shape
carat
color
clarity

Save the Date Cards

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I would like to include hotel information with these cards--how have others done this? Insert? couple lines at the bottom of the STD? thanks!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I think either way is fine--we just got a STD that had an insert with the hotel info. The STD itself was a magnet, so we used it to put the hotel info on the fridge : )

We''re having a magnet and I''m directing everyone to our website where we will have hotel info. I may make an accompanying insert as well though.

HTH!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I did an insert...

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hey DTNYC! how did you do the insert, did you put it together yourself or have someone else take care of it?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I just put it together myself- I didn''t do anything super-fancy, my STD''s were super-simple shutterfly cards, one-sided, so there had to be something else w/ the hotel info. We were engaged for barely 10 months & had our wedding on Memorial Day weekend, so I had to get these out 6 months before. It seemed relatively early in the planning stages and I hadn''t made many decisions yet regarding paper products, so I kept it simple- also I didn''t want to blow the budget on them! There is a lot more to pay for!
If I had a more time to figure things out I might have gotten a little more creative and I also probably would have used coverstock for the inserts and not just plain color printer paper. My picture of the insert isn''t that great- but it was smaller than the STD because I didn''t want to have to be anal about cutting them.
Now that I think about how I did my programs and OOTG newsletters and favor tags and how I invested in a paper cutter, etc. I realize I could have done something that was a little more exciting, but I also think that people probably just put the pic of us up on their fridges, and then stuck the insert in their planners, etc. to make the hotel arrangements.

This was our STD:
save-the-date.jpg

STD w/ insert:
svtdtinfo_edited.jpg

This is the out-of-town guest booklet I did for the guest bags (so you can see I carried the crab graphic through to something else- also we did chocolate crabs as favors w/ our monogram embossed on pink &green tags) rehearsal dinner invites had the little crabs too.
nwlrft.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I listed a website at the bottom of the STD card, and put wedding info, including hotels, online.

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I attached my magnet STD to a folded card that had the info inside. I attached the magnet to the front, but you could also put a design or something on the front, with the STD on one side of the inside and info on the other. You know what else would be cute...A folded card with some sort of pocket to hold the STD.

Here''s the inside of mine:

psstdfinalinside.jpg

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
thanks, how''d you get it printed? On line sites do not offer the option to add all that extra info. did you use someone or do this yourself?

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Janine - I printed the insides myself. Just try a few to make sure that they will feed properly through your printer. I had the magnets made, but not from the cheapest place. If you shop around, you would be able to get a good deal. I think there are a few threads around here about that...

ETA: If you don't want magnets, you could still attach your paper STDs to the front, like a really nice greeting card!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results