shape
carat
color
clarity

Second Hand Bridesmaid Dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a great online resource like preowned for bm dresses?

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
besides googling the style and designer + craigslist or bravobride.com or theknot.com or preowndedweddingdresses.com or oncewed.com I dont think so

An option would be to buy them online for a lot less. I bought from netbride and the dresses were like ~160 and the bridal salon wanted to charge ~220-240.00

Hope this helps!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions stephanie. Crazy that no one has started this. I mean, bm dresses are much more likely to be never thought of again vs. the wedding dress that people have to have pried from their closets.

I bought one for a wedding TWO years ago, from Ann Taylor. They are still selling the exact same style.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I saw several at a consignment shop the other day but I don''t know of any online vendors who deal in preowned bm dresses. You are right ... that IS a great idea. The bms who will never wear it again get the option of recouping some money from selling it to the vendor and the to be bms get a great discount when having to buy a bm dress.

I guess the difficult thing to control for is the numbers. Say you have only 1 or 2 of a particular dress in a particular color is a specific size etc what happens to the rest of the bridal party and what if the dye lots are obviously off and so on and so forth ... I guess at first it sounds like a grand idea but as you get down to the nitty gritty it can get far more complicated and less profitable. I guess the whole preowned wedding dress thing has taken off because you only have to find one in the right size to make it work, right?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sabrina Ann has a few and I sometimes run across a lot of dresses on ebay. I think the numbers are hard.

Have you checked bluefly? They have a pretty good selection of dresses. Not used, of course, but you might find something cheaper there than in stores.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would check J. Crew''s website, too-their bridesmaid dresses go on sale eventually and depending on how set you are on a color you could definitely find some deals there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results