shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring on the Real Desperate Houswives of the OC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 12:39:57 AM
Author: diamondfan
I just get into the show in bits and pieces, and wanted to know how Slade got his money? Was he actually engaged to Jo, with a ring and everything?
I think he''s in insurance, too. Found this charming quote about him on google:

"At the age of 32, 33 is probably when I first got a taste of the seven figures. Then you kind of fall into a thing where it''s just adding zeros." Slade.

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2007 5:24:30 PM
Author: jcrow

deco, don''t forget the cartier trinity & the benz....
O~ & don''t you forget the diamond Rolex.

I love watching this show...so entertaining! LOL

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
when does this come on?

I have seen it before, but for the life of me
can''t remember what network or what night.

these women are all trying so hard to look
young, but come off looking like they are trying too hard.
I know it''s hard to age, still have a good figure and not want
to wear old lady clothes! How old are these girls anyway?
Hard to tell huh?
personally, I don''t like seeing an older lady in teeny
bopper clothes. Just looks stupid and cheap.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 6:02:18 PM
Author: Ann
when does this come on?

Bravo, Tuesdays 10/9 c. However, the 2nd season finale was this week. Next week is a ''reunion'' show.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2007 6:02:18 PM
Author: Ann
when does this come on?

these women are all trying so hard to look
young, but come off looking like they are trying too hard.
I know it''s hard to age, still have a good figure and not want
to wear old lady clothes! How old are these girls anyway?
Hard to tell huh?
personally, I don''t like seeing an older lady in teeny
bopper clothes. Just looks stupid and cheap.
Precisely the same reason I don''t like seeing men in toupees. LOL! I don''t know...I don''t mind seeing women take good care of themselves and dress to accentuate the features they have that are still well-preserved, so to speak, but what bothers me is seeing women who look like they pulled something out of their teenage daughter''s closet to wear. There is sort of a fine line between looking like you care about yourself and looking like you care way too much about what other people think, you know?

When I was 27 (I''m almost 30 now) my DH said to me "it must be getting hard for you to shop--you can''t go to the teenybopper stores anymore, but you''re not old enough to shop where my sisters go" (Talbots, etc.).
29.gif
I was insulted but didn''t let him know it, but in a way he was right...I was at a point in life where I WAS sort of in-between, most of our friends were starting families, I was moving up in my career path, it just wasn''t appropriate any longer for me to be wearing cutesie stuff from the Juniors'' department, nor was it time for me (or financially feasible) for me to start getting into higher fashion/designer pieces, or Talbots-type very tailored clothing. Thank goodness there are those in-between departments at department stores, and I love J.Crew now for it''s classic pieces and tall sizes. And trust me, I will never be going back to the Jr. department. Ever. I especially can''t imagine doing that when I''m 45!

I have been watching this show again this season...I am glued to this "alternate" reality every time it comes on, honestly.
9.gif
It has been interesting for me to watch Jo in particular...my DH is 7 yrs. older than me and I met him when I was 24, and he was and still is very much the ''caretaker'' type and wants to kind of "guide" me...it''s definitely been a point of contention for us. I do think Jo and Slade make a pretty good couple, and I hope that it doesn''t take her too long to figure out that partying isn''t everything and after a bit you get a little burnt out. The other ladies I just love to see what they''re wearing, what jewelry they have on, etc. It''s a fun show, if a bit pretentious, but I like that the editing at least shows some of their "human" moments, lol.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Speaking of their jewelry...Anyone notice the chandelier earrings the other blonde lady (not Lauri) was wearing. Were those canary briolettes????

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
I have to confess I''m addicted to this show, too. It''s one of two things I TiVo so I won''t miss it. It''s like watching a slow moving train wreck.
It''s the disconnect between how great these characters think they are and the way they think people just have to be looking at them with envy and the reality of their pathetic lives.

I used to love to read the snark on Television Without Pity about the show until someone on the show complained about it and made them close the thread.(which might have something to do with theTWoP website is being bought out by the Bravo Network).

One of my favorite comments came from a reviewer in the San Diego Newspaper about the (would be) baseball player son of Jeana - Shane.
Despite his family''s confidence that he would go straight to the pros his career seems stalled at the junior college level.
On the last show he was starting to look for a job.

Naturally, this kid was sporting huge diamond earrings - probably two carats per ear or larger - just like the pros wear.

The reviewer said "It''s tough trying to live up to your earrings"

I think about that about every ballplayer I see wearing ''em nowadays with a low batting average, etc.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 9:51:21 AM
Author: tanuki
I have to confess I'm addicted to this show, too. It's one of two things I TiVo so I won't miss it. It's like watching a slow moving train wreck.
It's the disconnect between how great these characters think they are and the way they think people just have to be looking at them with envy and the reality of their pathetic lives.

I used to love to read the snark on Television Without Pity about the show until someone on the show complained about it and made them close the thread.(which might have something to do with theTWoP website is being bought out by the Bravo Network).

