shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I resize my ring?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
My lovely E-Ring is sitting in the safe, where it's been for the last 1.5 years or so. I ended up having to get it cut off during my last pregnancy. It still didn't fit after pregnancy (I'm guessing a combination of bigger joints plus fat). Here I am, pregnant again, so it would be at least another year minimum before I'd be able to get it on again (that's IF my joints cooperate and I managed to get un-fat).

I'm thinking of just caving and having it resized. I didn't want to, because it was extra motivation for me to get back to my pre-baby #1 weight. But, at this point, I really miss wearing it. The problem, though, is what do I do after I lose weight? Have it resized again? Get a bead put in there?

What would you do?

susief

Shiny_Rock
I would get it sized so you can wear it now. Life's too short.

When you lose the weight, use sizing beads until you are a stable size, then get a permanent resize.

I would send it back to the original manufacturer if possible to get a really good quality job with the resizes though, even if it costs more and takes more time.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
susief|1454441670|3985750 said:
I would get it sized so you can wear it now. Life's too short.

When you lose the weight, use sizing beads until you are a stable size, then get a permanent resize.

I would send it back to the original manufacturer if possible to get a really good quality job with the resizes though, even if it costs more and takes more time.

It was a custom ring, made in the city where we used to live.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
My fingers grew a lot in my last trimester. Do you think that your fingers will grow beyond their current size in the near future? If so, I'd resize so I can wear the ring throughout my pregnancy, and then resize again about 6mos-1yr after the baby. I stopped wearing my rings around 32 weeks and didn't wear them again until 4-5 mos after my kid was born. I gained 45 lbs while pregnant, but thankfully lost it by 6 mos postpartum.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1454451492|3985830 said:
My fingers grew a lot in my last trimester. Do you think that your fingers will grow beyond their current size in the near future? If so, I'd resize so I can wear the ring throughout my pregnancy, and then resize again about 6mos-1yr after the baby. I stopped wearing my rings around 32 weeks and didn't wear them again until 4-5 mos after my kid was born. I gained 45 lbs while pregnant, but thankfully lost it by 6 mos postpartum.

I'm sure they will be very sausage-like in the 3rd trimester, and I don't mind not wearing them for a couple months once it gets to that point. It just seem so sad to not be able to wear them at all for another year, you know?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd wait until 6mos PP to just do one resize and just get a costume piece to wear in the meantime. I'm in the home stretch of pregnancy and have been wearing fun rings since second trimester. I see it as an opportunity to try new settings and cuts.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After four pregnancies in 4.5 years, I gained a lot of weight. My rings didn't fit, my fingers went from a 5.75 to a 7.5. Finally, after 15 months post-partum, I lost most of the weight and only have 10 lbs to go. I now wear a 7. So even though I am skinny again, and most of the weight is gone, I probably will never be able to wear a 5.75 again. So I vote to resize so you can wear your ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results