shape
carat
color
clarity

Pscope at Work

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I just spent 15 minutes explaining something to a co worker about some o-rings that a customer had not recieved for a repair. Eventually they stopped me and said "WHat are E-rings?" I was saying e-rings instead of o-rings.

HAs there been anything where you have mixed your pscope with work?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Lol. I don''t think I have at work, but I notice my self starting to say FI instead of FI''s name when I''m talking about him sometimes. Haha.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have def. thought "FI, MIL, DH ex..." but not sure if I have said them. I *might* have called my DH actually "DH" before but he never really said anything about it.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Not at work, but at our BJ''s Wholesale Club their store brand dairy is from Wellsley Farms. It usually says on the receipt WF Milk, WF Cream, etc. I always find myself saying Whiteflash when I read it to myself or out loud when DH wants to know what I grabbed. Stupid, huh?

shay

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I do the same FI/etc thing, but I think that I always catch myself!

At the local grocery store, there''s a sign above the meat that says "A Cut Above." Any guesses as to what immediately pops into my head?
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Shay..whenever I use WF in a post to a PS''er or something...they think I mean WhiteFlash. Sometimes I mean WHOLE FOODS...hahaa. Someone said something once like ''WF has salads?''....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes, I just want to call my SIL.....''SIL''.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s pretty sad when "TG" starts sounding like a normal name for myself.
32.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
lol...this has so happened to me before. I''ll be typing an email or message and want to use our code for FI, MIL, MOH, BM or anything like that and I have to stop myself!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 6:10:42 PM
Author: TravelingGal
It's pretty sad when 'TG' starts sounding like a normal name for myself.
32.gif
Would you prefer cute roach girl?!
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emembarrassed.gif
I definitely slip up and use the acronyms...MIL and SIL, DH, etc. in public sometimes...

Or I''ll be talking to a friend (who knows nothing about my PS addiction) and say, "oh, I was just talking about such-and-such..." and then I hesitate and have to tell them it was in a chat room, for crying out loud. Most "normal" people in my world don''t understand my little obsession with this forum...and they''d call it a chat room anyway. DH thinks it IS a chat room! I''m forever trying to explain the difference to him.
9.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
One of the gals in our creative department wanted my advice regading which agency to go with for some marketing materials we needed to produce. She was going over their proposals and wanted me to check them out. I actually wrote in my email- "sure- shoot me over the IS so I can compare them to see which one looks best"

I tried explaining... light leakage, lots of red good, white bad, etc...

She thought I was nuts!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 6:48:34 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 12/14/2006 6:10:42 PM
Author: TravelingGal
It''s pretty sad when ''TG'' starts sounding like a normal name for myself.
32.gif
Would you prefer cute roach girl?!
31.gif
14.gif
I really gotta change my avatar...........

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Not so much at work, but when friends mention anything to do with jewelry, they are always a little shocked and hopefully impressed, not appalled at my knowledge. And the B&M stores are puzzled by me too - a few have offered me jobs. It happened last week - I believe I said something about step cuts showing their color more than rounds, and the guy looked at me all weird and said, you really know your stuff! Want to work for me? But I digress. I am always using abbreviations like e-ring, w-band, FIL, MIL, etc in emails and people don''t always know what I am talking about! (A friend got engaged recently, hence all the ring emails.)

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2006 6:05:53 PM
Author: Mara
lol Shay..whenever I use WF in a post to a PS''er or something...they think I mean WhiteFlash. Sometimes I mean WHOLE FOODS...hahaa. Someone said something once like ''WF has salads?''....
Mara,

ROFLMAO!!! That is hysterical. I have to laugh at myself too. I think I should use that line. When something confuses me, I''ll just say, "WF has salads?"

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results