shape
carat
color
clarity

PSA: Pottery Barn Signature Mat on Sale!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
In case anyone is looking for a signature mat, Pottery Barn is having a sale! I purchased the huge one, which is 32 x 34" and holds an 8 x 10 photo, in black with a white mat for $39.99 (regularly $99.00)! It is also available in black frame/black mat and white frame/white mat. Hopefully this helps someone!
1.gif

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for that link! I had actually spent an hour this weekend looking for signature mats but never found one that I really liked that was at a good price. This is really great, I just ordered the black frame with white mat as well.
36.gif

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
One word of advice....we had a signature mat and aren''t going to use it frame a photo because we had kids at the wedding who were left unattended and they decided to use the mat as a practice for writing their names. Over, and over, and over, their names appear all over everything. So if you are having kids at the wedding, either make sure someone is keeping an eye on it, or have somebody put the pens away at some point.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/17/2007 12:34:03 AM
Author: eleguin
Thanks so much for that link! I had actually spent an hour this weekend looking for signature mats but never found one that I really liked that was at a good price. This is really great, I just ordered the black frame with white mat as well.
36.gif

You''re welcome eleguin! I''m glad I could help!
1.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the advice Rebemdee! Ugh...what a bummer that that happened to you! Why do some people think that it''s ok to let their kids run loose at weddings (Well, not just at weddings...It seems like the attitude of some parents at any wedding/party is that there are so many friends and family around that "someone" will watch them while they''re off having a good time!)? If you don''t want to watch your kids, please hire a babysitter!
11.gif
Ok, end of rant, lol!

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Great find! I just ordered the black frame with the white mat! I love Pottery Barn and this mat & frame will look great in our condo! Also, there will be no kids at our wedding so, we won''t have to worry about them using this as their own personal coloring book!
2.gif

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
A suggestion to avoid the children problem is to have it displayed on a easel and have people sign it as it is sitting on the easel. This way kids can''t really reach it. I''ve been to a lot of weddings where people set it up that way and they didn''t seem to have an issue with kids writing on it.

Thanks for the link! I have been meaning to buy the frame but didn''t realize it was on sale right now. Perfect!
9.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Great find! Thanks so much ... just placed the order. Yay ~ another checkmark on the list!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Can anyone help me with sizing? I am thinking the larger mat might be too big?? Should I get the smaller one? We are having a small-ish wedding, around 120 people. What do you think?

TIA!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what we used in place of a guest book and it worked out so well! The frame is nice and thick and there is plenty of room for little notes and signatures.

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Yay! UPS just delivered it! The quality looks great- like Tacori said, the frame is nice and thick! It is very large, but for us that''s good (we''re having 250 - 300 guests)! I love it!
36.gif

Blushingbride, diamondlove and turtledazzle: I''m so glad that I could help!
1.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/18/2007 10:44:09 PM
Author: diamondlove
A suggestion to avoid the children problem is to have it displayed on a easel and have people sign it as it is sitting on the easel. This way kids can''t really reach it. I''ve been to a lot of weddings where people set it up that way and they didn''t seem to have an issue with kids writing on it.

Thanks for the link! I have been meaning to buy the frame but didn''t realize it was on sale right now. Perfect!
9.gif
Display it on an easel...that''s a great suggestion! Thanks!
9.gif

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 5:32:46 AM
Author: Dani
Can anyone help me with sizing? I am thinking the larger mat might be too big?? Should I get the smaller one? We are having a small-ish wedding, around 120 people. What do you think?

TIA!!!

