shape
carat
color
clarity

Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
"The night of May 27, 2006 in Namibia, Africa, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt welcomed their daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. No further information is being given," publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a statement

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heard she was going to have a C section today but hadn''t seen anything updated!! Shiloh. Wonder what that means?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A quick google search....turned up interesting stuff. Should I have known that? BAD CATHOLIC. I''m recovering anyway.
2.gif

What does Shiloh mean?
The word Shiloh appears in Genesis 49:10. It means “The Ruler to Whom the people will submit”, and is regarded, in the Greek translation of the Old Testament, as the first reference to the coming of Christ.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
how do you say the name? like sheila?

i read that they were going to allow the governor of Nambia or something like that to name the baby.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
No....I think like Shi low

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I too think Shy-low. Dang, everyone in hollywood is giving birth!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love that name!! I think that name is so cute!!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure how to prounounce it either but sounds like a cool name. Shi-low Shil-low?? I wish them all the best.

alyson423

Rough_Rock
I remember from the Ken Burns Civil War series that Shiloh is also a Hebrew word that means "place of peace."

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Shiloh will probably be the most gorgeous creature on the face of the earth with those genes!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I suppose when she''s a rebellious teen, there will be the "Battle of Shiloh?"

Ah, Civil War humor.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe they're Neil Diamond fans? Anybody remember the song Shilo
emnote.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
marvel...yes....shiloh.....as in neil diamond......''shilo when i was young......''......

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving the name too!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I am so excited for them! And I agree, Shilo will no doubt be gorgeous with two parents so physically beautiful...and she will grow up learning compassion for others at an early age. What a blessed child!

I am thrilled that Brad got his dream fulfilled to be a father to a biological child of his own...
emrainbow.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Shiloh. I guess it could be worse, I actually don''t mind it. I read somewhere today that it means the Messiah. I''m not at all into biblical references so don''t know how true that is. I just can''t wait to see the most beautiful baby in the world!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
On a different note, did you guys hear that alot of these stars are getting C sections and then getting mini tummy tucks on the spot? I forgot who I head this from, but I think it was Kelly on LIve with Regis and Kelly, who admitted to doing this with all three of her kids. Apparently, that is the new trend in Hollywood!

They do this so that it is easier to lose the tummy after the baby. Also, alot are doing it right when the baby is about due, say 36 to 37 weeks, so that those late stretch marks don''t creep in at the last moment.

In fact, I don''t think there is any actress that has given birth lately who hasn''t had a C section, except for Gwyneth and Jennifer Gardner, although of course I can''t be certain.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I thought Shiloh was a Civil War battlefield and a song from that era as well...I know in the South we called it "Shy-loh"

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 9:00:56 AM
Author: butterfly 17
On a different note, did you guys hear that alot of these stars are getting C sections and then getting mini tummy tucks on the spot? I forgot who I head this from, but I think it was Kelly on LIve with Regis and Kelly, who admitted to doing this with all three of her kids. Apparently, that is the new trend in Hollywood!

They do this so that it is easier to lose the tummy after the baby. Also, alot are doing it right when the baby is about due, say 36 to 37 weeks, so that those late stretch marks don''t creep in at the last moment.

In fact, I don''t think there is any actress that has given birth lately who hasn''t had a C section, except for Gwyneth and Jennifer Gardner, although of course I can''t be certain.
Yes, butterfly, I am a L&D nurse, and I have to say- its not only celebrities that are having elective c-sections..everyday people like you and I are coming in for primary elective sections with absolutely no medical indications at all- they just dont want to have a normal delivery for various reasons-cosmetics, work committments, etc... our c-section rate at the hospital I work in is 45%!!! Although it is one of the biggest OB facilities on the east coast- so our volume and our acuity is extremely high- so the number is probably skewed a little bit, but still, its CRAZY!!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 10:43:05 AM
Author: Dani

Yes, butterfly, I am a L&D nurse, and I have to say- its not only celebrities that are having elective c-sections..everyday people like you and I are coming in for primary elective sections with absolutely no medical indications at all- they just dont want to have a normal delivery for various reasons-cosmetics, work committments, etc... our c-section rate at the hospital I work in is 45%!!! Although it is one of the biggest OB facilities on the east coast- so our volume and our acuity is extremely high- so the number is probably skewed a little bit, but still, its CRAZY!!!
Does this bother anyone else? That our culture is so self-absorbed that we can''t take time off to have a baby?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
An elective c-section. Wow, I can''t imagine. I feel very lucky to have been able to give birth to all 4 of my kids without so much as an incision, not even an episiotomy. Of course had a c-section been necessary for medical reasons, then bring it on. Whatever is best for the baby. But to elect to have surgery?? Wow.

