shape
carat
color
clarity

Rooftop Proposal NYC

DaveMutant

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to make my proposal! Unfortunately, I've spent so long getting the ring right, I'm running out of time for the event itself.

At worst case I could find somewhere nice to propose and just do it pretty traditionally, although I did have my eyes on finding a rooftop or balcony with a view of the city. The only trouble is that I have no idea how to organise this. Ideally I'd like the rooftop to be pre-decorated so we'd just turn up.

Anyone have any ideas how I can make this happen? It's kinda frustrating, and I know this wouldn't be a problem if I lived in New York, but I'm in Canada so it's a bit harder to organise and check out rooftops or people who could organise this service.

Thanks in advance!

elisabeth_mimi

Rough_Rock
Hi Dave,

First of all, I think your proposal sounds wonderful! It's a little hard to help as I don't know your budget or what your vision is exactly... I found this article upon a Google search. Perhaps it will help?

http://www.fodors.com/news/story_5467.html
http://www.oyster.com/new-york-city/hotels/roundups/best-rooftop-bars/

I would start by researching what exactly you are wanting and looking for. Do you want it to be just the two of you?
I would start calling some rooftop bars and eateries from those two lists and see who can help you... i'm sure they would be more than willing to do whatever needs to be done for your proposal to go as planned.

Good luck! :))

DaveMutant

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I've come up with a revised plan. The rooftop still wouldn't be decorated, but it does have a great view of the NY skyline.

I was thinking about a 3 hour limousine tour of NY where we could stop and take pictures of things on the way and then arriving at the rooftop for the proposal..where there would be flowers and champagne for the proposal, and then on to a fine restaurant to celebrate?

What do you think?

Does the limousine tour make it cheesy? I'm scared that it does, although I don't really think it does. Would be good to get more opinions

Lady5

Rough_Rock
That doesn't sound cheesy to me at all. I think any girl would love to be taken around in a limo for the night to see the city! Beats taking a cab any day! NY has a way about it that just sort of captures you in the moment. Great plan!

green_46

Rough_Rock
Hello guys!! I want to book best roof top bar nyc for my first wedding anniversary. I want to give a surprise to my husband and need best place. So please recommend me.

It's a great idea to have your proposal at a nyc rooftop and after you can walk in the streets of ny and have a great time

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results