shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy thread with toddlers 12-36 months

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
In an effort to keep the threads a little smaller and be able to help each other in the stages that our babies we thought it might be a little less confusing to start a thread for the mommies of toddlers who are 12-36 months.

As I typed this the reality hit me that my baby is really a toddler now...wow the time has flown by!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great idea, I can''t wait to see all the PS toddlers. Man they are growing up so quickly!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
O boy I can''t wait to see all of the toddlers in one place. They are growing so darn fast. And now Jake is walking!!!! How can that be???

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, I wouldn''t say Jake is walking just yet. he does stand up unassisted and will take a couple of steps but that''s it. He''s only done a long 8-10 step stretch 2x so he''s still a couple of weeks away I think. I am getting ansy for him to walk though. it''s just so much easier to take him to the parks and playgrounds. I just don''t like him crawling in the backyard..we have a dog and who knows what he''d crawl into
14.gif

In other Jake news he thinks it''s fun to take everything out of his crib and throw it on the floor when I put him down for a nap or to bed. I usually give him a blanket and he''s got a couple of toys in there that he used to play with when he woke up. I put him down awake and minutes later he will be screaming/crying. So, I go in to check on him and everything is on the floor and he''s just standing there. I usually rock him for a minute two, tell him again it''s nite nite time and put him back in. He usually goes to sleep on the second try but this is not a habit I want to start
20.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that was fast! I''m even more glad that we''ve split the threads now that I''ve read that so many people were intimidated by the old one. Who knew?! Since I fit into both categories, I guess I can post in both threads but I''ll probably hang out more here since we''ve all been together for so long, I feel like I know all of our toddlers personally!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~Sorry about Jake''s new found "habit" for sleep. The other night T was so over-tired that he was in her crib throwing her binkies out and kicking her music thing. I was so annoyed. I bet it''s just a phase and he''ll be over it in no time!

Latest Tayva story: last night Dh asked her to bring her shoes to him so he could put them on to go. She brought her shoes to him and said "thank you."
5.gif
So cute. I''m hoping that means we''re on the right track to using our manners....however I''m not going to hold my breath quite yet!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
burk, that is cute! how''s the potty training going?

Jas12, are you still potty training Co? He''s so smart he''s probably potty trained already..lol

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 12:53:21 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Jas12, are you still potty training Co? He''s so smart he''s probably potty trained already..lol
Ha, are you kidding? That kid was done PT ages ago and now is charging money to the local tots and training them himself!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 12:57:39 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 5/12/2009 12:53:21 PM

Author: mrssalvo

Ha, are you kidding? That kid was done PT ages ago and now is charging money to the local tots and training them himself!!

Haha, so very true.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
mrss~We have halted on the potty training until I''m home for summer. So hard when she''s in daycare part of the day. She does tell me she wants to go potty here and there and so I do let her go then.

Tgal~ha ha....maybe Co needs to come help me out in June!!
9.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Burk
Hehe, Tayva is pretty and well-mannered.
I need to let J play w/ her so that some of it will rubbed off on her
5.gif

Curly
Hehe, have to say that I''m happy you are going to hang out here.
We hate to miss having updates on Lily and Lucy.

MrsS
That''s funny that Jake is into that clearing out his crib stage.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal- too funny. If jas lived close by I''d send Jake to Co''s class...

lili-thankfully I only have a couple of things in there so the clean-up isn''t too bad. but still...are you having any luck weaning J? I haven''t nursed Jake since early sunday morning so I think I''m officially done nursing
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
hooray MrsS for no more nursing!

I am still trying to get Amelia to drink from a straw. She''s got the sippy down OK though...finally picking it up and drinking from it herself. I want to get her off the bottle!!

lili

Ideal_Rock
How nice MrsS
36.gif
36.gif

You must be happy and sad at the same time about it.
But it is so much easier now huh?

As for myself, still haven''t made much progress.
Well, you can say a little progress since I''ve eliminated the middle of the night feeding :razz:
Yep, you''ve heard right, up until a couple of weeks ago, she''s still nursed at night or early morning if you would.
I think I can probably eliminate the day feedings since she''s already used to it at daycare,
but she is a stubborn thing and will cry bloody murder if I don''t let her when she''s home w/ me.

I should get rolling w/ the weaning since she is 13 months now.
Didn''t plan on nursing this long
32.gif

Wish me luck.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
awww I think I''ll have to hang out here quite bit b/c I don''t want to miss pics and updates on all the toddlers. I feel like I know you guys personally. Plus you are the ones I go to for advices since M is one of the oldest babies over in the baby thread.

MrsS
I bet Jake is just going through a phase of throwing things.

Burk
T''s shoes story is so cute. She looks like a well-mannered girl.
I read in the TTC thread that you are charting. How''s that going? I don''t think I have time for that.