One of my favorite comments came from a reviewer in the San Diego Newspaper about the (would be) baseball player son of Jeana - Shane.
Despite his family's confidence that he would go straight to the pros his career seems stalled at the junior college level.
On the last show he was starting to look for a job.

Naturally, this kid was sporting huge diamond earrings - probably two carats per ear or larger - just like the pros wear.

The reviewer said 'It's tough trying to live up to your earrings'

I think about that about every ballplayer I see wearing 'em nowadays with a low batting average, etc.
When I saw the topic heading, these were going to be my exact words. I watch it whenever I'm flipping through and it comes on. Keeps me grounded. I'll take my "measely" 3800 sq.ft. home with a devoted husband, 3 wonderfully normal kids and a big fat dog in the backyard any day!
2.gif

liaspar

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/16/2007 11:46:21 PM
Author: Miranda
Speaking of their jewelry...Anyone notice the chandelier earrings the other blonde lady (not Lauri) was wearing. Were those canary briolettes????

YES! I loved them! Vickie''s earrings were gorgeous. Here''s a shot of them.

oc_earrings.jpg

liaspar

Rough_Rock
I am so addicted to this trainwreck of a show! I''ve attached a shot of Lauri''s ring below. Looks to me like a traditional solitaire round brilliant.

Have you heard what happened to George''s last fiancee? He was engaged to her, met Lauri, called off the engagement, and is now SUING the poor woman to get back the six-carat VS1 diamond valued at $200,000 he gave her. California is a state where ownership of the ring depends on who called off the engagement (it''s considered an "implied conditional gift"). So good luck with that, fool.

George is one slug of a human being. He''s mired up in some awful mud-slinging in an ongoing custody battle with his ex-wife Gina. What''s more, the woman has actually taken in Josh, Lauri''s delinquent son!!

Here''s a story from the OC Register about his awfulness:
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/columns/article_1574421.php

I must add also that I''m not such a gossip in real life; but this is a reality tv show. I mean really, those with the narcissicm to agree to be on it should be properly rewarded with such attention.
20.gif
17.gif
1.gif

oc_ring3.jpg

liaspar

Rough_Rock
And another shot.

oc_ring4.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i love how they have the same nail job.
sheesh. i had no idea about george. sounds like a mess.

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
i am an acquaintance with a gal whose children attend school with mine. she''s a couple of years older than i am, probably 45, but is very petite and pretty. BUT she has a bad complexion(due to teen acne i believe) and has always worn a great deal of make-up to "mask" it. the clincher-she''s now aging, wrinkling, and still dresses in jr. clothing. people in our school/church community comment how stylish she is-she''s very tiny, probably a size zero if that but she looks RIDICULOUS in some of the get-ups she wears-colored fishnets, strange shoes, short skirts. she has the figure, very tiny but looks like she''s dressing up. so, even tho these OC gals are a bit over the top, i think of this gal and they actually look a little better!(who wants to see aging cleavage anyway?) i am from a small mid-western "cow town" so the idea of fashion here is well...different than what many think fashionable is. when we travel, i always love seeing the sophistication of city wear and basic black
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh sweet mother of bling!!!! That''s what I''m talkin'' about!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
That diamond doesn''t look big enough to be a 5+ carat diamond... how big are her fingers?

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 6:15:49 PM
Author: ForteKitty
That diamond doesn''t look big enough to be a 5+ carat diamond... how big are her fingers?
I was thinking the same thing! It looks pretty colorless, though.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2007 3:04:02 PM
Author: snowflakeluvr
i am an acquaintance with a gal whose children attend school with mine. she''s a couple of years older than i am, probably 45, but is very petite and pretty. BUT she has a bad complexion(due to teen acne i believe) and has always worn a great deal of make-up to ''mask'' it. the clincher-she''s now aging, wrinkling, and still dresses in jr. clothing. people in our school/church community comment how stylish she is-she''s very tiny, probably a size zero if that but she looks RIDICULOUS in some of the get-ups she wears-colored fishnets, strange shoes, short skirts. she has the figure, very tiny but looks like she''s dressing up. so, even tho these OC gals are a bit over the top, i think of this gal and they actually look a little better!(who wants to see aging cleavage anyway?) i am from a small mid-western ''cow town'' so the idea of fashion here is well...different than what many think fashionable is. when we travel, i always love seeing the sophistication of city wear and basic black
2.gif

Some of these women look like they are in costumes.
Ok, I am 52. But I do not buy my clothes at Talbots.
I''m still kinda thin (5''7" 118lbs) I buy most of my things
at Banana Republic, Black & White, Saks and Nordstroms. I do not shop the Junior depts.
All those tiny little tops, super low jeans, pale washed out lips, I dunno,
just screams Look at Me, I''m Hot! I don''t see women my age like that where I live (Houston)
mostly it''s more classic individual style, not what every 20 something is wearing.
(ok, my daughter is 22 and wears the cutest stuff, but that''s for her, not me)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results