shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal idea...any good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icyhot

Rough_Rock
Ok...so here is my idea. Let me know if it''s any good. Any feedback is appreciated.

My girlfriend loves to ride (horses), so I have decided to surprise her for our four year anniversary by taking her to a Bed & Breakfast (B&B) in the mountains that specializes in horseback rides.

Here is the setting...

While she is busy getting ready for the evening event she doesn''t know of (the proposal), I am going to sneak out and find a secluded area in the hills surrounding the B&B to watch the sunset. I plan on bringing along her favorite bottle of wine and her favorite type of cheese. I''ll bring the camera along to capture some pictures of the sunset, but also to use as a diversion for the question. After we have had some wine (enough for me to ease my nerves) and cheese, I''ll bring her over to a specific tree that will be unique. I''ll have her set the timer on the camera and come over to join me for a picture by this tree. What''s special about the tree is...I will have already inscribed the question on the tree ''Erica, will you marry me?,'' and if I wanted to add a comedic affect, I could also include ''Circle Yes or No,'' or go with something more cutesy and draw a heart with my initials and tell her to inscribe her ''would be'' initials if she said ''Yes.'' As she walks over to the tree, I will point out the inscription on the tree and drop to one knee (hopefully as the timer goes off on the camera...I''ll need to practice I guess) and pop the question.

Let me know what you think...is it cheesy, romantic, should I add the comedic affect or the other option?

bfready

Rough_Rock
Personally I wouldn''t add the circle yes or no thing. But after she says yes and you guys have your time to take in the moment, and before you pack up for the night, maybe you could have her carve the answer in the tree.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Overall I LOVE it. But the tree hugger in me doesn''t think it''s very nice to carve ANYTHING into a tree, especially if it is on someone else''s property. Can you think of another way to pop the question itself?

Not to mention, have you ever tried to carve anything into a tree? It takes a long time (if you want it to be readable) from what I remember as a kid, especially to carve something as long as you are thinking. You might be gone a long long time which could make her suspicious that something is going on.

But I think it is really sweet of you to take her to ride horses, and the wine with the sunset. Gorgeous setting!

icyhot

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 10:41:35 AM
Author: neatfreak
Overall I LOVE it. But the tree hugger in me doesn''t think it''s very nice to carve ANYTHING into a tree, especially if it is on someone else''s property. Can you think of another way to pop the question itself?

Not to mention, have you ever tried to carve anything into a tree? It takes a long time (if you want it to be readable) from what I remember as a kid, especially to carve something as long as you are thinking. You might be gone a long long time which could make her suspicious that something is going on.

But I think it is really sweet of you to take her to ride horses, and the wine with the sunset. Gorgeous setting!
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...I don''t want to mess with Mother Nature, but I thought it would a way to immortalize the moment...well at least until some land development company comes along and makes a theme park out of the place.

Also, I wasn''t thinking about how long it might take to actually do that...good point. I guess it''s been a while since I have done anything like that.

Thanks for the advice.

SBee

Rough_Rock
I agree about the carving the tree problem.

Also--instead of having HER put the timer on the camera on, why don''t YOU pretend you''re doing that but instead....turn it on VIDEO MODE!! You''ll capture the whole thing :)

icyhot

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 9:57:20 PM
Author: SBee
I agree about the carving the tree problem.

Also--instead of having HER put the timer on the camera on, why don''t YOU pretend you''re doing that but instead....turn it on VIDEO MODE!! You''ll capture the whole thing :)
WoW...Duh! Why didn''t I think of that lol? I think that would be much easier than trying to capture a picture. Thanks for the suggestion!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock

What romantic idea!!

You could write it in chalk??

It will be quicker and will do less damage – and the picture will etch the moment in time!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results