shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ryan4mel

Rough_Rock
vice or maybe something that could be added.

My girlfriend n I will be going on vacation the same time as our anniversary. I was thinking of proposing on that day and here''s how:

She had told me then best day of her life with me was when we went on vacation together a few months ago and we fell asleep on the beach together under then night sky. Another time we had together that sticks out was the 4th of July on the beach watching fireworks. .My idea is to take her out to "1 yr anniversary dinner" and afterwards have a special spot on the beach set up with wine and blankets and pillows. So I wanted to incorporate that in to the proposal. Sneakily during the week before I''m going with a friend to buy a firework show..not a little dinky one either! I''ll have him set up the show before hand and when we get to the beach have him start lighting them off. So my questions is do we enjoy the show and then propose or do it before the fireworks? Any ideas or advice would be MUCH appreciated!

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Tough one. It would be cute if they could go off right after she said "yes" (hopefully
2.gif
). The celebratory fireworks after the big proposal! You can have your friend watch for you to get down on one knee, and then appropriately light them off after you pop the question and hug/kiss!

Great idea!

ryan4mel

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice, I think thats a great idea! Would it be to much to blindfold her so she doenst know where I''m taking her?...

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
hmmm... just a thought...

which is a more fitting finale? the fireworks or your proposal?

way i see it.. if the fireworks go first and your proposal after, the fireworks won't take anything away from the proposal coz its bigger than anything...

but if you propose first then fireworks.. the fireworks become just an add-on...

if you go with the fireworks first plus the beach setting plus the wine and all she'll just think its an amazing anniversary celebration... then you can really surprise her with the knee down big one...

besides.. the fireworks probably won't go away too fast.. so as long as you time it properly, you'll still get to hug and kiss under the brightness of the night skies..

just my 2-cents...
21.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 7:17:40 AM
Author: blastdoor
hmmm... just a thought...

which is a more fitting finale? the fireworks or your proposal?

way i see it.. if the fireworks go first and your proposal after, the fireworks won't take anything away from the proposal coz its bigger than anything...

but if you propose first then fireworks.. the fireworks become just an add-on...

if you go with the fireworks first plus the beach setting plus the wine and all she'll just think its an amazing anniversary celebration... then you can really surprise her with the knee down big one...

besides.. the fireworks probably won't go away too fast.. so as long as you time it properly, you'll still get to hug and kiss under the brightness of the night skies..

just my 2-cents...
21.gif

I think I'd have to agree with blastdoor on this one...

btw, the fireworks idea is soooooooo amazing!!! I'm not one for big over the top proposals but I'd have to say the one exception would be a fireworks show.

As to the blind folding idea, I really don't think it's necessary. The whole thing will be a surprise so what does it matter if she sees the set up on the beach as she's walking up to it. I think that might actually be cooler for her to see the set up and be like, "wait, is that for us?" There's no need to make it awkward with a blind fold that will probably mess up her hair and makeup and just be awkward.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:14:29 PM
Author: BeachRunner
Tough one. It would be cute if they could go off right after she said ''yes'' (hopefully
2.gif
). The celebratory fireworks after the big proposal! You can have your friend watch for you to get down on one knee, and then appropriately light them off after you pop the question and hug/kiss!

Great idea!
I really like this idea.

I''d say lead her down to the blanket, propose and as you hug/kiss have your friend set the fireworks off. I think it seems so fairy tale romantic. :)

The only thing I see is that it may startle her, but it will probably give you both a good laugh and you can enjoy the show together.

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
How big are these fireworks?

I say don''t blindfold her, lead her to the picnic, enjoy it, propose, and the two of you set off fireworks togehter, that way you have privacy and don''t have a friend jumping out at u?

ryan4mel

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the insight, it actually makes it easier for me to invision the night! I agree to keep the blindfolding part out, just the fact that I''ll have a special surprise for her after dinner will keep her excited and guessing. We''ve been talking about getting married for a while so she knows it is coming, just trying to catch her off guard and why i''m trying to make it special and out of the norm.

The fireworks i''m getting will be the 500gram tubes which is the highest grade you can purchase while still being legal. I just have to call the fire department and get the okay ahead of time to do this on the beach. Wouldnt that be a way to top of the engagement, a trip to the cop shop!

Thank you everyone for taking the time and giving me your input, it has helped and given me clearity. Overall, even if things dont go "pefect" I cant wait to see the look in her eyes and the smile that will come after I pop the question. I''m thinking of getting rose peddals and will make a secret path to where the whole setup will be.

I''ll take some pictures and at the end of the month n will post them to let you all know how it went!!

ryan4mel

Rough_Rock
So the local police said a no go with the fireworks....?!?!
Any suggestions?

Triggerfish

Rough_Rock
Awwww.....Bummer! Let me think about it. Maybe we can come up with something else. Damn you Fire Department!! LOL
2.gif

ryan4mel

Rough_Rock
I know right!? Dissapointment, another thought was lighting the firworks not on the beach but on a boat...coast guard didnt like that idea to much either.
I can always go out of the "city" and pick a beach spot to do it......hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results