shape
carat
color
clarity

Round the Clock Shower-3 am gift?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I have been invited to a Round the Clock shower for a family friend. Bride is 25-26 years old. I have the 3 am time and want to bring a gift that is creative and fun but not too racy (a little risque is okay). What do our future brides think?

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What is a "round-the-clock" shower? I''ve never heard of that. If that means something she''d use at 3:00 a.m., I''d suggest a dual alarm clock, a nice comfy blanket, or a cute nightlight.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm. THREE a.m. ... what about an omelette pan/spatula/apron set ... or a similar crepes-making kit -- for whipping up early, early am "intermission" brekkies??
31.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I can think of is a sleeping mask and some slink to wear it with. 3am is a hard one! For me that's either dead asleep and snoring or standing in front of the coffee maker urging it to brew faster.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pillow... I''m boring. Who has secksy time at 3?
41.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2009 7:08:41 PM
Author: JulieN
41.gif

No one in my relationship, that''s for sure!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 7:39:09 PM
Author: Addy

41.gif

No one in my relationship, that''s for sure!
Ditto! FI knows better than to make this move...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dang, I''m still awake sometimes at 3am, but FI is completely asleep. So...I''m not sure. What type of shower is this? A respectable shower with grandma or something racier with younger ladies?

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Frekechild, I don''t think that Grandma will be there but there will be lots of parents of the bridal party so somewhat respectable. A bit racy, however, might be fun and not out of line.

I''m doing nothing but sleeping at 3am but who knows with newlyweds? I like the idea of omlette goodies. A friend told me that at hers one couple gave she and her FI a pair of PJs-the prospective bride got the bottom and soon to be husband got the top. Clever!

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I''m really enjoying them.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I like the omelet idea or what about a pizza pan, pizza cutter and some fun glasses or plates? 3AM to me is coming home from the bar and heating up whatever is in the freezer and having a feast!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I like the omelette goodies idea as well! Late night breakfast food is the best!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
a sleep sound machine thingy that makes various sounds while you sleep, comfy pillows and really nice sheets or a blanket, alarmm clock or ipod docking station alarm clock, sleep mask, pjs...

...what a cool idea for a shower!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking a nice blanket or sheets too. But Deco''s idea is much more clever.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''d like to get a pretty but sexy nightgown and robe, because although I''m normally up all night (or close to it) I''d like to have those if I did sleep at night. I like Deco''s idea too though!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I had an around the clock shower!!!

Is the bride registered? Has she registered for pillows/sheets etc? That could be good!

Otherwise I would go for some lingerie for sure!!!

As someone who had one, I found (as did my sister/organizer) that people got stuck and ended up buying a lot of ''stuff'' just to fit the theme, as opposed to stuff that I had registered for so I ended up with a lot of stuff that isn''t super easy to use. For example, a lot of the early morning times brought breakfast ''kits'' that were super cute, but they had things like special orange juice glasses (only 2) that are hard to add to my kitchen mix- you know? (again - I''m not wanting to sound ungrateful for the gifts - but some were more useable than others).

There were some really cute ideas though, but my sister definitely felt after that the concept was lost.

I didn''t mean to say anything negative about the idea, but just wanted to give some input on what worked/didn''t for mine.

So I personally would try to find some night-time stuff on her registry and maybe add in a racy book or something, or I''d get lingerie!!

The cool thing about the around the clock shower is that the bride will get a bit of everything without having just one theme. Kitchen, linens and lingerie!!!

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
I knew that you guys would have good ideas! So much to choose from.

OctoberBride has me thinking that I will check where she is registered and then work in some of your excellent suggestions.

Thanks everyone.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
pillow... I'm boring. Who has secksy time at 3?
41.gif

Not us. Well, not since the early days of the relationship.
31.gif

What about a SNUGGIE!?! The only thing I'm usually doing at 3am if I'm awake is watching infomercials for things like the Snuggie or the Sham-wow or the Total Gym.

But seriously, I second the idea of something like a comfy blanket or some racy lingerie.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Whiskey? Ambien?

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
hahaha, the first thing that came to mind for me was melatonin, so i asked my husband, and he said condoms. we''re useless!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 12:14:46 AM
Author: Iowa Lizzy

41.gif

31.gif

What about a SNUGGIE!?! The only thing I''m usually doing at 3am if I''m awake is watching infomercials for things like the Snuggie or the Sham-wow or the Total Gym.

But seriously, I second the idea of something like a comfy blanket or some racy lingerie.

oh my.. that is so true!!
So if it was my best friend (only because we have that humor) it would be a night mask, a bottle of advil and a glass for water. lol, sometimes i don''t know how our men put up with us.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 6:11:22 AM
Author: doodle
hahaha, the first thing that came to mind for me was melatonin, so i asked my husband, and he said condoms. we''re useless!
Wouldn''t it be funny if those items were on their registry alongside Whiskey, Ambien & two Snuggies.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 12:14:46 AM
Author: Iowa Lizzy

41.gif

31.gif

What about a SNUGGIE!?! The only thing I''m usually doing at 3am if I''m awake is watching infomercials for things like the Snuggie or the Sham-wow or the Total Gym.

We registered for the Sham-wow! We were in a registry daze at BB&B, and we saw that in the aisle and started laughing. Then I said, "You know, all kidding aside, I''d like to have those! We have to register for it just to see who will buy it!" and he pointed the gun.

It might be my "favorite" item on the registry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results