shape
carat
color
clarity

Save The Dates???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
I''m kind of stumped on this one. I''m not sure where to look for save the dates...if I should look online, if I shoulkd look in stores, if I should see them in person, etc. So, I came to you, my lovely PS''ers.

Where would you recommend looking for save the dates? Would you recommend the place where you got your save the dates? (I''m in the DC area if that matters.)

Polar E Bear

Rough_Rock
Hello, fellow DC bride! I think you can get save the dates most places you can get invitations. We haven''t gotten invitations yet, but I got my dress at Hitched Salon in Georgetown (on Wisconsin Ave), and they had some nice invitations on display there. Again, we haven''t used them because we haven''t gotten to invitations yet, so I don''t know how expensive they''d be, but they looked lovely if you want to check them out!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi april, i ordered mine from americanwedding.com
they are very reasonable, basic but of decent quality. my reasoning is it''s just to inform guests of the date, our wedding website, and that they are invited--so the invitation can be fancy schmancy and what i spend more $ and effort on. i remember receiving save the dates in the past and just noting the date but not paying much attention to much else.
i''m sending mine out 6-7 mo''s in advance (soon! yikes need addresses) with invites going out 3 mo''s prior. Many of my guests will be OOT.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I did a photocard STD on snapfish.com. 60 for $33!!! And they look very professional and well done.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I printed my own on cardstock, 4 per sheet, then trimmed and put them in invitation envelopes from Staples. It was relatively easy, simple, and elegant. My FI was "anti-magnet" for some reason and I didn''t want to decide on a stationary line yet.

LaLaDozier

Rough_Rock
I cheated on those! I wasnt going to do them, then all of a sudden I decided I should, just for my younger friends, not my parents friends. What I did was, I went to a Kinkos store. They have invitations that you can print onto. I got some that had two invitations per sheet. They were really cheap, then I went home and for my friends from my hometown that I planned on inviting to all my showers and parties, I did a ''Save the Dates'' card. It didnt have hotel info on it. Then I did a save the date card for my college friends, that live 1 hour away, i figured since i was having a morning wedding they could all drive home. And then a save the date with hotel info for friends that live far away. It was cheap, they were really cute, if you do a cute font and stuff. But because i was short on time i had to be resourseful! And i got a lot of complements on them! Hope that helps!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I had DIY cards with magnets I ordered online, but I think it all depends on what you want! There are so many options out there. If you are on a tight budget, I have heard great things about Vistaprint.

If money is no object, my vote is custom letterpress...
31.gif
11.gif
9.gif

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I looked at stores and online, I ordered from mygatsby.com...but we had to postpone our wedding so the new STDs will be done by a graphic designer

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine through my florist because she also does invitations.

You could always check out Carlson Craft. They have an extensive selection on their website--that''s the company that did mine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results