I read also that a lot of the moms in hollywood choose csection so their hips won''t spread from giving birth. Must be a really tough amout of pressure to be in that proffession.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
So that''s their secret!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Did anyone else automatically think of the children''s book Shiloh, about an abandoned dog? I''m glad to hear there are other meanings too!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 3:14:15 PM
Author: Allisonfaye

Does this bother anyone else? That our culture is so self-absorbed that we can''t take time off to have a baby?
I didn''t think you were allowed to just choose one. I have had 2 kids (in the last 2 yrs) by c-section. first one, not by my choice, 2nd was a strong reccomendation by the doc bc they were close pregnancies. But he told me they don''t let people do this anymore.

Maybe it is aregional choice.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
From what I''ve heard (never given birth myself so pls correct me if I''m wrong) it actually takes longer to recover from a C-section. So sure, you don''t have to go through the painful delivery but you pay for it aftewards by recovering from major surgery.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
you''re right, sparkster. a c-section is a big surgery. most women who have uncomplicated vaginal deliveries stay in the hospital for 24-48 hours whereas women who have c-sections stay 72 hours. i know the c-section rate is on the rise, but i didn''t think women were allowed to choose a c-section just for personal preference. i thought there needed to be a medical indication, but maybe some physicians are pretty lax about the indications. there are a lot more high risk pregnancies out there which i think is increasing the c-section rate too. also many ob''s seem to discourage vbac''s (vaginal birth after cesarean) now so once you''ve had one you may be sort of stuck with that birth method.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2006 11:35:15 PM
Author: Sophie

Date: 5/28/2006 3:14:15 PM
Author: Allisonfaye

They do this so that it is easier to lose the tummy after the baby. Also, alot are doing it right when the baby is about due, say 36 to 37 weeks, so that those late stretch marks don't creep in at the last moment.

In fact, I don't think there is any actress that has given birth lately who hasn't had a C section, except for Gwyneth and Jennifer Gardner, although of course I can't be certain.
Does this bother anyone else? That our culture is so self-absorbed that we can't take time off to have a baby?
I didn't think you were allowed to just choose one. I have had 2 kids (in the last 2 yrs) by c-section. first one, not by my choice, 2nd was a strong reccomendation by the doc bc they were close pregnancies. But he told me they don't let people do this anymore.

Maybe it is aregional choice.
Sophie-

You may be correct, where you live may have something to do with it, and definitely who your OB is has even more to do with it, but there has been a lot of controversy (especially lately) over this issue....however insurance companies ARE paying for primary elective c-sections (with no medical indication) nowadays, and I believe even ACOG (American Association of Ob/Gyn's- the "guru" of our field) reccommends giving a woman an elective c-section if she requests one...Nowadays, women are more in charge of their bodies and what they want to do in terms of the delivery process....I dont know how a physician can simply tell a woman she has no choice in regard to her delivery options- it is her body. Where I live (NY metro area), primary elecitve c/s's are a daily occurence....

And to be perfectly honest, there are complications with normal deliveries too- as a whole, c-sections are riskier for the mother- bleeding, infections, usually longer recovery,etc. But on the other side- a traumatic "normal" delivery can bring about a lot of problems too- especially for the woman later on in life. Also, it is generally riskier for the baby (fetal distress) during the long labor and delivery process.....

Some women come in and deliver so easily, with minimal complications. And then there are others that arent so lucky... Call me crazy, I know I am probably tainted (and I might get flamed for this
3.gif
) but I would take a primary c-section over a complicated,traumatic normal delivery anyday....just knowing what could happen kills me...

Ahh, ignorance is bliss.....
2.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
DH said he thinks of a dog (I guess there was a movie with a dog named Shiloh in it). Shiloh is also a city and a civil war battle.

I kind of like the name. I didn''t at first, but now I think it''s unique (they are unique people!). I don''t like the middle name, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results