @canuk-gal I have them.

olangbootsredwithsnowflakeleggings.png
olangbootsred.png

I also have a few other pairs of waterproof boots. From La La Canadienne and from Cole Haan and from Timberland. In our area you need waterproof boots more than you think.

ETA: haha I got this thread topic all wrong oops! :oops2:
Sorry I thought you were talking about waterproof boots but you want umbrellas I think! OK in the first photo I shared one of my umbrellas is included. I love umbrellas and have dozens of them. Most of them in NYC however but a few here too. I love umbrellas and parasols too. Love accessories in general. They really brighten up a gloomy day.

parasolpainting.jpg

No no
gumboots are more than welcone
We call rubber boots gumboots
i just don't own a pair right now
we have pumis in our soil so we don't get puddles in our lawn and i garden in bair feet even in winter

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
These are the leading brand here
i havn't had a pair in ages
people here in Wanganui wear gumboots everywhere ...i often see them parked outside shops and cafes while there people are inside in stocking feet :mrgreen2:
Its a bit.... agricultural :lol-2:
Screenshot_20200625-233436.png

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lived in Windy Wellington many years back, so I feel your pain with the brollies! Where abouts are you? I lived in Whitby & then moved to Khandallah.

As for Wellington boots, we are a Hunter family. I have had my pair for about 8 years & despite their cost, I buy them for the girls also. I tried cheapy wellies for them when they were tiny, but they were burning through them in the winter months. So now I buy them Hunter boots 1.5 sizes too big & they have always got 2 winters out of them - the first with extra socks :lol: It's summer here now (it was 32 degrees in Cheshire today!) but we are still wearing them occasionally when out in the fields, as we head into the brook for a splash around.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lived in Windy Wellington many years back, so I feel your pain with the brollies! Where abouts are you? I lived in Whitby & then moved to Khandallah.

As for Wellington boots, we are a Hunter family. I have had my pair for about 8 years & despite their cost, I buy them for the girls also. I tried cheapy wellies for them when they were tiny, but they were burning through them in the winter months. So now I buy them Hunter boots 1.5 sizes too big & they have always got 2 winters out of them - the first with extra socks :lol: It's summer here now (it was 32 degrees in Cheshire today!) but we are still wearing them occasionally when out in the fields, as we head into the brook for a splash around.

When i first moved from Dunedin in the late 1990s i lived in Karori right on the top around the road from the Russian embassy
It was nice the day i moved in
didnt see blue sky for a year after that
could not beleave my eyes to see clouds below me !
I used to walk to and from work at Mitre 10 in Vivian st
As soon as you come through that Karori tunnel it feels like it droped 10 degrees

Everything went mildew - belts, boots, leather everything
yuck
I had never seen that before
A huge shock, Dunedin could be wet and cold but it wasn't damp where we lived and got all day sun

so moving in with Gary and out to Linden Tawa was great
we lived on the sunny side on the top of a hill so got plenty of sun with a view of Mt Kau Kau and opposite Kenepuru hospital grounds

Khandella is lovelly and so is Whitby but we couldn't even afford a house deposit anywhere in Porirua so that's how we ended up in Wanganui

when we were kids we got new skelerup cracker jack gummies every year , i would sleep in mine the first night
Saddly i can't find a picture but very 70s early 80s - orange and other neon colours with white stripes on the top
....wait
i found a yellow pair 220px-Sailing_boots.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When i first moved from Dunedin in the late 1990s i lived in Karori right on the top around the road from the Russian embassy
It was nice the day i moved in
didnt see blue sky for a year after that
could not beleave my eyes to see clouds below me !
I used to walk to and from work at Mitre 10 in Vivian st
As soon as you come through that Karori tunnel it feels like it droped 10 degrees

Everything went mildew - belts, boots, leather everything
yuck
I had never seen that before
A huge shock, Dunedin could be wet and cold but it wasn't damp where we lived and got all day sun

so moving in with Gary and out to Linden Tawa was great
we lived on the sunny side on the top of a hill so got plenty of sun with a view of Mt Kau Kau and opposite Kenepuru hospital grounds

Khandella is lovelly and so is Whitby but we couldn't even afford a house deposit anywhere in Porirua so that's how we ended up in Wanganui

when we were kids we got new skelerup cracker jack gummies every year , i would sleep in mine the first night
Saddly i can't find a picture but very 70s early 80s - orange and other neon colours with white stripes on the top
....wait
i found a yellow pair 220px-Sailing_boots.jpg

I love your gummies! And that you slept in them the first night - love that even more! It's so exciting when you feel that strongly about something new as a child - it stays with you forever.

