shape
carat
color
clarity

providing info for OOT guests

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock

Hi girls, I need a little help with the logistics--and you guys are always so helpful. There is a gap b/ween my ceremony and reception (i know, i know, this is not good, but i had no choice). The good thing is both are v. close to each other in a great historical town with tons to do and just stroll around. We also have alot of OOT guests who will stay at reception site, so they can also just relax for the few hours between.

My dilemma is how to provide guests who will be attending both with information on things to do (should they want to): directions, map of town, list of great shops/restaurants, option of coming to luncheon w/my folks)--is this something i mail to all OOT guests? Leave in their hotel rooms? Include in insert with invitation?

thanks..

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s really something you put up on a wedding blog or something. it doesn''t belong with an invitation.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
We''re planning to create a booklet/folder of activities, contact #s, etc. in their hotel rooms.
Problem is if folks don''t use the hotel where we have rooms blocked-
but we have a small enough list to find out where they''ll be and we can either mail it to them or leave it with their respective hotels.

I agree, don''t mail with the invites, If you do want to mail it, why not do it upon receiving an RSVP, or if you don''t mind sending out those that won''t be used you could do it shortly after the invite mailing.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
it will be on our wedding website.

however there are older guests who may not understand wedding blogs, or guests in general who appreciate a hard copy. looks like the best bet is to do a special mailing for OOT after rsvp''s are received..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
As part of a welcome package for their hotel room.

regalada

Shiny_Rock
We prepared and printed two cards, one with the Welcome letter and one with the info about enjoying our wedding location, which like yours was an old historic town. We put these cards in a nice envelope and into the OOT Welcome bags and dropped the bags off at the hotels and apartments where our OTT guests were staying right before they checked in. We briefly considered mailing the cards in advance but then we would have had to worry about whether the cards made it or not and whether people would remember to bring them and then would need to have extra copies at hand, so we decided to taken them with us and hand deliver them.

The bags and the cards were a hit and our guests were glad to have the info given to them at the site rather than having to bring it with them from home.

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
Personally I always think about, what if I were a guest at this wedding? I would prefer to know ahead of time that I needed to kill a few hours between ceremony and reception since this is outside the norm. I also would not want to receive the info the night before or day-of for the first time because that doesn''t allow for any planning. Ideally I would prefer to receive this information with some ideas of activities in the STD, then again later, either in my OOT bag (but if I''m not an OOT guest I wouldn''t get this info). Therefore, an insert in the ceremony program is also a great way to transmit this information along with directions to the reception site. HTH

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I went slightly overboard. We got married in Milwaukee, WI and 80% of people were OOT (including us!) I included the directions, hotel info, and attractions (things that makes milwaukee special) in my invites. Then I left OOT bags with goodies from WI in the rooms with another set on directions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results