shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring has been finalized/purchased!!!

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Yesterday I came home to find my boyfriend gone, along with the receipt for the deposit he had put down on my diamond almost 4 weeks ago. After the deposit was put down to hold that diamond, he had 30 days to make a payment to continue to hold it, pay it off and have it mounted, or not make a payment and let it go. Well, yesterday he paid the diamond off, paid for the setting and now I wait :appl: !!!! I just wanted to let you all know!!!

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Thats so exciting!!! I hope you don't have to wait long!!! Do you have any clue what kind of setting you are getting?

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
Thanks!!! Yes, actually we picked the setting together. The setting is a round brilliant solitaire diamond set on a pave band. The setting is actually being "made". I saw a wedding band that I really liked and our jeweler is setting the diamond on it. The other pave band settings I saw in house weren't exactly what I wanted. Most of them had milgrain or some other kind of engraving or "extras" that I didn't want. I just wanted a simple pave band, with my diamond. If that makes sense. The picture below is basically what my setting will be. This is the picture I showed our jeweler when we were looking for a setting.

coast.jpg

jlp86

Shiny_Rock
That completely makes sense! I am so excited for you! My BF and I are having mine made as well, not sure if you read my thread or not, but I completely understanding wanting something with not so much to it haha I am excited to hear when you receive it!! yay its gorgeous!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
congratulations :) sounds very exciting! I also had a custom setting made because I could not find exactly what I wanted.

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
jlp86|1314228932|2998586 said:
That completely makes sense! I am so excited for you! My BF and I are having mine made as well, not sure if you read my thread or not, but I completely understanding wanting something with not so much to it haha I am excited to hear when you receive it!! yay its gorgeous!

I'm glad you understood my ramblings! I get so excited and sometimes I don't even understand what I write! That's exciting that you are doing custom!!! I wouldn't say mine is exactly custom, since they're just taking the head from one setting and putting it on another band, but close enough I suppose lol. I can't wait to receive it and show you all!

aliceinwonderland

Shiny_Rock
Yay! A thousand times yay! Hopefully your wait is super short.

Alice

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!! I'm so excited for you- it's a lovely design :)

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
How VERY excitinggggg!!!! I hope it's on your finger very soon!

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
Ooohh!!! Congratulations!! I know it's so hard to wait, but it's so worth it!! Here's to hoping your wait isn't much longer!

******************DUST*********************

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! This waiting part will be the hardest but it will be completely worth it :)

sjm

Rough_Rock
:appl: yaaaay!!! soo exciting!! Any ideas how long it will take them to do the work on the ring or suspicions as to when you may get it?

OrchidVee

Rough_Rock
sjm said:
:appl: yaaaay!!! soo exciting!! Any ideas how long it will take them to do the work on the ring or suspicions as to when you may get it?

I'm not sure how long it will take. I wasn't with him when he went and paid for the ring, so I wasn't there to ask. Kirt isn't keeping that from me because he doesn't want me to know that he has picked up the ring, has it, or when I will get it. While I want to know all of that, it's very exciting not knowing. I get to have my surprise and Kirt gets to enjoy planning it all. HOPEFULLY it's not too long though haha.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
OrchidVee|1314314681|2999700 said:
sjm said:

I'm not sure how long it will take. I wasn't with him when he went and paid for the ring, so I wasn't there to ask. Kirt isn't keeping that from me because he doesn't want me to know that he has picked up the ring, has it, or when I will get it. While I want to know all of that, it's very exciting not knowing. I get to have my surprise and Kirt gets to enjoy planning it all. HOPEFULLY it's not too long though haha.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results