I know Karori & I know Vivian Street - I worked on Wigan Street right around the corner whilst i was there. Yeah, as much as Wellington was gorgeous in the summer & winter months, I always remember the damp to the bones spring & autumn. I viewed the most beautiful house once in Island Bay, stunningly beautiful right on the beach, but it was May & it was SO wet that I thought I could smell mould. I was like, yeah... jog on... :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your gummies! And that you slept in them the first night - love that even more! It's so exciting when you feel that strongly about something new as a child - it stays with you forever.

I know Karori & I know Vivian Street - I worked on Wigan Street right around the corner whilst i was there. Yeah, as much as Wellington was gorgeous in the summer & winter months, I always remember the damp to the bones spring & autumn. I viewed the most beautiful house once in Island Bay, stunningly beautiful right on the beach, but it was May & it was SO wet that I thought I could smell mould. I was like, yeah... jog on... :lol:

I always wanted to live in Seaton as it looked just like where i grew up in Dunedin (but a lot less exspensive) a few years ago we brought a trailer from a really posh street in Seaton and the street had a sewer leak - the whole place reaked :mrgreen2:
That trailer was so happy to come live in Linden :mrgreen2:
I also liked Hititi
But holy cow ! the first winter and we got those terrible storms and all the Wahine stories came out
The Wahine had happened a couple of years before i was born and i knew very little about it till i moved to Wellington but it would freak me out when people would say this is like the Wahine storm

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always wanted to live in Seaton as it looked just like where i grew up in Dunedin (but a lot less exspensive) a few years ago we brought a trailer from a really posh street in Seaton and the street had a sewer leak - the whole place reaked :mrgreen2:
That trailer was so happy to come live in Linden :mrgreen2:
I also liked Hititi
But holy cow ! the first winter and we got those terrible storms and all the Wahine stories came out
The Wahine had happened a couple of years before i was born and i knew very little about it till i moved to Wellington but it would freak me out when people would say this is like the Wahine storm

That's hysterical about the stink! But you're happy now? Do you get back to Dunedin often? I really miss NZ. My girls are so happy out in the wilderness & we are lucky to be so rural here, but I know in my heart of hearts that they will be Kiwi girls one day :kiss2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hunters are too narrow for me. I wear Bogs.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's hysterical about the stink! But you're happy now? Do you get back to Dunedin often? I really miss NZ. My girls are so happy out in the wilderness & we are lucky to be so rural here, but I know in my heart of hearts that they will be Kiwi girls one day :kiss2:

Saddly no
i only seem to go home for funnerals
I suffered terribly homesickness for years
more for the actually place than any family
It used to feel like a physical pain

but since i moved to Wanganui it feels sometimes a bit like Dunedin so i don't get it too much now
But my heart will always belong to Dunedin and everdently i never shut up about it :kiss2:

I must say with covid 19 i wish you were all here
it hasn't been perfect but especially here in Wanganui its been very safe

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve recently cleared out the garage, and I threw my wellies out. They were cream with pink soles and pink trim at the top and were covered in different coloured hearts. :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
We’ve recently cleared out the garage, and I threw my wellies out. They were cream with pink soles and pink trim at the top and were covered in different coloured hearts. :D

They sounded fun
hope they had had a good fun life

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

I've got a pair that are about double that age, still cranking along. I bought them in 2007, I'm pretty sure.

I have an extensive collection of Bean boots as well. The new englander in me could hardly go without.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just went for a rather pleasent walk in light rain, zero wind and completly forgot i now own an umbrella :doh:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gumboots sprang a leak last winter and I haven’t replaced them yet because we’ve moved to a different part of the city and there’s much less long (wet!) grass around where I walk the dogs.
I used to have a Moschino umbrella that was black on the outside and a blue sky on the inside. Sadly a gust of wind flipped it inside out and broke a rib so I bought a hot pink Blunt Metro whose bright colour makes me feel happy whenever I have to use it.
F7A8952D-3DB6-4033-9618-9AD2D2031746.jpeg

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I used to have a Moschino umbrella that was black on the outside and a blue sky on the inside. Sadly a gust of wind flipped it inside out and broke a rib
My favourite is this one. 20200623_153122.jpg

. Originally saw it at a Magritte expo in Liverpool. It is a MOMA one with black on the outside and this sky inside. I keep losing them though. And the quality keeps going down with every purchase!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My favourite is this one. 20200623_153122.jpg

. Originally saw it at a Magritte expo in Liverpool. It is a MOMA one with black on the outside and this sky inside. I keep losing them though. And the quality keeps going down with every purchase!

That is so beautiful !
I just love it !

Years ago i brought mum a really good quality one with a floral design like a painting, from a garden centre
I have no idea if she ever used it

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
I have these Burberry rain boots that I got 4 years ago that I've probably worn a total of...4 times :lol-2:
roscot-riding-rain-boot-original-197395.jpg

My umbrella, I got from Cirque du Soleil. It was raining when we were at the show last summer so we were given umbrellas..
IMG_20200707_2216397.jpg
IMG_20200707_2228213.jpg
IMG_20200707_2233057.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results