shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Engravings- any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m ordering my wedding band soon, (a plain 3mm WG with milgrain), and I''m thinking of the engravings to put inside. FI''s ring was ordered yesterday (titanium 7mm band with satin sides and a domed brushed inside), without engraving. My ring comes with free engraving, and I know I want the date- maybe 11.3.2007or 11-3-07 I dunno.

What kinds of engraving do you like? Inside jokes? Latin quotes, song lyrics, initials.... Help me with what you engraved, if not too private

Thanks in advance!!
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think if you have something meaninful to you, a song or something, put the name of it...or the place you had your first date, if it fits, or a pet name he calls you...this is a bit weird but I knew a woman who got an id bracelet from a boy friend years ago when they were popular. Her dad thought she was too young to be dating this guy, and so he did not want to write out I LOVE YOU on the bracelet. So, they came up with Aisle of View and had that engraved on it! Silly, but it was like a private joke between them.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
DF, see, that''s the thing I love about engravings, the little inside jokes and things like that. Thanks!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Apparently Thomas Hardy has wive,s wedding ring engraved with the phrase ''you and no other'', which I think is amazingly profound and in a very few words says a great deal.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I think we are just going to put our initals and wedding date. I know, kind of boring....
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m just having the date but like this:

XXVI VII MMVIII

The day/month/year. I love that it has the VI then VII then VIII - it''s made me so much happier with my date. I like patterns or reasons - silly I know, but me, all my sisters and all my female cousins are born on the 6th of the month (weird, especially since that is 8 of us!) and FI and my anniversary is August 14th which is 6 months before V-day. I was feeling that I''d had to have my wedding date rather than choosing the date - now I''ve found a pretty pattern I''m all happy!
20.gif

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
My e-ring: initals, date
His e-ring: initals, date, and the start of a movie line that reminds me of him
My w-band: initals, date, and a phrase he says to me
His w-band: initals, date, and the continuation of the movie line

He really stressed with both my rings and couldn''t commit to anything. I knew the second I heard the line in the movie that it''d be perfect for his ring. I perfer engraved rings as it makes them more personal and different from everyone else''s rings.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the input, everyone! I spent an hour going over romantic quotes and movie quotes (Two meaningful movies for us are "Love Actually" and "The Wedding Singer", and now that I think about it "50 First Dates"). So this is becoming harder and harder. I was personal, but I don''t want dated, ya know?

radiantgirl

Shiny_Rock
I got my FI''s ring engraved just last week, and I chose "My one & only (insert his pet name) 4.28.07" Our first dance is to "My one & only love" by Sting, so I thought that was very fitting and personal to us. He knows that I am getting his wedding band engraved, but he doesn''t know what is on it. It will be a surprise to him and he will first see it on our wedding day. I can''t wait to give it to him!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
radiant girl, that is really sweet! Right now I''m going over songs- like Elvis Prestley (one of FI''s favorite men) In his "take my hand" and in his "take my whole life too"

Dave Matthews: Into your heart... I''ll beat again.

Things like that... I don''t want to be dated!!!
33.gif
This is getting to be too hard.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
I understand that you don''t want dated, but to some degree everything will become dated. We don''t watch the same movies our parents and grandparents did or listen to the same songs or even have the same phrases.

One of my friends used "our grass is always greener" because it means something to them NOW. In 5 or 50 years, this couple may not say the same thing to one another and if the rings are passed onto family, the phrase won''t mean anything to that family member. But it means something to the couple at the time of their marriage. And it''s cute to explain the phrase to friends or family.

Our engravings were a surprise to one another. I''ll always remember reading what he chose after the ceremony and him explaining why he chose it. Reading it now, only a year later, makes me smile. And I''m betting that it''ll still make me smile and bring back good memories in 25 years, dated or not.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Larissa, I do agree with you. I guess I''m really caring aboutwhat other people think- waaaaay too much.
1.gif

IndiBlue

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of engraving....as a suprise, I got my FI''s ring engraved with our little saying. We always tell each other, "You''re my Favorite!" so I had that engraved in his ring as a little reminder that he is MY FAVORITE!

We won''t be married for another 5 months, but once we brought our rings home he was floored and loves it!

Do something meaningful for the two of you...everytime he looks at it he can''t help but remember you.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fi''s wedding band is going to have a tiny blue sapphire gypsy set into the *inside* of the ring for sentimental reasons...not really an engraving, but something fun nonetheless.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the help and examples everyone! I don''t know why this is so hard for me- perhaps because it''s my "forever" band, the one I''ll have for always?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 5:48:01 PM
Author: AmberWaves
Thanks for the help and examples everyone! I don''t know why this is so hard for me- perhaps because it''s my ''forever'' band, the one I''ll have for always?

Hi Amber! Doesn''t this say it all? "For always"

~ Zoe

bobacha

Shiny_Rock
Hi Amber..
I''ve been looking at engravings recently too and I really like "Initials/date - A perfect fit"

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! These are all so cute!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Mine says: His initials to My initials 8.6.05 I Will
His says: My initials to His initials 8.6.05 I Will

"I Will" by the Beatles was our first dance song and I also thought it was a fun play on our vows.

Oh, and can i confess that I have looked at my ring several times to remember the day we got married... how crazy is that! I keep wanting to say Aug 5th
3.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, NJC, I LOVE that song. Always have. Now that I think about it- our REAL "song" is Love Song by The Cure. That''s not a cheery song. And that''s the exact reason I want the date engraved- so we can use it as a "reminder"!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE "You and no other" but I would personalize that if there was space with his nickname for me (which is long) "P''lizzy". I would want my band to have "Fishy" in it... that''s my nickname for him.

If you have nicknames for each other that are meaningful... our are to us... they I would include them.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
My fi''s eyes lit up when I mentioned engraving the date on the inside of our rings. He said ''what? all I have to do is take it off and look inside??''.
31.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, his nicakname for me is Boobies. Yeah.. I wish they were a little cuter! Mine for him? Hmm. Well, I call him Felix (his last name). Hmmm.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
my wedding ring couldn''t be engraved which made me a little sad, but saved him from having to think of something.

i had his engraved with "ni vous sans moi, ni moi sans vous" which means "neither you without me, neither me without you" in french. he speaks french and had written this in a card he gave me. i always loved this so it was an easy choice for me.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
i think a joke would be cool if you guys have lots of humor and thats something you both share. i think a simple "i love you" is so beautiful and classic.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
We''ve decided what to engrave. In both of ours it will be "More than everything" But, because mine is drastically smaller, mine will have to be "MoreThanEverything AB&PF" kinda sucks that we can only fit 25 characters in my band, but whatever. I like it. His will have "More Than Everything 11/3/07" because I have a feeling I''ll remember the date better than he will.
1.gif

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock
We say on the phone & occasionally in person,
Person 1: "I love you."
Person 2: "Forever."
Person 1: "And ever."
Person 2: "And ever and ever."
Person 1: "And ever and ever and ever..."
you get the point.

So I think I''ll suprise him and have "Forever and ever." written on his wb.

Good question, AmberWaves!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys! The verdict is in: It''s More Than Everything 11/3/07 . We just got the band on Friday, but it''s too small.
1.gif
I guess I have to send it back to be resized that 1/4th of an inch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results