Hi to everyone else.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck lili! Just imagine how good it is for that brain to get all that breast milk all this time!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal- Jake just figured out the straw recently and I do really like the straw sippy cups. they do leak though, at least the brand i bought. somehow the liquid keeps coming out of the straw even when he's not sucking. But, I'm not complaining b/c I'm so happy for the alternate drink source. Thats great that Amelia is reaching and holder her own cup. you'll be able to get her off the bottle pretty quickly once they get the hang of the sippy.

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal
Does A not like the straw or is she not getting what the straw is for?
One thing we did that helped J understand that she needs to suck on the straw to get the liquid up is by trapping the water in the straw and slowly dispensing it in her mouth initially -- am i making sense here?

You know how it is that water get stuck in the straw when you cover your finger on the top of the straw that is immersed in water?
Well, we tapped the straw and then put the other end in J''s mouth and slowly release our finger.
She gets water coming out of the straw and starts sucking.
Once she gets use to sucking on the straw, we let her try it the normal way.
Hope that helps.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
lili
Good luck weaning. Then you can start TTCing. =D

Tgal
yay for A picking up and drinking from the sippy cup. That''s progress.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 1:48:40 PM
Author: lili
TGal
Does A not like the straw or is she not getting what the straw is for?
One thing we did that helped J understand that she needs to suck on the straw to get the liquid up is by trapping the water in the straw and slowly dispensing it in her mouth initially -- am i making sense here?

You know how it is that water get stuck in the straw when you cover your finger on the top of the straw that is immersed in water?
Well, we tapped the straw and then put the other end in J''s mouth and slowly release our finger.
She gets water coming out of the straw and starts sucking.
Once she gets use to sucking on the straw, we let her try it the normal way.
Hope that helps.
lili, Amelia has been doing the straw drinking that you mention above since she was pretty little. She''ll suck that way too.

But she won''t suck when the straw is BELOW her mouth. I''ve tried the sippy cup straws with valves (because she likes to bite). I''ve tried bendy straws. Normal straws. She''s also rejected the harder born free sippy nozzle and still much prefers her training one because she enjoys biting and chewing it. I''ve been at this for months now but I think I see the light the end of the tunnel. At least she''s interested in putting it all in her mouth now.

MrsS, if you have any ideas on good sippy straw brands, let me know.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lili-good luck. i never thought I''d go 13 months with Jake either. it was hard because Jake would throw a fit if I didn''t nurse him. I knew what he wanted and I just did not give in. I would get up, walk around with him and just try to distract him. it''s definitely harder weaning an older baby b/c they totally know what they want and what they are missing. when I weaned my first she was 8 months and really had no clue. she also did formula bottles so It was a very easy transition.

q-i''m glad you''ll still hang out here. we will still need to see pics of M....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
tgal- I use the Munchkin brand ones. they are BPA free. I bought 4 of them for $9 at sam's. Jake can get his drink out pretty easily, much easier than when he uses a regular straw so maybe they have some extra suction device that makes them easier (probably the same thing that causes them to keep flowing and leak). But, all in all I'm happy with them. I just keep a little towel handy to wipe it off if I need to. oh, and they do have the ability to close where the straw bends down and hides into the plastic. I like that b/c I can though it into my diaper bag and not worry about it spilling.

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT
Haha, maybe I should just TTC and that''ll force me to start the weaning
2.gif

Anyway, glad to have you here. We''d miss seeing that cute little face otherwise.

TGal
A just likes to do things on her own terms
5.gif

Hehe, J likes to bite too. You should see all her straws.....all flattened, even those hard ones that come with the cups.
I don''t know about all that brain food in my milk since I''m not the healthiest eater (like Jas12 there).

MrsS
I know what you mean about weaning older kids.
She''ll tug at my shirt and when I didn''t let her sit in my lap, she''ll put her head on the ground and cry and at the same time flashing the milk sign
38.gif

She''s at a point where she knows what she wants.
Just over the weekend, I was feeding her some egg noodle and corns (which she loved).
When I scooped up some noodles for her, she grunted, shook her head, and points to the corn in the bowl
38.gif

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
Burk, Tayva is such a doll, offering her daddy her shoes.

Jas12, can Co come and potty train little B?

MrsS, little B went thru a stage of throwing everything out of the crib and pack n play and want us to pick it up and give it back to him so he can throw them again. Yay
36.gif
on officially done with nursing!

lili, good luck on weaning J!

TGal, tell Amelia that you will send her sippy cup therapy
9.gif
litte B have a straw sippy that he loves. Forgot what brand it is, I think it''s Munchkin too. Will go home and check.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
lili~We certainly are trying to get the manners down. I try to hold off on giving her things until she says "please" and "thank you" when she gets something. It doesn''t always work but she is getting very good with "thank you." Good luck with the continued weaning!!