There are a lot of people on the knot that ordered the larger mat without realizing quite how large it really was...and they were shocked when it arrived! There have been some great suggestions as far as what to do for people with smaller guest lists. One was to write your names and the wedding date centered underneath the picture opening. Another was to have your wedding party sign it at the rehearsal dinner so guests won''t be shy (have them sign more than just their name, which will encourage guests to do the same). One girl is having her friend, who''s a great artist, do a sketch of her dress. Other suggestions were to have your officiant write a blessing/prayer about love/marriage/family on one side. Or, you could write your own feelings for the day, the story of how you met, or whatever you want in a section to take up space. The possibilities are endless! The smaller one is 28 x 11". I just pulled out a tape measure, and that really isn''t that big. 120 is still a fairly large amount of people, and if I got the smaller one I would worry more about there not being enough room for all of the guests to sign/write everything that they wanted. HTH!

1.gif

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought the large one for a friend whose bridal shower is coming up (her fiance said she''d thought this would be a good idea, but she didnt move yet...worst case scenerio she doesnt use it but can use it for something else probably). I won''t be attending, so I have to have it shipped to me, then mail it to her bridesmaid with a card--the shower is the 2nd, will the frame come in time (even if I have to overnight it, that''s fine, I just want to make sure I have it in time to mail it out)

I love this, but FI and I havnet decieded what we''re going to do yet for a guestbook type thing, we don''t have any nice pics of ourselves....

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION!!!! :D :D :D

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 7:34:20 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*
I just bought the large one for a friend whose bridal shower is coming up (her fiance said she''d thought this would be a good idea, but she didnt move yet...worst case scenerio she doesnt use it but can use it for something else probably). I won''t be attending, so I have to have it shipped to me, then mail it to her bridesmaid with a card--the shower is the 2nd, will the frame come in time (even if I have to overnight it, that''s fine, I just want to make sure I have it in time to mail it out)

I love this, but FI and I havnet decieded what we''re going to do yet for a guestbook type thing, we don''t have any nice pics of ourselves....

Great idea for a shower gift Sweetpea! Since your friend mentioned thinking it was a good idea, I''m sure that she''ll love it!
1.gif
As far as my experience with shipping goes, I placed the order on Monday night, I received an order shipping conformation email on Wednesday (it was shipped UPS three day select- and they provide you with a tracking number so you can see where it is at any given time), and it arrived today even though the estimated arrival wasn''t until Monday. My best guess is that it will arrive in time for you to send out.
1.gif

If the only reason you''re undecided about the signature mat is because you don''t have any nice pictures of yourselves, I wouldn''t let that stop you! We don''t have any nice pictures of ourselves either (and we don''t plan on having engagement pictures taken). Instead of putting a picture in the opening, we''re using this poem that I found:

Our guest book is this photo frame.
We''d love to have you sign your name
And write, perhaps, a line or two
By which we may remember you.
Then, when our wedding day has passed,
Our memories of this day will last.
For when we look at it we''ll see
Kind words from friends and family!

We thank you for sharing our special day with us,

(BRIDE AND GROOM)

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 8:39:26 PM
Author: Kerbear560

Date: 1/19/2007 7:34:20 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*

Great idea for a shower gift Sweetpea! Since your friend mentioned thinking it was a good idea, I''m sure that she''ll love it!
1.gif
As far as my experience with shipping goes, I placed the order on Monday night, I received an order shipping conformation email on Wednesday (it was shipped UPS three day select- and they provide you with a tracking number so you can see where it is at any given time), and it arrived today even though the estimated arrival wasn''t until Monday. My best guess is that it will arrive in time for you to send out.
1.gif

If the only reason you''re undecided about the signature mat is because you don''t have any nice pictures of yourselves, I wouldn''t let that stop you! We don''t have any nice pictures of ourselves either (and we don''t plan on having engagement pictures taken). Instead of putting a picture in the opening, we''re using this poem that I found:

Our guest book is this photo frame.
We''d love to have you sign your name
And write, perhaps, a line or two
By which we may remember you.
Then, when our wedding day has passed,
Our memories of this day will last.
For when we look at it we''ll see
Kind words from friends and family!

We thank you for sharing our special day with us,

(BRIDE AND GROOM)
Great poem!!! I will have to make up my mind about this very quickly!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results