shape
carat
color
clarity

Question for @Mamabean

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, I think I recall you saying that you have this rug from Pottery Barn. It was probably on an IG post. How long did yours shed? I vacuum every other day and it is still clogging my vacuum. I have never had a rug do this. Huge clumps of wool are still coming out. :confused2: 20200325_223800.jpg

If it wasn't you, then please ignore, lol.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, I think I recall you saying that you have this rug from Pottery Barn. It was probably on an IG post. How long did yours shed? I vacuum every other day and it is still clogging my vacuum. I have never had a rug do this. Huge clumps of wool are still coming out. :confused2: 20200325_223800.jpg

If it wasn't you, then please ignore, lol.

It was me @Gussie...I rotated it out to another Pottery Barn rug that does the same thing. I just rotated it out because I get bored..not because of the shedding... It fills the vacuum cleaner every time I vacuum it. It would get little tufts on top of the rug In the beginning....but it doesn’t do that anymore.. It doesn’t look unattractive....and you can’t notice the loose fibers..It’s just coming up in the vacuum. It’s because it’s hand tufted instead of hand knotted..

Last edited:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean. Hopefully the clumps that just appear will go away soon. It doesn't look bad, I am just shocked at how quickly the vacuum container fills!

I hope you are doing well during this crazy time. I haven't been on ps as much. I'm trying to keep busy without overload of cv. My mental health can't handle too much. And my kids keep me pretty occupied. Hugs to you!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie I had that rug too. I had it for 3+ years, and it continued to shed and fill the vacuum up until I sold it. I didn't notice that it interfered with the look of the rug, thankfully.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @Mamabean. Hopefully the clumps that just appear will go away soon. It doesn't look bad, I am just shocked at how quickly the vacuum container fills!

I hope you are doing well during this crazy time. I haven't been on ps as much. I'm trying to keep busy without overload of cv. My mental health can't handle too much. And my kids keep me pretty occupied. Hugs to you!

I since purchased two Pottery Barn rugs..They’re so pretty I just put up with it...This is one of them in my living room in Pa..
Thank you Gussie...I’m hanging in there...David is like a young child so I have to keep him busy. My 94 year old mom and dog are also with me...
I can’t help but stay up to date on the news...It’s frightening to me that young people are getting it and dying...It’s so frightening. I told my husband not to expect me to come home until either he retires or a vaccine comes out..
How are your children doing? 722204

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie I have a rug that I paid quite a bit for that still does the shedding act, when I asked my decorator lady about it she said it was normal to shed early on but hmm 4 years later? I dunno this rug is all wool. I'll try to find out where it came from here's a px.

saleeywalley.jpg

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Many years ago I had an Aunt who told my mom that wool rugs shed and ought not be vacuumed until they stop shedding. A brush and dust pan is what you should use. I have a hand made wool Indian rug, thats beautiful, 6'x9 , and I brushed it only for several years. It stopped shedding and now I vacuum it. So, I was taught wool rugs shed and should not be vacuumed.

I have a few new ones and they don't shed too much. So I do vacuum them.

Just my 2 cents

Annette

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I‘ve had the Pottery Barn rug called Malika for about three years now. It shed like mad for about a year! It filled my Dyson after only 4D5F36E7-E1DF-4287-8A3C-74C4B1259801.jpeg

two minutes of vacuuming....Now after three years it only fills the bin about half way. I’m thinking of replacing it as I think it bothers my asthma....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I‘ve had the Pottery Barn rug called Malika for about three years now. It shed like mad for about a year! It filled my Dyson after only 4D5F36E7-E1DF-4287-8A3C-74C4B1259801.jpeg

two minutes of vacuuming....Now after three years it only fills the bin about half way. I’m thinking of replacing it as I think it bothers my asthma....

I have that same rug! Mine doesn't shed at all, tho.

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have that same rug! Mine doesn't shed at all, tho.

Ha that’s too funny! My favourite home stores are Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel. :bigsmile:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I have that rug too @Weecam @Gussie @mrs-b! It replaced the rug in my family room. The lace edged design one is in my living room.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess we all have similar taste in decor as well as jewelry! I have 6 PB rugs in the cabin. This is the first time I've stayed here longer than a week so I am obviously cleaning more. I thought the shedding should have eased by now. Think I have a while to go!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guess we all have similar taste in decor as well as jewelry! I have 6 PB rugs in the cabin. This is the first time I've stayed here longer than a week so I am obviously cleaning more. I thought the shedding should have eased by now. Think I have a while to go!!

The Malika one doesn’t shed that much anymore. The colorful one was slowing down. I had it three years when I traded it out with the Malika one. I still love it but like to rotate...I love my lace edged one in my living room. I also have that one in a runner too. I love them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results