QT~Thanks! I did chart starting last cycle because my body is a mess. My last two cycles have been over 40 days so if I didn''t chart I wouldn''t have a clue when I ovulate and therefor have virtually no chance of getting preggo. It''s really easy. You just take your temp first thing in the morning and I just put mine into fertility friend and it does the "work."

tgal~T won''t drink out of the straw cups. Just refuses.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Eeekks--we split the thread and already i can''t keep up. But i am liking the divide, i feel like there is more ''info'' as opposed to just responding to everyone.

You guys are funny. Co is not totally potty trained (not even close since i went back to work and didn''t time that well) He is trained for poop. But not for pee. Usually he pats his bum or side of leg (and just lately started saying poopoo while doing this) so i put him on the toilet. It is nice b/c i change much fewer dirty diapers. We will tackle pee in July when i am off school. I am probably doing this all wrong but no turning back now.

MrsS--Co does *exactly* the same thing in the crib! Drives me bonkers b/c he still uses a paci to fall asleep and he tosses them (and everything else: blanket, fuzzy toy etc.) I really have to put my foot down and not keep giving him back the paci,
HIGH FIVE for weaning! Wow, how does it feel to have nursed 3 kiddies and now.....freedom. Forever. Like i mentioned in the preggie thread, i like nursing, but don''t love it. I am getting closer. I HAVE to be done by august cuz we go away...not long now.

Lili--well, i am glad u cut out that middle of the night feeding. You deserve a major vacay when u are done. No one has earned a sleep-in more than you.
I am surprised we all nursed as long as we have.
So funny, Co sits with his head on the floor and cries into the ground when he wants to nurse too!!!Then, if i ignore him, it turns into a tantrum with the dramatic rolls and flailing. Doesn''t do it any other time-little monster

Tgal--RE cups: I bought a bunch of those plastic patio cups with the bendy straws attached (intended for adults). I had the hardest time getting Co to drink from anything other than me, but he really liked those cups. I think i know what ones MrsS. is talking about and thoes are great too. I have at least a dozen different brands hanging around--wasted so much money at first. Luckily he''s not picky any more.

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
wow, this is moving quite fast!!

lili good luck with the weaning. you just have to be persistent at it and eventually she will get the idea, no matter how stubborn she is.

burk what a cute T story. are you planning on potty training her in june?

mrsS YIKES, sorry to hear about Jake''s sleep habits lately. i hope it gets better soon.

tgal i forgot t mention that i LOVE that pic of amelia in her BOB. she looks so sweet and innocent.

latest B update...he is ALMOST completely diaper free!!!! the last few nights, he woke up and screamed for me, so i thought something was wrong. i went in there, and he''ll say "mommy, potty NOW!!" so i take him out and bring him to his potty. he will go and get back to bed. but i''m still super hesitant on going without a diaper at night. and he loves his underwear. it''s so funny, he''ll show random people his underwear. he''ll say, "look my unnn-daa-weer" haha, and MOST of the time, it gets people laughing like crazy.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~I plan to restart potty training the first week in June when I'm done with school. It's pretty much pointless in the mean time. Sounds like B is really doing great with his underwear! Ha ha that he's showing people. SO cute!

Jas12~I just imagine little brainiac Co crawling up to you "telling" you when he has to poop. Sooo cute.

bobo~I missed your post earlier-sorry! Thanks. We thought it was pretty cute that she was telling her daddy to use his manners.
21.gif

sasa

Brilliant_Rock

jas12, Co is so smart, can''t believe he is poop trained.

Puffy, yay on B almost diaper free. So funny he is showing his underwear to random people.

With all the talk on potty train. I''m starting to wonder if I should start training little B. Lately he''s been waking up with dry diapers, is that a sign I can start training? How do you tell if he is ready?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jas, that is funny that Co does the same thing re: throwing things out of the crib. thankfully when I put Jake to bed tonight he actually went to sleep on the first try and didn''t throw anything out of the crib. I think that is so cute that Co knows how to go #2 on the potty. Jake always has a stinky diaper when I go to get him in the morning and after nap. I''m pretty sure that is what wakes him up and it seriously is every morning and naptime. at least he''s regular. But, I''m not even ready to attempt to PT him.

puffy-yay for almost diaper free. I would always get excited when I didn''t have to spend the extra $ on diapers and could use it for something else. How are you and the little bean doing?

bobo, I didn''t start potty training my girls until they were 2 1/2 and could totally understand what was going on, but not wetting through the night is a good starting sign. Jas12 will probably be able to give you some advice since she has experience potty training babies.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results