shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Options: in a hot air balloon or Banff?

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Alright I'm thinking of how to take the final step and need help. The girlfriend had mentioned not to long ago about wanting to go in a hot air balloon. Thought hey there's my chance. Made some phone calls and there is for sure another two couples in the basket as well with you. I was told the basket is fairly large and has separate compartments for the groups. Would this be a deal breaker for you guys? Or do you think it would still be alright?

My other idea is that we're going to Banff next month with my parents and such. Thought I could haul the ring up some hike to a waterfall or on top of a mountain to propose. My concern with this one is again there could be lots of people around.

So those were my two ideas please let me know what you think.

Thanks

PhillyMcGee

Rough_Rock
If it were me I wouldn't mind having other people in the same sort of area such as on a hike, but probably wouldn't like the other people being in the hot air balloon with me. That's a shame you can't get a private one as that would be lovely!!

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
I think they do offer a ride with just the two people but at a price tag of at least $1000. It's not out of the realm of possibilities but she'd probably prefer I put that money towards a trip for us instead of the couple hour balloon ride. Thanks for the reply by the way.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I think a shared hot air balloon ride would be fine. In fact you could do what my now Dh did when he proposed! He took me on a sail under the golden gate in San Francisco and as the sun set he asked another couple to take our picture. As the guy went to snap it, my now hubby got down on one knee and proposed. I LOVE those pictures and will always cherish them. It was also fun to have just a small handful of people there to share our excitement and congratulate us. Good luck, whatever you decide! :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I'd be too terrified in a hot air balloon to actually pay attention to anything other than gripping the edge of the basket!! I'd vote for a romantic view overlooking Lake Louise in Banff - so gorgeous - the two of you could go on a hike and then she can share the details with family right after!

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions! I wish I knew banff better so I would be able to plan something out. I have a feeling I'm just going to have to carry it around and just wait for the moment if I do it there.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
Is there any way you could conspire with a friend to set up a champagne breakfast with scattered rose petals to follow immediately after the balloon ride? Then the friend could take pictures of you on bended knee. That way you can have a bit of space to yourself instead of being crammed into a basket, plus you've just had a romantic ride.

Banff would be my first choice though. The top of the sulphur mountain gondola has a walkway to the very top of the mountain that is blustery and full of tourists, but the other side of the restaurant building has a helipad with a spectacular view and is usually free of people or only has one or two. Peak summer season might be a bit more crowded though. Anyway, it's a beautiful spot. There is a wee fence with a gate but anyone can go on it.
Bow falls near the Banff springs hotel is gorgeous. Crowded in summer.
If you want to drive about 50 mins further to Lake Louise, there is a very short hike to the top of the rocks near the parking lot at Moraine Lake. Moraine Lake has the spectacular Valley of Ten Peaks and is just 5 mins from Lake Louise. The view from the top of the rocks is breathtaking. Check for when it is open because the whole lake is closed except for summer.
Lake Louise itself is also very beautiful.

Or, you could do both, kind of. Take a helicopter ride to a mountain meadow in Banff. Have a picnic, get engaged!

Good luck and congratulations!

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Wow thanks Jane. I'll definitely look into those places you mentioned. I'm pretty sure we'll be stopping at lake Louise as well so that may be the spot to do it as it will probably be the least crowded. Time to do some reading about each of the spots you mentioned :D

Mia18

Rough_Rock
I also think the spot after the short hike up the rocks at Moraine Lake would be wonderful. Another great spot is at the Little Beehive above Lake Louise. The hike is longer though. You have a great view of Lake Louise below and it wasn't crowded at all when I was there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results