shape
carat
color
clarity

Shipping a ring from UK to USA

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry it is turning into such a nightmare. I can imagine your frustration. In case you've not already done this, would sending them the original invoice showing it was a US purchase help them to be less horrible?
I don’t have it unfortunately and told them that over a week ago. They then came back a week later and asked for it again. I have told them that if I’m liable for taxes then send an invoice/ letter and it will get paid. It still has not been sent. It has now been stuck in transit for 4 weeks despite me paying for a 3 day service and no communication whatsoever made with the receiver.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's terrible! 4 weeks is way too long. Do you have any idea what they are waiting on?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH no @SaphhireLover, what an awful nightmare for you. Keeping everything crossed this all gets sorted out quickly.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you end up paying custom fees in the US, there may be a way to reclaim them once the ring is sent back to you, as it’s not being permanently imported. Similar to international tourists reclaiming VAT at airports here on proof of a receipt and confirmation that they were only temporary visitors and so not liable? Hurts from a cash flow point of view, but wouldn’t affect your total cost long term at least.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have said all along that if I get charged customs, then so be it, earlier on in his saga I accepted I might end up being charged. What is driving me up the wall is that nobody (DHL or customs) have actually contacted me or DK to request information, its all from me phoning on a daily basis and that they haven’t sent a bill for taxes. I have no idea what the delay is. I have requested a bill for the customs so it can be paid and it hasn’t been sent.

I challenged DHL that they have lost my parcel, but they assured me that it is in the warehouse and the bar code on it is being scanned on a daily basis.

When I submit my claim I will also be including costs of phone calls. When I call DK it costs me about £9 ($11.50) each time and calling DHL costs 62p (81 cents) a minute and I am having to call on a daily basis.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have said all along that if I get charged customs, then so be it, earlier on in his saga I accepted I might end up being charged. What is driving me up the wall is that nobody (DHL or customs) have actually contacted me or DK to request information, its all from me phoning on a daily basis and that they haven’t sent a bill for taxes. I have no idea what the delay is. I have requested a bill for the customs so it can be paid and it hasn’t been sent.

I challenged DHL that they have lost my parcel, but they assured me that it is in the warehouse and the bar code on it is being scanned on a daily basis.

When I submit my claim I will also be including costs of phone calls. When I call DK it costs me about £9 ($11.50) each time and calling DHL costs 62p (81 cents) a minute and I am having to call on a daily basis.

I cannot believe this is still going on & they haven't delivered your ring to DK yet :???:

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot believe this is still going on & they haven't delivered your ring to DK yet :???:
Yep! Chirpy girl I spoke to today told me it’s on hold pending payment of $0.00 and then got very confused about it all.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It got there! 34 days later instead of the 4 days that I paid for!

Hooray!! But I hope you are putting a strongly worded letter together.....

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray!! But I hope you are putting a strongly worded letter together.....

I have kept a very detailed timeline which I will send next week when I get my latest telephone bill. I will be claiming for a refund of the original payment, cost of all calls and compensation for my time.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have kept a very detailed timeline which I will send next week when I get my latest telephone bill. I will be claiming for a refund of the original payment, cost of all calls and compensation for my time.

Happy for you, finally!

Did you end up incurring any Customs' duties and taxes?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY!!!! So relieved for you @SapphireLover !!! What an ordeal but glad it's a happy ending.

yayclapyay.gif

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
I'm so glad you got it there in the end! I can't believe what an ordeal it turned into though

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m so happy it worked out for you @SapphireLover! DHL is not what it use to be..I ordered a ring from a seller on IG in Germany. It’s been two months now and no ring. She has been wonderful following up periodically..telling me she’s been checking with them with no answer as to where it is. DHL put a search on the package but they still can’t find it..After two months she just refunded me. I promised her that if it showed up at my door I would let her know and give her the money back. She had another package that was also lost by them..She said it was a very high value item. I felt so bad for her but it wasn’t her fault. The ring was so pretty too. :(2

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I’m so happy it worked out for you @SapphireLover! DHL is not what it use to be..I ordered a ring from a seller on IG in Germany. It’s been two months now and no ring. She has been wonderful following up periodically..telling me she’s been checking with them with no answer as to where it is. DHL put a search on the package but they still can’t find it..After two months she just refunded me. I promised her that if it showed up at my door I would let her know and give her the money back. She had another package that was also lost by them..She said it was a very high value item. I felt so bad for her but it wasn’t her fault. The ring was so pretty too. :(2

That is devastating, small businesses can’t afford for to take a hit like that, even if items are insured, it could cause serious cash flow issues to some people. I was getting to the point that I was convinced that they’d lost my parcel, and was starting to get anxious about the fight to get an insurance pay out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results