shape
carat
color
clarity

RSVPs

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Our "RSVP by" date was Monday. Out of the 82 invitations sent, we've received 39 RSVPs. Less than half. I don't get it- how hard is it to write your name, check a few boxes, put the card into the addressed, stamped envelope, and put it in the mail? That question is partially rhetorical and partially serious.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, apparently some people find the RSVP process difficult or thinks it's not necessary. Not too sure why, though. It seems like you got a pretty low response rate. Looks like it's time to make a few phone calls (as if you and FI don't already have enough to do!).

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I think part of the problem is we have a destination wedding. We sent the save the dates back in March, and many people told us back then whether or not they'd be going. So I'm guessing some people feel that since they responded then, there's no need to RSVP now. Which doesn't make it any less annoying.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry your guests are so uncooperative! It's one thing to decline without writing a personal note, but another thing entirely to simply not respond. Hope you'll get an answer from them soon.

ETA: Read your last post. I guess it's less bad if these guests already told you, especially if they told you they wouldn't be able to make it. I mean, it's still rude not to formally RSVP, but a lot of people still don't understand Save the Dates, so maybe they think they already did. Can you just reach out to them (maybe by e-mail, if it's quicker for you) and confirm? Hopefully that will at least save you some time.

I have a feeling I'll be dealing with the same thing next year!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yeah, that would annoy me...

your wedding is in late Nov though? maybe they thought they didn't need to respond yet? or because they told you when they got the save-the-date card that they didn't need to RSVP? (not that this is an excuse!)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
slg47|1319131273|3044252 said:
yeah, that would annoy me...

your wedding is in late Nov though? maybe they thought they didn't need to respond yet? or because they told you when they got the save-the-date card that they didn't need to RSVP? (not that this is an excuse!)

We purposely sent out the invitations a little earlier than normal so people would have a chance to book their travel in case they still wanted to go. We don't need to give a final head count for another 4 weeks...and the RSVPs are still trickling in (we get maybe 2 a day). It's just obnoxious when you spend the time and money to make it as easy for your guests as possible to respond...and they don't. Okay, rant over :)

This all just falls under the "common courtesy" umbrella for me.

Oh yeah, we also have a few guests who have RSVPd through email. I mean fine, it achieves the same goal...but why not just use what was supplied?

4ever

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1319133937|3044291 said:
Oh yeah, we also have a few guests who have RSVPd through email. I mean fine, it achieves the same goal...but why not just use what was supplied?

They want to keep the pretty paper.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results