Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just felt like posting a random post.
What random thing is on your mind?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I place things in my cart at Costco I make sure all the barcodes are up and facing the cashier.

Then, I don't load anything onto the conveyer belt.
When I tell the cashier all the barcodes are up they fall to their knees and worship me, as does everyone in line behind me.

Faster & less work.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do unhealthy foods taste so good?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my best friends joined a cult. So I've been reading a lot about cults lately, and specifically how you're supposed to talk to friends who joined them to dissuade them and reactivate their critical thinking skills (which she used to have in abundance).

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of my best friends joined a cult. So I've been reading a lot about cults lately, and specifically how you're supposed to talk to friends who joined them to dissuade them and reactivate their critical thinking skills (which she used to have in abundance).
I just could not hit the like button, so had to get up and respond.
I am sorry to hear this about your friend and its awesome your trying to help her.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Computer connected to your tv and a wireless computer mouse/mini keyboard rock. PS from your couch and not on a small screen.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just could not hit the like button, so had to get up and respond.
I am sorry to hear this about your friend and its awesome your trying to help her.

Thank you. It's been very stressful. She did the stereotypical thing of moving to a new country and making new friends by way of joining a cult. So we didn't realize quite how serious it was and that she hadn't just joined a wacky but harmless group until she came back to visit for the holidays and was, well, a pod person.

I would strongly urge anyone considering joining a new group or going to a seminar - especially anything billed as a self-help sort of seminar which is how a lot of cults bill themselves to new potential initiates these days - to search it on culteducation.com and not attend if it has a page there. Many, many cults sue anyone who mentions them negatively online so they are very hard to find accurate information on. Wikileaks and the EFF and archive.org may also have information, but are obviously not cult-focused. Only websites that have good legal teams defending them, whether because they have deep pockets, savvy owners, or someone has chosen to take their cases on pro-bono, are able to keep information up. Many of these groups appear pretty benign at first glance and can even still seem normal when you're in the first few levels, but the deeper you go, the more harmful they become. They protect themselves that way by camouflaging as normal, and act on their members kind of like the "frog boiling in hot water but not jumping out because it happens slowly."

eta: my comment on culteducation.com is valid for 2019 - if you are reading this comment by chance after that, be sure to check that it has not had a change of ownership, and if it has, check the group affiliation of any new owners. As always check the source of the information and the ownership of who is behind the website currently and do not rely solely on reputation.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I found Dr Janja Lalich (who had been in a cult herself) illuminating on cults, particularly her summing up of the phenomenon, calling it, "bounded choice".

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately my printer works only half the time, but at least I have a nice Rhapis Palm.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do unhealthy foods taste so good?

I think of this one often. It would be so great if ice cream and chips were good for us and if we could eat it without experiencing ill side effects.

As a corollary I also wish anything we ate would allow us to remain healthy and thin and that we could eat as much as we wanted and remain in tip top shape. Wouldn't that be lovely?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also am thinking how much I wish we could all live as long as we wanted to (furbabies included) and be healthy and happy enjoying life for as long as we wanted.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do...I've got my daughter and myself covered but everyone else...nada!:lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Though I'm glad I'm older, sometimes I wish I was younger.

Last edited:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are not enough diamonds in the world.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish is was not dark so early. It’s almost winter solstice and we go back to lighter again.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish is was not dark so early. It’s almost winter solstice and we go back to lighter again.

Yeah, they definitely got the time change backwards.

Let's see.
It is naturally is darker when we get off work in the winter ...
Let's see ... Hmmmm.

Hey! I know!
Let's turn the clocks BACK so it's EVEN darker then. :doh::doh::doh:
It's so fragging stoopid!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry you and your friend are going through this, and I sympathize, as I seem to have lost my best friend down a rabbit hole that is very, very cult-like and to which she has lost her critical thinking skills as well. Would you be able to recommend some sources for me to check out on how to talk with her? Would the site that you mentioned - culteducation.com - be a good resource for this?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im cleaning my heavy silver rope chain
Oh boy does it sparkle
i can so see why they made some old tiaras in silver the way they must have sparkled in candle light

Attachments

• 1618137570165899914956.jpg
    1618137570165899914956.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 13

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking with regard to pearing down one's collection

when we get old and frail and have to go into a home they don't like you wearing your jewlery in there because of lite fingered staff

also just thinking of when my FIL was in the dementia ward he would end up will all sorts of odds and ends that obviously were not his (a wedding pboto of some other family's mother)

it was a sad day when my sister had to take my mother's rings home - (she had been wearing her own mother's ER because she could no longer remember dad or me or life with our family - only her own mum and dad's family)
We did have a new bottle of perfume "go missing" and my sister kicked up a big stink and it was replaced and apologies issued

Anyway we will all need less valuable jewelery to wear if we don't want it stolen when the time comes

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im cleaning my heavy silver rope chain
Oh boy does it sparkle
i can so see why they made some old tiaras in silver the way they must have sparkled in candle light

I broke this chain's catch latter that night from over vigorous cleaning :(2
Its being fixed at the local family jewler now

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking with regard to pearing down one's collection

when we get old and frail and have to go into a home they don't like you wearing your jewlery in there because of lite fingered staff

also just thinking of when my FIL was in the dementia ward he would end up will all sorts of odds and ends that obviously were not his (a wedding pboto of some other family's mother)

it was a sad day when my sister had to take my mother's rings home - (she had been wearing her own mother's ER because she could no longer remember dad or me or life with our family - only her own mum and dad's family)
We did have a new bottle of perfume "go missing" and my sister kicked up a big stink and it was replaced and apologies issued

Anyway we will all need less valuable jewelery to wear if we don't want it stolen when the time comes

Dagnabbit I am still so peeved at my mom’s otherwise good care home. She hadn’t taken her engagement ring off for fifty years and her fingers were much bigger than the day she married. That ring wasn’t sliding over her knuckle any time soon. So when they told us her engagement ring got “lost in the shower” I was so mad. And it probably only pawned for like $100.

They couldn’t pry off her wedding band, though. Had to saw through the shank when she went into the hospital a little before she passed. I still have the gold and the four tiny single-cut diamonds. Eventually they will be re-forged into something fabulous.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dagnabbit I am still so peeved at my mom’s otherwise good care home. She hadn’t taken her engagement ring off for fifty years and her fingers were much bigger than the day she married. That ring wasn’t sliding over her knuckle any time soon. So when they told us her engagement ring got “lost in the shower” I was so mad. And it probably only pawned for like $100.

They couldn’t pry off her wedding band, though. Had to saw through the shank when she went into the hospital a little before she passed. I still have the gold and the four tiny single-cut diamonds. Eventually they will be re-forged into something fabulous.

I am dismayed and angry this happened to your mom
do people have no morals or values??????????

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results