shape
carat
color
clarity

Reception Cards

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrowmrowsmom

Rough_Rock
Do I need reception cards?

The reception is about two blocks away from the church. Most people at the wedding will be from the area, and the reception venue is a very popular luxury hotel.

I want to save myself $200 on reception cards and just put this at the bottom of the invitation:

Reception immediately following the ceremony
Fancy Hotel River Room

The invitation does not have room for me to also put the address of the hotel. I realize that this is probably improper, but how improper is it? Can I get away with it?

My budget just keeps getting tighter and tighter, and I''d like to cut back where I can.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
It is impropper... but if you need to scrimp money that would work. HOWEVER in a seperate mailer, for out of town guests that RSVP yes (I would mail directions to both locations, as well as things to do in the area, so that way if they are just staying one night they can see what there is to do in your town, and not sit around in the hotel room... or wait to check in. MY GUESTS LOVED THIS. I made a nice letter with a photo of me and the groom at the top w/ "Things to do while you are here" of the top places to visit with comments about each that we''ve visted. I also included directions to all of these events.... you could do this along with directions to your venue and reception. The additional postage would be about $20 for 50 letters... and it would be a really cute personal touch.

Just an idea!
35.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That would be fine, just be sure to include direction cards for the location of the church AND the reception because some of your guests may not go to the church even though they are going to the reception.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it''s improper at all - in fact, that''s the way I get most of my invitations to weddings - Not many people around here have reception cards - usually, 95% of the time, the reception location and address is included at the bottom of the invitation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results