shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA Samsung Top Load Washer

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between this and the cell phone, it has not been a good year for Samsung. Luckily, I don't have either of the products.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Samsung topload and will check. Thank you.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a new washer after my 20 year old unit bit it this weekend. I noticed that the top load Samsung's on the floor in Home Depot in Lowes had some note about not being available at this time. I asked why and the guy at Home Depot and he said during the spin cycle, the unit was vibrating so much that the lid became detached and flew off in some cases. :-o

I think these were pretty popular especially at big chain stores. They only have about 15 washers on the floor and of that Samsung had at least 3 at Home Depot, Lowes and Best Buy.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the notice sure does not say anything about the dang lid flying off!!! :errrr:

Mine qualifies after checking the #s. How the heck can you wash sheets on delicate? I want hot hot hot water and that is what the bedding setting is for!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The announcement was awfully vague wasn't it? Usually recall notices or pre-recall caution notices tell you exactly what could happen, right?

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
You're welcome Redwood, I nearly bought one last month when mine bit because my daughter has one and is happy with it ended up with a Maytag instead cause I could'n't resist a great deal lol.

Sorry here is a link to the government of Canada site:

http://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-alert-rappel-avis/hc-sc/2016/60482r-eng.php

They do mention this:

Hazard identified

Washing bedding, bulky or water-resistant items at certain settings may cause the machine to experience abnormal vibrations and the washing machine top may suddenly detach during the spin cycle, posing a risk of injury to consumers and property damage.

Health Canada has not received any consumer reports of incidents or injuries related to the use of these products in Canada.

Samsung Electronics Canada Inc. has received 64 reports of the tops detaching in Canada with 11 reports of minor property damage, and no reports of injuries.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again. I have had mine for at least 3 years and use the bulky and bedding setting all the time. The lid is still on. :lol:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've got one of these, I guess I also like to subconsciously live dangerously as well :lol:

Better give Samsung a call...

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to hear you haven't had any issues with it, still now that you know try and take precautions if you must use those settings stear clear of the washer when in use! lol

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Jordy, sorry didn't see your post last night guess we were posting at same time. Here is what I found on the Austrailian recall it looks like they replaced or repaired the machines according to what the costomer wanted... yeah give them a call.

http://www.samsung.com/au/washingmachinerecall/

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
You're welcome Jordy. Keep us posted as to what happens.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'd buy a Speed Queen now, before they get redesigned.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results